Folks you have met. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Folks you have met.

how could i forget;

Aaron Douglas (Chief Tyrol from Battlestar Galactica)
Brian Burke

and a lot of people at the restaurant no one here would appreciate (the mob, etc) ?

I used to have to fly to LA a lot with work and back in the days when you could actually get an upgrade I ended up sitting beside…

William Shatner
Atom Egyon
Donald Sutherland
Bruce Greenwood
Christopher Plumber
Danny Huston
Stephen Fry (An Amazing Guy)

But the best of all was Eugene Levy. He was exactly like you think he would be. The entertainment system on the plane was broken and we just sat and talked for the duration of the flight. Had lots of really nice stories about SCTE, John Candy, Christopher Guest, Growing up in Hamiliton, etc. Just a super nice guy

I also sat beside Alice Cooper and Dave Grohl in the lounge in LA. Alice is tiny, and was on his way to Canada to play golf and that’s all he talked about. Dave is the coolest guy in the world and the least like a dick of any person I have ever met.

Edit: Oh yes, early on in my working life I worked for John Tory when he was at Rogers :rolleyes:

Spent about an hour talking to Kim Mitchell at a Porsche event 3 years ago. Super nice and interesting guy.

Stephen Fry lucky you. One of the worlds most intelligent and comedic minds all rolled into one package. Did you have much of a conversation with him?

Tom Cochrane
April Wine
The Spoons (from Burlington)
Platinum Blonde
Ian Thomas
David Davies (The Kinks - friend of my brother who used to be a drummer in his late teens-late 20s)

Seen Kim Mitchell on the 400 one day in traffic driving a GT40, Had drummer on his plate
If we want to include who we've seen out and about then:

Kim Mitchell walking down the beach a Wassaga with his wife and kids
Kim Mitchell at the home show many years ago.
Loretta Swit (Mash) in a store in Yorkville
Mickey Rooney at the Uptown Theatre on Young st. (Not there anymore).
Tommy Hunter on the 401

Met Rik Emmet a few times.

I used to be into heavy metal back in the day, and I was briefly taught by one of the guitarists from megadeth(cant remember his name)

Iggy Pop on an elevator at the king edward. Intense dude, hot daughter/girlfriend/that night's selection.

Smoked a doob with David Wilcox during a concert break in the 80's after my sister got me on the guest list. "sitting on a riverboat having a party....."

If we want to include who we've seen out and about then:

Kim Mitchell walking down the beach a Wassaga with his wife and kids
Kim Mitchell at the home show many years ago.
Loretta Swit (Mash) in a store in Yorkville
Mickey Rooney at the Uptown Theatre on Young st. (Not there anymore).
Tommy Hunter on the 401

Met Rik Emmet a few times.
Tommy Hunter! Holy crap, there's a name from the past. My cousin sang back up for him. Toured with Roger Whittaker for over 20 years.

Great guy, smart talented fighter, all class

Bonus points for winning us gold medals
He used to rent an apartment from my buddy's family.
He has a framed signed rent cheque hanging in his man cave.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

UGh don't tell me you work in the printing business. I've finally put that industry behind me. Worked in it for several years glad to be out.
I was in it for just under 30 years. Last place I worked at closed their offices in Mississauga and consolidated to Arizona.
If you're under 35, you can get a job in the field. I'm 50. Every place I interviewed at had me as the grey beard old timer. Makes it hard, when the rest of the team is 25-33 on average.

Tommy Hunter! Holy crap, there's a name from the past. My cousin sang back up for him. Toured with Roger Whittaker for over 20 years.

Haha. Before my time but my grandmother used to watch his tv show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in it for just under 30 years. Last place I worked at closed their offices in Mississauga and consolidated to Arizona.
If you're under 35, you can get a job in the field. I'm 50. Every place I interviewed at had me as the grey beard old timer. Makes it hard, when the rest of the team is 25-33 on average.

Im sure it has nothing to do with the fact that you have tons of experience vs the fresh green clueless guy who will take peanuts for pay

Most of my "famous" meetings have been hockey or music related.
Lets see - When refereeing minor hockey, I have had former NHL'ers (as coaches) Scotty Bowman, Todd Bertuzzi, Michael Peca, Ty Domi and Scott Walker behind the bench.

Musically, shared a couple beers with Jeff Burrows (Tea Party drummer) and with all of Econoline Crush. Had an interesting discussion with Jeff Martin (Tea Party) about where he "was at" mentally when writing the "Temptation" album (totally different time than beers with Jeff Burrows).

Im sure it has nothing to do with the fact that you have tons of experience vs the fresh green clueless guy who will take peanuts for pay
I was ready to take entry level positions and made it blatantly clear.
Thing is, they're all concerned I'd jump ship at first opportunity. Was a definite value add in the field, but, too old. It's a thing in the creative industry.

Stephen Fry lucky you. One of the worlds most intelligent and comedic minds all rolled into one package. Did you have much of a conversation with him?
Yes. You could tell he was just very intelligent when he was speaking but he was also very engaging as well.

We chatted a little bit about social media and how its a platform where anonymity provides a license for people to be upsetting to the point of crushing other folks and how every topic just turns ugly. I believe he removed himself from all the platforms a few years ago. I also got the impression that's he is a little bit of a geek as we chatted about technology.

He has a great podcast series called Great Leap Years. I have to re-listen to those.

Very interesting person

Back
Top Bottom