Garden Hoses, Sprayers and Quick Disconnect Couplings | GTAMotorcycle.com

Garden Hoses, Sprayers and Quick Disconnect Couplings

ReSTored

Can't tell you how much I've spent over the years on this equipment only to find that sprayers leak and only last a few years, as do the couplings or they don't connect or stay together properly.

I think I've found a hose solution with Costco as their hoses seem to last.

Looking for advice on sprayer and connectors in terms of brand name / model and whether brass is better than plastic long term. Samples of what I'm looking for below, from the CT web page.

Sub'd for the advice.

Dollarama
Yardworks
Gardena

All have leaked / worn out/ broken within a year for me.

The ones from HD are on their second year, but no longer quick release.
They are seized.

Real pita when needing to switch from gun to sprinkler
(Yes, I should install auto sprinklers, but still have to build a gazebo when my kid outgrows his ninja warrior course)

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I bought metal couplers for double the money as the plastic always failed. Of course they come as a set including one almost useless coupler (male end to attach to hose, female qr). Of course the male qrs have gone away and the metal and plastic wrap do not play well together.

The two hoses I have that have worked well for me (both left out year around with water off in winter), one is a yellow Stanley Fatmax the other I do not know the brand but it is one of those black rubber like deals. Both hoses are easily 5 years plus, maybe even 10+... not sure.

For quick connects I use whatever Gardena or compatible ones I find on sale. I have some CT brass ones, some blue ones, some actual Gardena ones... etc., all work well together for me. I just replace them every few years. On the male end many times it just needs a new o-ring. Female ends eventually just wear out after a few years.

No preference for sprayers etc. other than no dollar store level stuff, I just replace them when they start to suck... whatever is on sale.

I got a Gardena self winding hose reel last year for the back yard and just got another this year for the front yard. I’ve come to realize the biggest factor that meant my watering gear was being replaced all the time is the fact I didn’t have the hose rolled up neatly preventing kinks and preventing stress on the couplings and spray heads.

I like the Gardena stuff. Pricey but built well with a decent warranty.

Love my Gardena quick connects. About 3-4 years in and zero issues.
I have a few Gardenas that I bought when I lived in California around 2001 -- the female hose ends are still working, as is a Gardena oscillating sprinkler of the same vintage.

As for shutoff, I buy the dual bib connectors from Dollarama. Replace them for $2 every spring and you're happy for the season.

Gardena fittings and tools have been good to me. Over 30 years sometimes the “O” ring in the couplers split and I replace it. I bring them in over the winter.

Metal prices are insane especially if it isn't steel. Brass was $11.00 a pound the last time I bought a piece. Plastic can be cheap but if it's a proprietary design they go 10 X on pricing.

Back
Top Bottom