Folks you have met. | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Folks you have met.

You know that Colonel Saunders lived in Mississauga for years and also funded a building at the Mississauga campus of Trillium Health Partners, and yes, people jokingly referred to it as the chicken wing.

Colonel Sanders

In 1965, Sanders moved to Mississauga, Ontario to oversee his Canadian franchises and continued to collect franchise and appearance fees both in Canada and in the US. Sanders bought and lived in a bungalow at 1337 Melton Drive in the Lakeview area of Mississauga from 1965 until his death in 1980.

Before his death Sanders used his stock holdings to create the Colonel Harland Sanders Charitable Organization, a registered Canadian charity.[81] The wing of Mississauga Hospital for women's and children's care is named The Colonel Harland Sanders Family Care Centre in honor of his substantial donation.[82] Sanders' foundation has also made sizeable donations to other Canadian children's hospitals including the McMaster Children's Hospital, IWK Health Centre, and Stollery Children's Hospital.[83]

===============================

My very brief brush with hockey greatness came in January 1979 in Whinnies on Crescent Street in Montreal. GF, now spouse, and I sitting at a table and Serge Savard and Gilles Lupien were standing next to us talking to a group of people. Savard turned to me and asked if he could put his drink on our table. I just smiled and said yes, no problem. These guys were huge...... Lupien was about 6'6" and Savard not much smaller and they had a large group of admiring fans around them.
Dated a lady from the area . She told me Sanders visited the local schools to talk to the kids all the time . I now live down the street form his house.

.............. ..he started Scotts Chicken bringing Kentucky Fried to Ontario..........................

OMG........... was this the infamous Scotts, Villa de Poulet restaurants that plagued the 401 rest stops for decades until their contact ran out 15+ years ago?

I can remember travelling the 410 from Montreal to Toronto and back and having to stop at these absolutely terrible restaurant/buffet type places where the food was too horrible to serve to death row inmates....... Bland, tasteless food that was cold and congealed, washed down with burnt coffee in ancient restaurants with mid sixties and seventies decor and absolutely no competition, so no choice.

Apparently the last in existence Scott's Chicken Villa "dine in" Buffet is located in Weyburn Sask.

The Nolan sisters! (Only old brits will know who these are).

I met one of the real Von Trapp family in Jay, Vermont. She's an artist there.

Had dinner with an ex hippy Nobel Prize winner Harry Kroto who was totally down to earth and hilarious.

Hanan Ashrawi, PLO spokesperson. Super smart lady.

And not famous but most memorable perhaps was an armed russian mob caviar dealer in a bar in Paris. Bought my drinks and had some good stories.

Partied with Stompin Tom Connors and crew on his bus at an outdoor festival. One of the other performers there was a good friend of someone I was with so she brought us to meet him after that days shows.

Also stomped along with Tom that time he came to petanowhere!

Also 2/5ths of every other has been band that played at SASSY'S.... we the wait staff held thee best after parties. Trooper was fun but not original.

Back
Top Bottom