Folks you have met. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Folks you have met.

Wingboy

Site Supporter
Weirdos, famous, scary, sexy or ugly?

I thought we were talking about GTAM? No?

Ok, I met razor ruddock, back in the day I was a boxer, and I'd heard about him, saw his fights on TV(youtube), but TV doesnt do it justice, I was legit scared, this dude was way bigger in person, he was trying to make a comeback and training out of the same gym I used to fight at, guy was 50 years old and fuckin ripped

Scary guy

Props to mike tyson, for a short ass dude he fought some big ass guys

Toronto had a lot of great boxers in those days(mostly big jamaicans) Razor ruddock, Trevor berbick, Lennox lewis etc

Bill Werner, Gary Nixon and Jay Springsteen - motorcycle racing royalty.

I thought we were talking about GTAM? No?

Ok, I met razor ruddock, back in the day I was a boxer, and I'd heard about him, saw his fights on TV(youtube), but TV doesnt do it justice, I was legit scared, this dude was way bigger in person, he was trying to make a comeback and training out of the same gym I used to fight at, guy was 50 years old and fuckin ripped

Scary guy

Props to mike tyson, for a short ass dude he fought some big ass guys

Toronto had a lot of great boxers in those days(mostly big jamaicans) Razor ruddock, Trevor berbick, Lennox lewis etc
My 2nd Pressman for many years claimed to be the "only man to ever sleep" with Lennox Lewis. They were on a basketball team out of town (Kitchener) and had to bunk together.

My 2nd Pressman for many years claimed to be the "only man to ever sleep" with Lennox Lewis. They were on a basketball team out of town (Kitchener) and had to bunk together.

Great guy, smart talented fighter, all class

Bonus points for winning us gold medals

George Barber (at his museum).

Nicky and Tommy Hayden back when they were racing 125GP bikes. I was on the same track with them, but not in the same league ...

Marco Melandri, at a Ducati Riding Experience event at Mugello.

met the lagina brothers from curse of oak island a couple yrs ago in the sobeys parking lot on the southshore NS.

Johnny Herbert and Jacque Villeneuve, 96 or 97 Grand Prix in Montreal.

Herbert can party! JV kinda boring imo. Met him before at some snowmobile races in the early 90s, personality did not improve!

I was rude to Bobby Orr once. He was a spokemans for the company I worked for in the 80's and they brought him into the plant one day. Everyone was fawning all over him. When he got to my desk I was on the phone. I didn't hang up just casually mentioned to the guy on the phone I was shaking Bob's hand.

UGh don't tell me you work in the printing business. I've finally put that industry behind me. Worked in it for several years glad to be out.

I can't recall meeting anyone of any great fame but a couple of local people.

Donovan Boucher (former Canadian Welterweight champ) was a family friend during the highlight of his career. Nothing but a gentleman.

Ran into Moses Znaimer a hundred years ago, he was very kind and happy to talk.

Met Steve Thornton (Cycle Canada Editor) at the Toronto Motorcycle Show. He was an extremely unnecessarily unpleasant *******.

Ran into David Booth (motorcyle and auto reviewer and Cycle Canada contributor) while out on a ride. He was very pleasant.

Frank Mrazek... We were neighbors when I was a kid. He actually gave me my VERY first bike. 'Some old 70's Yamaha I never got started. I think my mom didn't want it to start Lol. We had fun though pushing each other up and down the driveway/street on it.
'Still somewhat in touch with his kids Sabina and Janette via FB... My mom used to babysit 'em.

Mike Vernon... NHL goalie. 'Met him the year Detroit won the Stanley Cup. He's a buddy of my brother in law and my sister. 'Met him at the wedding... 'Had the rehearsal dinner/party at his place in Invermere BC.

Uma Thurman... 'Didn't realize it was her immediately. 'Stopped in at a house that belongs to a friend of my sister's... She was just coming out of the lake having been paddle boarding. 'Was introduced by my sis', but she didn't refer to here as "Uma".
Had a chat... Parted ways. 'Wasn't until later that day I realized I'd met "the" Uma Thurman... Lol.
'Got filled in on the Alias (funny story)... Apparently my sister is friends with my Hollywood crush and didn't bother to tell me..

Have met/dealt with many undeservedly famous criminals, but their names don't warrant mention.

Last edited:
Sorta met. At the President's Cup golf tournament in Montreal. Wife and i are waiting to cross a fairway, and a golf cart pulled up behind us. Squeaky voice from the cart..."uh, can i get thru here please folks?" I said kinda loudly to my wife, "hey, it's Dana Carvey!" Turned around and there is Bush Sr smiling at me.

Don't know how I forgot to mention meeting Doug Gilmour. I was at my friends kids hockey game. I think it was at Leaside Arena. I noticed a smoking hot blonde at the snack bar window and decided it was time to get a coffee. On my way there and the closer I got the better looking she became. Until I noticed Doug Gilmour at my 3 o'clock and immediately changed trajectory to meet his. Great guy! Turns out the hot blonde was his wife (at the time).

Sorta met. At the President's Cup golf tournament in Montreal. Wife and i are waiting to cross a fairway, and a golf cart pulled up behind us. Squeaky voice from the cart..."uh, can i get thru here please folks?" I said kinda loudly to my wife, "hey, it's Dana Carvey!" Turned around and there is Bush Sr smiling at me.

Not gonna do it.

Wouldn't be prudent.

Ok so I have bumped into a few people over the years, no one super famous but some known.

John Glenn (astronaut)
Henry Winkler (The Fonz)
Lou Ferrigno (actor the hulk)
John Tory - (that knob from Toronto)
Natalie Brown (from the Strain)
Peter DaCunha (child Actor)
Louis Gossett Jr (actor)
And
Alfre Woodard (actor)

Actually though the most interesting people I have met have been through motorcycling. I bump into random strangers all the time, usually when I pitstop someplace, people always come up for a look at the bike and we have a good chat. Most want to know if it is a ex cop bike (it is) and so I also meet a lot of ex Toronto Police, those guys can chew your ear off.

Back
Top Bottom