Hell just froze. Heading to Harley-Davidson dealership tonight. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hell just froze. Heading to Harley-Davidson dealership tonight.

I'm just a forum terrorist. And I would absolutely go on a ride with you, your response was funny and intelligent which is sadly rare in forums these days.

PS. I would own a Harley. LOL

Awww shucks. :D

I don't celebrate nor support failure in any department, and when it comes to motorcycles, Harley Davidson is a failure, plain and simple. They thrive and survive on support from the ignorant and uneducated.

You forgot to include "the moneyed" among "the ignorant and uneducated", and a good many of those "moneyed" are anything but ignorant and uneducated.

Harley Davidson: Turning Gas into noise without the side effect of Power!
Sorry, Had too.

Don't ask why, I don't know. Sold my bike and was all set on a sport-tourer. Guy at work said take my bike for a ride ( a Dyna SuperGlide) so I relunctantly climbed on (in) and...

I loved it. Something raw and visceral about the whole thing. Wife is supporting me on this as she has always like HD's. Going to test ride a Dyna Fat Bob. I never would have thought it after 30 years of sport bikes.

Good God I hope I never try on a womans's dress...

H-D's (and cruisers for that matter) aren't my thing. I've tried a couple. But I have experienced the 180 degree turn in thinking on more than one occasion myself. Crap, I just took up golf which for those that know me is pretty funny. Don't let the rude-boyz get to ya. Buy and ride what ya want and enjoy it.

Now, about the dress thing, it's all good if you have the legs for it....

Plus, you have to be fat, have a huge gut, be old, wear sun glasses, and have some kind of white/bonde beard going on.

EDIT: Forgot, you also have to carry knives around or axes.

At least they don't ask what to do when someone wrongs them by turning right in front of them.. Maybe an axe would help you out in that situation cupcake..

Based on your bike selection in your sig, please refer to the following thread.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...ere-did-the-gixxer-stereotypes-originate-from

That is all. Apparently ignorance is bliss. Have a noice day!

Oh...please find me a Japanese cruiser that is 1/3 the price for the same level of bike. I really would like to buy 3 of them. Thanks.

There is a flaw in this logic. Whether I belong to that crowd of people or not,(I certainly don't, but you jumped to the conclusion a bit too early) just because I ride a GSXR, is irrelevant. The bike I ride can stand on it's own feet and defend itself based on years and years of R&D and technological advancement. (My bike has actually EVOLVED into a lighter, faster, more precise as the years went by, not to mention, cheaper to own and maintain)

The one and only department in which HD is the leader is NOISE. No performance, no handling, no acceleration, no braking, no value for money.

I can see how the media/marketing dept. is actually very successful in brainwashing clueless consumers out of their hard earned money, so Willie G and his friends can continue to laugh all the way to the bank.

Facts are not necessarily my opinion, but they are facts nonetheless. My opinion is irrelevant here.

Don't ask why, I don't know. Sold my bike and was all set on a sport-tourer. Guy at work said take my bike for a ride ( a Dyna SuperGlide) so I relunctantly climbed on (in) and...

I loved it. Something raw and visceral about the whole thing. Wife is supporting me on this as she has always like HD's. Going to test ride a Dyna Fat Bob. I never would have thought it after 30 years of sport bikes.

Ahahahaha @ thread title!

I know how you feel about the cruiser experience, I felt the same way my first time. That thump that comes through the gas tank at idle feels like a heart beat. My uncles got a soft tail & its a beautiful bike. Ive had a couple vulcans, and ya some say you get more for less with metrics, but if you gotta have HD, nothing else will do. Enjoy!

The bike I ride can stand on it's own feet and defend itself based on years and years of R&D and technological advancement. (My bike has actually EVOLVED into a lighter, faster, more precise as the years went by, not to mention, cheaper to own and maintain)

Digital imagery is certainly faster, more accurate, easier, more accesible and cheaper than painted portraits..and yet..painted portraits seem to have considerable value at times..

Good for you. Odds are you've been riding longer than many on here have even been alive. Do what you want to do, have fun. Congrats.

Digital imagery is certainly faster, more accurate, easier, more accesible and cheaper than painted portraits..and yet..painted portraits seem to have considerable value at times..

I don't see the connection.

There is a flaw in this logic. Whether I belong to that crowd of people or not,(I certainly don't, but you jumped to the conclusion a bit too early) just because I ride a GSXR, is irrelevant. The bike I ride can stand on it's own feet and defend itself based on years and years of R&D and technological advancement. (My bike has actually EVOLVED into a lighter, faster, more precise as the years went by, not to mention, cheaper to own and maintain)

The one and only department in which HD is the leader is NOISE. No performance, no handling, no acceleration, no braking, no value for money.

I can see how the media/marketing dept. is actually very successful in brainwashing clueless consumers out of their hard earned money, so Willie G and his friends can continue to laugh all the way to the bank.

Facts are not necessarily my opinion, but they are facts nonetheless. My opinion is irrelevant here.

I thought you were done arguing with me? Awwww..it's ok.

As for all those things you mentioned, the HD of today is vastly improved over the HD of yesterday. Wether or not you choose to believe that is up to you. There has been a significant amount of improvement in the engine performance, the technology behind them, the implementation of ABS brakes, etc. Maintenance costs continue to go down. The loss of the company to AMF definitely hurt the company for a lot of years. However, one cannot dispute they have worked hard in recent years to improve the technology behind their engines and their motorcycles. I could go into a list of things, but it would just confuse you.

Actually, HD is also the leader in slow speed maneuvring. Ugh..can't remember the name of the show that did this...always did a NA machine vs. a European machine. BMW smoked it in everything else, but couldn't touch it in this category. And the beauty is, as you have provided no facts to back up any of your statement, I don't have to either! Yippee!

You claim facts, yet state none. Therefore, it's all made up internet gobblygook as far as I'm concerned. All you've stated is opinion. There isn't a single fact here.

Oh and I'm still waiting for that list of cruisers you mentioned, because I was serious...I want one for 1/3rd the price!

I actually have an appreciation for all bikes. And while I may prefer cruisers to sport bikes and HD's to metrics, I don't feel the need to go on internet forums and proclaim my superiority by trying to put other bikes down. I could have pointed out that in a recent muscle cruiser shootout done by Motorcycle USA, the VROD destroyed the M109 in terms of performance...but I chose not to. (Oh by the way...that there <--- That's a fact.)

Now I'll go back to my clueless consumerism and bask in your oh so superior gixxerness. Please continue the laugh fest. You are truly entertaininig.

Sadly I see lots of pathetic comments in this thread from people whom might never had their butt on a Harley or newbies, or just think there is no other bikes better than theirs!

OP, enjoy the bike, I picked up my electra glide this year, I already put 11,000 Km on her, my other bike, only saw less than a 1000Km so far.

Do It you won't be disappointed. A very different ride but still lots of fun! If I had the money I would have a GSX and a Harley. Both great bikes just different rides.

Sadly I see lots of pathetic comments in this thread from people whom might never had their butt on a Harley or newbies, or just think there is no other bikes better than theirs!

See...I have no problem with people thinking their bike is better than others. Hell...why else would you have bought it otherwise???

But when you have to put your bike up by putting other people's down...well that just smacks of serious PPD.

Oh, Christ, here we go again... another one from the anti-Harley camp makes the jump across the fence.

Oh, Christ, here we go again... another one from the anti-Harley camp makes the jump across the fence.

LOL!

But at the OP...might want to wait and buy a 2012...I am reading you can get a 103 engine on the 2012's. Had the good fortune to take a street glide out with a 103...It seriously moved for a big bike!

I'm not going to go into a debate with you, because, any educated person (about motorcycles) knows, you're going to lose the battle.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Continue supporting a company that produces fashion accessories which you call motorcycles.

I don't celebrate nor support failure in any department, and when it comes to motorcycles, Harley Davidson is a failure, plain and simple. They thrive and survive on support from the ignorant and uneducated.

Says the guy who's owned basically the same Suzuki 5 times over? What makes you so "educated" exactly? All those years and dollars spent riding the same bike with a slightly different colour scheme and slightly different styling? Your experience is clearly very limited and you're obviously afraid to step out of the box... so who cares what you think??

Certain bikes (just like certain cars) evoke feelings which go beyond spec sheets and laptimes. Lots of folks spend big money on Nortons or classic Ducatis as well... bikes which are, technically speaking, completely outdated and totally overpriced. You think the owner of a Commando 961 gives a damn that he could've had a faster and lighter GSXR1000 with spare change? lol make us laugh some more please

Back
Top Bottom