Hell just froze. Heading to Harley-Davidson dealership tonight. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hell just froze. Heading to Harley-Davidson dealership tonight.

Says the guy who's owned basically the same Suzuki 5 times over? What makes you so "educated" exactly? All those years and dollars spent riding the same bike with a slightly different colour scheme and slightly different styling? Your experience is clearly very limited and you're obviously afraid to step out of the box... so who cares what you think??

Certain bikes (just like certain cars) evoke feelings which go beyond spec sheets and laptimes. Lots of folks spend big money on Nortons or classic Ducatis as well... bikes which are, technically speaking, completely outdated and totally overpriced. You think the owner of a Commando 961 gives a damn that he could've had a faster and lighter GSXR1000 with spare change? lol make us laugh some more please
+1 on that! and if he new any better then he would have done his reaserch ,and found out that the 06 gsxr 600/750's had just a fairing change and that was it from 06 through to 10
Question y rass him so ??? Isn't it his cash!

one other thing sport bike related I would like to add if I may!
Y is the Honda cbr600rr so expensive ? And people pay the big money for this bike .... oh IT;S A HONDA !
But Honda in o7 didn't come with a slipper cluch,the uni pro link was now 4 years old , and nosteering damper , oh and no abc mode for wet weather . But thay still manage to sell you that bike for $3000 more then any other sport bike !!!
Oh and Honda I beleive doesn't even race in the AMA this year.
MY two cents!!!

I thought you were done arguing with me? Awwww..it's ok.

As for all those things you mentioned, the HD of today is vastly improved over the HD of yesterday. Wether or not you choose to believe that is up to you. There has been a significant amount of improvement in the engine performance, the technology behind them, the implementation of ABS brakes, etc. Maintenance costs continue to go down. The loss of the company to AMF definitely hurt the company for a lot of years. However, one cannot dispute they have worked hard in recent years to improve the technology behind their engines and their motorcycles. I could go into a list of things, but it would just confuse you.

Actually, HD is also the leader in slow speed maneuvring. Ugh..can't remember the name of the show that did this...always did a NA machine vs. a European machine. BMW smoked it in everything else, but couldn't touch it in this category. And the beauty is, as you have provided no facts to back up any of your statement, I don't have to either! Yippee!

You claim facts, yet state none. Therefore, it's all made up internet gobblygook as far as I'm concerned. All you've stated is opinion. There isn't a single fact here.

Oh and I'm still waiting for that list of cruisers you mentioned, because I was serious...I want one for 1/3rd the price!

I actually have an appreciation for all bikes. And while I may prefer cruisers to sport bikes and HD's to metrics, I don't feel the need to go on internet forums and proclaim my superiority by trying to put other bikes down. I could have pointed out that in a recent muscle cruiser shootout done by Motorcycle USA, the VROD destroyed the M109 in terms of performance...but I chose not to. (Oh by the way...that there <--- That's a fact.)

Now I'll go back to my clueless consumerism and bask in your oh so superior gixxerness. Please continue the laugh fest. You are truly entertaininig.

There is plenty of fact if only you do the research as I have done mine.

Also, I never said I don't appreciate all types of bikes, I do, I have no problem with cruiser type bikes, but I have a problem with Harley for reasons, well, that you ignore to spend the time and find out for yourself.

Says the guy who's owned basically the same Suzuki 5 times over? What makes you so "educated" exactly? All those years and dollars spent riding the same bike with a slightly different colour scheme and slightly different styling? Your experience is clearly very limited and you're obviously afraid to step out of the box... so who cares what you think??

Certain bikes (just like certain cars) evoke feelings which go beyond spec sheets and laptimes. Lots of folks spend big money on Nortons or classic Ducatis as well... bikes which are, technically speaking, completely outdated and totally overpriced. You think the owner of a Commando 961 gives a damn that he could've had a faster and lighter GSXR1000 with spare change? lol make us laugh some more please

The reason I keep giving Suzuki my money is because I get great value for my money in ALL aspects of motorcycling. I keep upgrading to a newer and better bike for a very small additional premium. HD's evolutionary advancement is mediocre at best. Same old tired technology, slapped with chrome and leather sold to foolish fashion lemmings and bad-*** wannabees for unjustified amounts of money. If you fail to realize that, I can't really help you there.

In regards to sentimentality and feelings towards a car/bike/whatever is a personal thing, and I'm fine with that, but don't tell me HD produce superior motorcycles, because that is not true.

usualsuspects03.jpg

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!! DJM You really do not know what your in for! Just by a nice safe Jap cruiser, and life will stay normal and dull. Once you take the HD road, there is no going back! You have been warned!!! Harley Has changed my life, in a big way, I have balls of fun now, met some of the greatest people I ever met in my life, and look forward to many more good times to come. This weekend my girl (has a Harley to) and I are off to the 24th annual Rosie's Rodeo and Roast, 3 days of beer, babes and Harley's, Great people, great times, great entertainment! Not the kind of place for a jap cruiser, so play it safe, listen to the experts here with there lack of balls and DO NOT BUY AN HD!

Last edited:
There is plenty of fact if only you do the research as I have done mine.

Also, I never said I don't appreciate all types of bikes, I do, I have no problem with cruiser type bikes, but I have a problem with Harley for reasons, well, that you ignore to spend the time and find out for yourself.

You still have not provided anything to back up your point. You have only made statements. And since you continue to be unable to come up with that metric cruiser for a 1/3 the price I keep asking you for, it takes away from the rest of your argument as it diminishes your credibility. I'd continue to offer you some tips on the finer points of debating, but I'm going to have to start charging you soon.

I have done my research...that why I bought a Harley. In the class of bike I bought it is heads and tails above the direct competition. Including the aptly named 800 pound behemoth, the M109.

Put down the haterade, do some research that isn't based on 1980's technology or that somebody from some internet website told you was true because his brother's brother's friend rode a Harley once and it sucked.

Are you done? Because this is now the third time you've posted since you said you were. I just want to make sure I come back for more entertainment.

Last edited:
Just read your edit reason... lmao

You still have not provided anything to back up your point. You have only made statements. And since you continue to be unable to come up with that metric cruiser for a 1/3 the price I keep asking you for, it takes away from the rest of your argument as it diminishes your credibility. I'd continue to offer you some tips on the finer points of debating, but I'm going to have to start charging you soon.

I have done my research...that why I bought a Harley. In the class of bike I bought it is heads and tails above the direct competition. Including the aptly named 800 pound behemoth, the M109.

Put down the haterade, do some research that isn't based on 1980's technology or that somebody from some internet website told you was true because his brother's brother's friend rode a Harley once and it sucked.

Are you done? Because this is now the third time you've posted since you said you were. I just want to make sure I come back for more entertainment.

Tigster. I'm ridding my research, You have no idea how stupid you look when you start pretending you actually know something about Harley's, Trust me, You know nothing about them, or the people that enjoy them.

Every Tom, Dick & Harry has a Harley, they are a dime a dozen now.
Take a look at some other bikes that will put a Harley to shame.
This for example... will leave a Vrod in the dust... and cost a lot less than paying for the Harley name..http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/26518...cations/2011-Triumph-Rocket-III-Roadster.aspx

Think before you post...It's called actual research and not just spew whatever random crap you find.

Canadian Price for Triumph Rocket: http://www.gpbikes.com/new_vehicle_...veh=207879&CatDesc=Motorcycles&ModelYear=2011

Canadian Price for VROD: http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_CA/Motorcycles/night-rod-special.html#/specs

Looks like the Rocket is 3k more. Or do you have a different definition of less I am unaware of?

FYI...that Rocket will leave damn near any bike in the dust, including many sport bikes...It has more power than most 4 bangers in cars!!! LOL...I saw one tow a frikkin pop up camp trailer (full size!) into the park at Ride for Sight. Was unreal.

I love how some people think that THEIR criteria is what everyone else should base their motorcycle purchase on. As I said in my previous post, to each his/her own. I've ridden different types/styles of bikes over the years, and as my needs and criteria change, so have the bikes I have owned. You who are know-it-alls need to come back in about ten years when you have matured and learned from life's experiences.

As a person who has lost a few friends to the dark side be careful, this road you are heading down can be an expensive one. Do you look good in orange and black? I hope you do because your wardrobe is about to change, out with everything, in with HD branded wear ( my one bud even has HD pj's). Don't forget the decals for all your cages. Then there's the inevitable Sportster for the wife. And those things your friends ride, they're not real bikes, you can't be seen with them. They sound more like bumble bees than real bikes anyway.

As a person who has lost a few friends to the dark side be careful, this road you are heading down can be an expensive one. Do you look good in orange and black? I hope you do because your wardrobe is about to change, out with everything, in with HD branded wear ( my one bud even has HD pj's). Don't forget the decals for all your cages. Then there's the inevitable Sportster for the wife. And those things your friends ride, they're not real bikes, you can't be seen with them. They sound more like bumble bees than real bikes anyway.

Wouldn't that be the chrome side? Not the dark side? :)

Just kidding...no question there are some guys who go overboard. Own a bit of merchandise myself. lol...friends and family get out easy on gifts. "What Harley merchandise can I buy him this year?" :D

Pretty sure the only requirement is to have a gut full of flub, and a handle bar mustache.

But mustaches irritate me so.

And it's full beard.

Get your facts straight. Pfft.

Definitely a bunch of folks must have everything HD. Even their P/U truck or rig. But, I'd also say some owners of other makes do their best to support their brand too. They just don't have the same pool of merchandise to shop from.

I love how tigster insults the brand AND the people that ride them. I think there is room on this marble for as many different bikes they are willing to make and sell them for the price the free market is willing to pay. I really prefer he stick riding the Zookie and spout off to everyone that will listen about how HD sucks and he's made an informed decision. Don't know if that is an accurate representation of ALL Suzuki owners but, I've got a pretty good idea what HE represents.

Lastly, there are only a few makes in the cruiser market that produce timeless machines. Most jap cruisers look dated and become discountinued after a few model runs. There are exceptions of course. BTW, my neighbour's newer (2006 IIRC) Shadow has a rear drum brake and chain drive. Cutting edge tech!!!

You have to do whats right for you. Who cares what you ride, its THAT you ride that counts. As for the comment someone made about paying 2020 prices for 1970's technology, this is probably the best time since the 60's to buy a Harley in Canada. Up until the 60's I believe the Canadian dollar was worth more than the American. After that, the American dollar rose higher. Back in the 90's the Canadian dollar was only worth like .60c American. I was at a Harley dealer not long ago and both the 1200 Sportster and the Electraglide Classic are going for within $500 of what they did in the late 90's!

So, OP, if its a Harley you want, this is the time to do it!

Back
Top Bottom