Gear: where do you buy? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gear: where do you buy?

OverrRyde

So i'm window shopping online at the two main Canadian stores: GP and F9... and i am noticing that they pretty much have the same prices, give or take a few cents... I am also looking at local stores and again, prices are pretty much on par to one another. So where do you guys shop for gear? I feel like there is no competition in terms of pricing, everyone is pretty much the same, including GP and F9. Same prices, same return policy, same shipping policy.

I am new to the scene so i may be missing many other online retailers to shop at, or is this the nature of things?

Cheers!

Royal Distributing (4 locations so check out their website) is having their no tax sale from April 24-28...usually last year's gear and perhaps not the greatest size selection, but you can get decent stuff at great prices...GP will price match F9 if they're cheaper...depends where you live...there's also ReGear in Oshawa and 2nd Gear in Ayr...used stuff on consignment from what I understand...personally, I wouldn't go used on a helmet, but everything else is good to go...also, some of the bigger dealerships (Two Wheel in Guelph, Apex in Cambridge, Zdeno in Kitchener (though not a dealer)) will have gear as part of their showroom floor as well...if you're near London, Hully Gully is a mind boggling place to go (MASSIVE with everything a guy or gal ever dreamed of)...

Yeah, Royal is my go to.
Try riders choice.
Bartz on Wolfdale in Mississauga.

Last edited:
Largely F9, but i go to GP if i need to size something and if they are competitive i'll buy local, also bought a jacket at Riders Choice once. No complaints about any of them yet.

GP, i find easier to deal with. I've had them order sizes they didn't have in stock. Sometimes just asking for a discount on current model gear and they are happy to oblige.

I like fc-moto.de -- sure, it's in Europe, but change the currency and location to Canada, the VAT comes off and gives you a price in $Cdn. Shipping starts at around $30, but I've had great deals even after that.

Gp or fortnine both are Great and GP price matches . Super fast shipping with both . but if your local best to see if you can try on stuff prior as all name brand fit differently if not then try on a buddies just for ideas of fitments . Sucks bad for me on the east coast here due to local shops not carrying gear like Astars , danese,icon etc . So its a gamble to get the perfect fit on jackets, pants and such I got new Astars gear not long ago from f9 and took 2 returns before i got one jacket that fit half decent even after using the size chart But only cost me 7 bucks each return for their shipping label which is great . my local shops can order them but if it dont fit than its a too bad and ur paying a huge restocking fee like 25 percent min which is ridicules as to why i stick with GP and fortnine online and refuse to buy anything ever local from my shops anymore Lol it was more than once i bought local from dealer here and ended up putting item on kijiji the same day just so i can get at least 350 for a new 400 doller item and not 300 like local dealer would only give back .

Last edited:
there is baysideperformance based in B.C. there is thread somewhere of all the bike shops and online shops in Canada.
There are tons of great deals on kijiji locally and just outside the GTA plus its a good excuse to go for a rip since the weather is getting nicer.
As you know, gear has to fit properly to get the best of the protection they offer and must be comfortable or you just not going to like wearing them no matter how cool they look

Exclusively online. No store carries the brands I like. And if they do stock it, they won't have my size and it's easily 30% more than what I can buy it for online.
Okay, I'll bite. What brands do you like? Rukka? Stadler?

via Tapatalk

F9, GP or Riders Choice - no complaints with any of these guys (when I make the trek to GP, I stop in at Royal - bought a backpack there once, no issues there either).

Rev'IT, Dainese, BMW, Schuberth, Held

REV'IT! is available at Rider's Choice, Town Moto, Dual Sport Plus, and GP Bikes.
Dainese at Rider's Choice and GP.
Schuberth at Rider's Choice.
Held at GP.

REV'IT! is available at Rider's Choice, Town Moto, Dual Sport Plus, and GP Bikes.
Dainese at Rider's Choice and GP.
Schuberth at Rider's Choice.
Held at GP.

This is my Rev'IT race suit and race gloves. Underneath, I'm wearing a Rev'IT one-piece base layer. Also pictured is my Dainese helmet. Neither of which you can ever find in a bricks and mortar store anywhere in Canada.

414831_10150787215591278_456703422_o-XL.jpg

I got a Schuberth C3 Pro from Europe, it cost me $500 CDN all in. They are asking $800+ CDN in the stores for the new Schuberth helmets in Canada. Not including tax.

Even online in Canada, this is how much they are asking for (exact model I got):

I got mine on special, but here it is regularly priced online for almost half-price from Europe:

I picked up my brand new BMW AirFlow pants on eBay for almost 50% off what the stores in Canada are asking. Even with the shipping+duty from the US, I'm still ahead by 30%.

This is a cool Held race suit, I was looking at the other day:

9294-16304-large.jpg

Which they probably don't sell at GP Bikes.

Last edited:
This is my Rev'IT race suit and race gloves. Underneath, I'm wearing a Rev'IT one-piece base layer. Also pictured is my Dainese helmet. Neither of which you can ever find in a bricks and mortar store anywhere in Canada.

414831_10150787215591278_456703422_o-XL.jpg

I got a Schuberth C3 Pro from Europe, it cost me $500 CDN all in. They are asking $800+ CDN in the stores for the new Schuberth helmets in Canada. Not including tax.

Even online in Canada, this is how much they are asking for (exact model I got):

[/URL]

I got mine on special, but here it is regularly priced online for almost half-price from Europe:

:ps8AAOSwEzxYWq33[/URL]

I picked up my brand new BMW AirFlow pants on eBay for almost 50% off what the stores in Canada are asking. Even with the shipping+duty from the US, I'm still ahead by 30%.

This is a cool Held race suit, I was looking at the other day:

9294-16304-large.jpg

Which they probably don't sell at GP Bikes.

A Held race suit? That's some pretty specific stuff. No, I wouldn't expect to find that in a retail store. Fair enough.

I think that GP Bikes is fantastic, I'm from the old school, I want to go to a store, look at stuff touch it feel it, smell it, try it on...
I'm in Oshawa and GP Bikes is 15 minutes from my house. I can go there and it's almost like going to the bike show. I can see tons of gear, new and used bikes which change all the time. (they had a CBR929 there a few days ago, how cool is that) They carry Dainese, Alpinestars, Klim, Olympia, Arai, Shoei to mention a few. I have been shopping there since they were a small shop in Ajax. The place is huge, staff of 40 or 50, so no maybe they can't compete with a guy selling out of his basement on Ebay, or some online building in an industrial area.
I know what wholesale prices are and I think GP is very fair with their prices. Their hydro bill is probably higher that some peoples rent.
The cost of running a store like that is insane.
I am old, I would hate to see a world where all we do is order everything from Amazon or some place else.

Back
Top Bottom