Good ol reliable... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good ol reliable...

I really like the Kenda 270s. In the tough gravel of the trans taiga my buddy struggled with more street oriented Shinkos while the other three of us had no problems with the 270s.

Congrats.

I'm a 100% Shinko user here as well and love them - 777's on both our bikes and have had nothing but great experiences across multiple sets.

Macdoc changes bikes more often than I change socks!

Based on the pattern, I guess Macdoc's next bike will be a... Honda CB500X?

If you really like a bike, there's absolutely nothing wrong with getting the same model, but newer.

Just saying...

:D
No argument there; merely making an observation.

whatever he gets you know it will be "the best ride ever" and we should all get one

Until Mimico stepped up I had 4 bikes on two continents and with the mess Ontario / Canada is in with Covid out of control I have zero interest in returning for a long while. No use paying monthly on the CB500x so we made a deal.
My return ticket is good until June 2022 to book and don't have to use it until June 2023.

The CBF1000 is up for sale since my son cannot ride and tieing up cash. Will be safetied next week I hope when dealer has time.

The Burgman 650 was a gift but have to do some work to get it transferred. It runs fine but needs rotors, pads and a front tire for roadworthy. Might trade it , hard to sell as high mileage tho goes for a good buck here ....
The KLR650 keeps on keepin' on...

I do tend to rotate bikes, on occasion I make some money on it. Thought the cb500x was long term but events interfered and not worth shipping to Aus when I have bikes already here. Better to reload.
Our quarantine is over here so may go over to the Honda dealer and look at the 310. Got a raised eyebrow from partner. :rolleyes:

Took the 310 for the afternoon. 120 km loop up the Thomas Cook highway, nice mix of twists and various speeds. So light and small ....feels like the road is bigger.
No issue with speed and acceleration for Aus riding - felt like the KLR but with real brakes and a sixth gear.
Shifting smooth cept finding neutral.
Bit buzzy at highway speed but Grip Buddies will solve that. 6k rpm at 100 kph acceptable. CB500x was 5200.
Air flow nice an smooth tho over 100 some push on my shoulders.
1617331099247.jpeg
other owners have complained about the tight seating ..it's in a pocket so can't really move around much and bike almost too low. Not too inclined to put $500 into a different seat but some have shaved the pocket successfully. Not a deal killer and the ride did not bother my sciatica.
Other than that ergos were okay but then no storage ....would look ugly with a top case ...biggish tank bag for camera etc would solve that. The low 350 lb weight was a real treat after the 600 lb Burgman and lower seat nice after the KLR. If the dealer gives me a decent deal on the trade and will finance the 310 ( they will ) might consider it still. Partner is onside with a smaller lighter bike for me. Should know end of next week.
Would like to complete the CBF1000 sale before I do anything but hey......one day at a time.

On reflection I think the seating is a no go and this is interesting me.

Only 10,000 km - which could be good or bad depending on maintenance. I think it's a Ninja variant.
430 lb wet ...identical to the CB500x but substantially more power. That's an advantage here as it's open class so far fewer candidate riders.
However too expensive given the age. $4,000 I might be interested. :unsure:
1618033858935.png

Back
Top Bottom