Hell just froze. Heading to Harley-Davidson dealership tonight. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hell just froze. Heading to Harley-Davidson dealership tonight.

DJM

Site Supporter
Don't ask why, I don't know. Sold my bike and was all set on a sport-tourer. Guy at work said take my bike for a ride ( a Dyna SuperGlide) so I relunctantly climbed on (in) and...

I loved it. Something raw and visceral about the whole thing. Wife is supporting me on this as she has always like HD's. Going to test ride a Dyna Fat Bob. I never would have thought it after 30 years of sport bikes.

Good God I hope I never try on a womans's dress...

So you're actually going to pay 2020 price for 1970's technology? Why? What's wrong with a Japanese cruiser for 1/3 the price and superior quality and performance?

lolololol! Love your heading :)

I find myself saying that would I "never get a HD". I think it's the loudness of some of them I don't like. But, never say never, right? I've seen some really nice-looking ones (couldn't tell you the names though).

Actually, my first time on a HD was last summer. I got stuck coming up the Dewitt Road hill. After 40 minutes, a guy (Brian) on a HD stopped and gave me a ride to the top and he walked back down and got my CBR125. My hero :) Since then, I do find myself noticing HDs more. But...

Good luck if you do end up getting a HD.

So you're actually going to pay 2020 price for 1970's technology? Why? What's wrong with a Japanese cruiser for 1/3 the price and superior quality and performance?

Plus, you have to be fat, have a huge gut, be old, wear sun glasses, and have some kind of white/bonde beard going on.

EDIT: Forgot, you also have to carry knives around or axes.

Don't let the naysayers discourage you, or anybody from heading down to their local Harley Davidson dealership and picking out the motorcycle of their dreams. Don't forget to top off your experience by outfitting yourself with quality gear and accessories.

The haters on here are pathetic, and quite frankly...don't know much. I giggle at the pathetic hate you all have.

OP - Good luck. It's a great bike. I like the counterbalanced engine, but it can rattle your teeth at low speeds. Make sure you try out the blackline as well. It's the Softail so it's a bit easier to ride given the engine is on rubber mounts. Makes it a bit smoother ride at low and highway speeds.

Just remember, ignorant haters gonna hate. The jap scrap elitists are worse than any Harley guy you'll ever meet. ;)

Riding my first HOG this year and it's pretty cool!
Hope you drop by Kitchener Harley and see Nate or Doug, ask for 747 pampering! ;)

Have you considered buying a slightly used one?
You can save 30% for sure. There are plenty of new/used bikes with less than 5k on them that some rich nerd from richmond hill bought, but after a few tim hortons meets, decided it wasn't his thing.
The dealership often has a few used bikes around with plenty of warranty etc.. (not that it means anything, we all know how dealerships treat you AFTER the purchase)

And if you do buy a dyna, please consider purchasing a fork brace and a stage 1 kit as first accessories.
The motor is quite limited in stock setup and the fork brace makes quite the difference in stability on those bumpy curves.

And if you do buy a dyna, please consider purchasing a fork brace and a stage 1 kit as first accessories.
The motor is quite limited in stock setup and the fork brace makes quite the difference in stability on those bumpy curves.

I disagree. If you buy the bike, put in a season on it THEN decide on any mods. I went from sport bikes to a Dyna back in 2003. Never felt it needed more power, and even after riding the Dragon in two successive years never felt the need for a fork brace. You may or may not feel a need for those mods. Your mileage may vary. To each his own. Make your own mind up. Someone else's experiences/needs may not match yours.

Have you considered buying a slightly used one?
You can save 30% for sure. There are plenty of new/used bikes with less than 5k on them that some rich nerd from richmond hill bought, but after a few tim hortons meets, decided it wasn't his thing.
The dealership often has a few used bikes around with plenty of warranty etc.. (not that it means anything, we all know how dealerships treat you AFTER the purchase)

Good advice on the used! You can also look at buying an American used bike from a couple of places and save even more.

The haters on here are pathetic, and quite frankly...don't know much. I giggle at the pathetic hate you all have.

OP - Good luck. It's a great bike. I like the counterbalanced engine, but it can rattle your teeth at low speeds. Make sure you try out the blackline as well. It's the Softail so it's a bit easier to ride given the engine is on rubber mounts. Makes it a bit smoother ride at low and highway speeds.

Just remember, ignorant haters gonna hate. The jap scrap elitists are worse than any Harley guy you'll ever meet. ;)

I'm not going to go into a debate with you, because, any educated person (about motorcycles) knows, you're going to lose the battle.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Continue supporting a company that produces fashion accessories which you call motorcycles.

I don't celebrate nor support failure in any department, and when it comes to motorcycles, Harley Davidson is a failure, plain and simple. They thrive and survive on support from the ignorant and uneducated.

I'm not going to go into a debate with you, because, any educated person (about motorcycles) knows, you're going to lose the battle.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Continue supporting a company that produces fashion accessories which you call motorcycles.

I don't celebrate nor support failure in any department, and when it comes to motorcycles, Harley Davidson is a failure, plain and simple. They thrive and survive on support from the ignorant and uneducated.

Based on your bike selection in your sig, please refer to the following thread.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...ere-did-the-gixxer-stereotypes-originate-from

That is all. Apparently ignorance is bliss. Have a noice day!

Oh...please find me a Japanese cruiser that is 1/3 the price for the same level of bike. I really would like to buy 3 of them. Thanks.

OP - Good luck. It's a great bike. , but it can rattle your teeth at low speeds.
The jap scrap elitists are worse than any Harley guy you'll ever meet. ;)

WELL! OBVIOUSLY GREAT BIKES RATTLE YOUR TEETH! That's what I always look for in a great bike!

And your second line is quite ironic and funny as well.

And since you own a Vrod and not even a real Harley your opinion is invalid.

Well that was pretty hypocritical.

When I am disrepected...I cease to have the need to be respectful. :) Hence the winkedy wink. :)

I like your bike!

Last edited:
WELL! OBVIOUSLY GREAT BIKES RATTLE YOUR TEETH! That's what I always look for in a great bike!

And your second line is quite ironic and funny as well.

And since you own a Vrod and not even a real Harley your opinion is invalid.

Thanks! It is a great bike and I am both ironic and funny. We're so alike we should go on a ride together sometime.

Awwww...but it says Harley on the side.

Definition of opinion:
[h=3]o·pin·ion/əˈpinyən/Noun[/h]1. A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
2. The beliefs or views of a large number or majority of people about a particular thing.

Which means that 99.9% of what goes on in this forum that is passed off as fact...is just frankly...opinion. And my opinion, as well as yours and anyone else's is completely valid. :) That's what makes our country great! Or are you a terrorist??!!! :confused1:

Thanks! It is a great bike and I am both ironic and funny. We're so alike we should go on a ride together sometime.

Or are you a terrorist??!!! :confused1:

I'm just a forum terrorist. And I would absolutely go on a ride with you, your response was funny and intelligent which is sadly rare in forums these days.

PS. I would own a Harley. LOL

SinCity19020501.jpg

Chaps....do it up!

Back
Top Bottom