Gear recommendations | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gear recommendations

Iceman

I bought the dakar 3 earlier this year. Now my favorite jacket, very good fit for me. I use it in warmer weather only as I find the liner just ok unless I put the rain jacket on overtop to block the wind, it flows a ton of air through all the mesh. I paid $499 plus tax at Gp Bikes, don't regret it and I'd buy it again.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Jayell

Site Supporter
This year I bought Forma Terra, much better protection, waterproof, and comfortable. They aren't as protective as full mx boots, but I can walk in them comfortably. They are likely closer to what you're looking for.

I was really keen on these, that is until I actually saw them. Very disappointed. The plastic used for the hinge is very thin and provides virtually no lateral support. The boot folds over at the ankle just as any boot without a hinge would.

Sometimes I shake my head and wonder if manufacturers ever bother to inspect and test their own products.

Sorry Iceman. They're great looking boots. I hope you're happy with 'em.

Iceman

I was really keen on these, that is until I actually saw them. Very disappointed. The plastic used for the hinge is very thin and provides virtually no lateral support. The boot folds over at the ankle just as any boot without a hinge would.

Sometimes I shake my head and wonder if manufacturers ever bother to inspect and test their own products.

Sorry Iceman. They're great looking boots. I hope you're happy with 'em.
No worries, I knew what they are when I bought them. For my purposes, they fit my needs. For serious offroading I have a stars tech 7 mx boots, and fox enduro boots.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

ScorpionT16

I wouldn't bother with waterproof boots anymore, if water gets in from the top, or they get old, it takes forever for them to dry on the inside and it starts to really stink. Not to mention the hot humid days and lack of ventilation. I would get a pair of these, as mentioned on ADVrider

MacDoc

Site Supporter

Top Bottom