Fitness bands/smartwatches | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fitness bands/smartwatches

EaZ8

my fiancee's clip on fitbit broke, or the battery died and she threw it out..whatever... so she wants a fitness band and im looking for some recommendations.
im trying to keep it sub $150 and i have a few features ide like to see on it.
sleep monitor, alarms, when linked with phones i want to see notifications and txt msges on the screen, obviously the step counter.
another thing ide like(but really...not required) is the hydration monitor, so i originally thought that it actually read your hydration from your skin but it looks like it gives you a notification on some and you say yes i drank a glass or water or no i didnt...kinda useless.

anyone on here have the samsung gear fit 2?

for sake of phone compatibility .... right now she has a samsung s6, but ill be getting her something new by mid summer...i have a asus zenfone 3 and im leaning towards that for her, but she really needs something that you can get a solid case for...so maybe its out.

i really dont know anything about these fitness bands, so any direction would be appreciated.
i was even looking at the Nabu smartband at bestbuy..its only $60 and seems to fit the requirements.

don't waste your money she's just gonna get fat a month after you get married

leave her

now

Last edited:
Whatever did ppl do before all of these gadgets?

It's a simple recipe, burn what you eat or don't eat so much.

uhm, did you checkout the mother first?:lmao:

don't waste your money she's just gonna get fat a month after you get married

leave her

now
speaking srom experience i see...
The Fitbit are good looking compared with my Garmin Vivoactive HR, however I do like it's functionality, GPS, heart rate monitor, tracking of many workouts, running, biking etc. plus most of the smart watch stuff like notifications from your phone. It is quite large for a female wrist. Paid $199 plus tax at Christmas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RJIpXvHs_Q

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/05/garmin-vivoactivehr-review.html

i think i saw the garmin at costco for 150 ish.
Shes a small girl so will need something smaller i think.
Shes all of 110 lbs in motorcycle gear. Lol

Whatever did ppl do before all of these gadgets?

It's a simple recipe, burn what you eat or don't eat so much.

uhm, did you checkout the mother first?:lmao:
i like gadgets.
She wants it for thd step counter, uses her phone right now but its big to carry.
I would have liked to see one i could pop her sim card in, store mp3s and link to bluetooth headphones
Basically a fitness band with basic phone function for emergencies

She wants it for thd step counter, uses her phone right now but its big to carry.
I would have liked to see one i could pop her sim card in, store mp3s and link to bluetooth headphones
Basically a fitness band with basic phone function for emergencies

If that's all she needs then get an ipod nano. Has a pedometer built in. Obviously tiny and good to go for the music.

Fitbit, etc is mostly just reminders and timers. It's a gadget but not really sounding like what she needs.

Just bought her a new mp3 player last week because her nano broke too...it was really old.
I didnt get her another nona because i just reallt hate apple products

If you didn't need the screen messages and notifications I'd recommend the Jawbone UP24. Had 2 of them and no issues except one died because I worked in a tunnel and the dirt/dust just killed it over the course of a year. My second one was still kicking but I just stopped wearing it as I got a Pebble watch which basically did the same thing with the step counter, and gave me messages. And I can get a Super Mario watch face on it...still can't find that damn NES Classic...thread jack in progress!

I also got a Vivoactive HR last year for 200 (MSRP 330, it goes on sale quite often for 250). It has one of the larger screens on a fitness band but I turned off phone notifications as the screen is still pretty small to display useful information. It is nice that it can track most activities (swimming, hiking, skiing, SUP, rowing etc) with one waterproof device and most of the time I get an entire week out of it between charges. It does not do hydration tracking of any sort and heartrate does not work in the water.

For bands with better screens (eg. Samsung) the battery life is days at best. That would quickly end up being abandoned (how are you supposed to do sleep tracking if you need to charge it every few days?).

Garmin continues their crapass tradition of a ton of different models with similar names that are entirely different in terms of features and pricepoints (vivosmart, vivosmart hr, vivosmart hr+, vivoactive, vivoactive hr). Make sure you buy a model that does what you need.

Check out dcrainmaker reviews for any model you are considering. He is very thorough.

my fiancee's clip on fitbit broke, or the battery died and she threw it out..whatever... so she wants a fitness band and im looking for some recommendations.
im trying to keep it sub $150 and i have a few features ide like to see on it.
sleep monitor, alarms, when linked with phones i want to see notifications and txt msges on the screen, obviously the step counter.
another thing ide like(but really...not required) is the hydration monitor, so i originally thought that it actually read your hydration from your skin but it looks like it gives you a notification on some and you say yes i drank a glass or water or no i didnt...kinda useless.

anyone on here have the samsung gear fit 2?

for sake of phone compatibility .... right now she has a samsung s6, but ill be getting her something new by mid summer...i have a asus zenfone 3 and im leaning towards that for her, but she really needs something that you can get a solid case for...so maybe its out.

i really dont know anything about these fitness bands, so any direction would be appreciated.
i was even looking at the Nabu smartband at bestbuy..its only $60 and seems to fit the requirements.

I have a pink Samsung Gear Fit 2 I need to get rid of. Bought it for a family member for Xmas but they didn't want it. I literally opened the box once. I paid $150+ tax and would take $100 for it. I hear they are pretty decent and they work with any Android phone. I'd use it if it wasn't pink. Can PM me if you're interested.

Latest Samsung Gear S3 has more chit for fitness then you will ever need. Sleep tracking, heart rate, steps, floors, activity type sensor....

I had a Gear2 before and I never realized how useful these smart watches can be. With the gear 3 you can answer the phone via the watch speaker/mic and not bother with bringing out the cell phone 90% of the time.

Why buy a fitness tracker only when the Samsung Shealth app has more features and is built in.
IMHO $150 wasted dollars. Fitbit is laying off people because of smart watches.

BB

@busabim the new fitbit blaze (blaze 2?) seems like Fitbit is entering the smartwatch market imo. But without the high power screen. Like someone mentioned before, don't want to have to be charging it when it should be tracking ny sleep. (Which is one of my main reasons for wanting one.) I've been looking at a few for the last little while. For me, some have too few features, and some have too many.
@Psycho_Biker how pink is pink?

Sent from the Purple Zone

I get 4 days without a lot of screen usage on my S3, Three days with average usage.

Doesnt look like a crappy toy either.

samsung-gear-s3-frontier-lte1.jpg

BB

Well i picked up a razer nabu smartband on sale for $40, it worked great till the next morning when it juat wouldnt connect to my phone...so it went back...cant believe it was over $150 at one point.
So the wife ended up buying me the Asus Zenwatch2(i have the zenfone3) with the gunmetal band. I was looking at thr zenwatch 3 but they are identical specs, both get the android wear 2.0 update but i like the square face with matching metal band look a bit better.
I know this what suppose to be me looking for one for her but my bday was yesterday and in all the looking for her she heard me mention it so ya.

Anyway, since she wants more of a fitness tracking smartband im going to get her the samsung gear fit 2 (i dont think the 3 is out yet???), only negative thing i can find is the band sucks so ill get her a new band at the same time and maybe some bluetooth headphones too.

Im going to start looking for a more sporty smart watch for me, my daily watch has been a g-shock for the last 6 years, i just really like the durability. I see casio is working on one so that may be my next watch purchase. Going to read into it a bit more first.

Happy Birthday.

I bought the Microsoft Band. Returned.
Fitbit Blaze. Returned.
Did not really need too as I was expecting true accuracy.
Both purchased from Best Buy. Great. Easy to return. Never a problem.
Ended up with the Polar A360. Canada Computers. Great price.

My thoughts for the above watches.

None of them are completely accurate. False readings on steps. I do not sleep walk. Steps taken 100-200.
Different Heart rates. When working out, takes time to settle to a more accurate reading. Also using the chest band
Polar A360 HR. Con is the watch does not stay in place on the wrist band, like an elastic band, when ski ing have a strap wrap around the watch.
I have compared with the Treadmill, Pulse Oximeter, A360, Sigma and sigma watch.

The Pulse Oximeter is the most accurate. I use that as a guideline.

However, they are a great for getting you going(Besides a good Woman/Man) Self discipline and a good food regime. Work hard, play hard.

This bloke has some great reviews.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/12/polar-a360-depth-review.html

thanks guys,
i ended up grabbing the Samsung gear fit 2 for her. biggest complaint i have read about online is the latch on the band comes undone very easily so i also ordered a new band for her in teal and screen protectors for hers and mine.

also grabbed a very basic razer nabu x for the oldest daughter to play with, they are on clearance for $10 at bestbuy so if (when) it gets lost or breaks,.... whatever.....
no screen on it, just 3 flasing lights you can actually program to be different color sequences for different notifications,but for our use it just logs data then sync to a smartphone or tablet and view the info. she will want to be like mom so its a cheap toy that actually has good reviews for what it is.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom