Fatal Dog Attack.. | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fatal Dog Attack..

hmmmmm. So I have a Border Blood Grey Hound.

we had a shepard/border collie cross, nice dog and absolutly could be trusted, but when the kids were little sometimes she would bulldozer them into a corner. She couldn't help herself. Throw 6 tennis balls at the same time and she woulkd loose her mind she needed them all in one pile. Its what she NEEDED to do.
Harmless fun, but part of that is why I dont need a Cane Corso or other dog that may be prepositioned to certain behavior,

What type of breed would be safe around children? My cousins have a Boxer and it's a wonderful god. I wish they hadn't spayed her as I'd be first in line for a puppy. Same goes for our other buddy that has a German Shepard and that thing is ridiculously protective of all the kids. Good luck getting near them if the pup doesn't know you.

What type of breed would be safe around children? My cousins have a Boxer and it's a wonderful god. I wish they hadn't spayed her as I'd be first in line for a puppy. Same goes for our other buddy that has a German Shepard and that thing is ridiculously protective of all the kids. Good luck getting near them if the pup doesn't know you.
How big do you want? Lab's/retrievers very rarely bite and if they do it is a pretty soft bite. Personally I would get something smaller (something that can fit in the back seat of a vehicle with the kids so your vehicle choices are not limited by the stupid dog). We have a lab now and he is a good dog. My wife and I have never had a shedding dog before and likely never will again. Holy crap. A day after you vacuum is is substantially dirtier than it was after a week before the dog. We picked up roombas to try and stay on top of the hair and they are running ~one hour a day. If you check them half way through, the bin is already almost full. To keep the house clean, you probably need to vacuum twice a day. It's nuts.

How big do you want? Lab's/retrievers very rarely bite and if they do it is a pretty soft bite. Personally I would get something smaller (something that can fit in the back seat of a vehicle with the kids so your vehicle choices are not limited by the stupid dog). We have a lab now and he is a good dog. My wife and I have never had a shedding dog before and likely never will again. Holy crap. A day after you vacuum is is substantially dirtier than it was after a week before the dog. We picked up roombas to try and stay on top of the hair and they are running ~one hour a day. If you check them half way through, the bin is already almost full. To keep the house clean, you probably need to vacuum twice a day. It's nuts.
Mid size or so. Maybe 40-50lbs max. The boxer is a short Hair and you cant see it or even smell that there is a dog in the house.

Funny thing is a lab is the only do I have ever been bit by took a good chunk out of my thigh. These particular ones were mean and always scared me as a kid then one day I came around the corner and they had got out. Attacked as soon as it saw me ended up in the hospital with stiches. Isolated incident thought.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

A bit of online research will narrow your selection. Check the paw size on pups. They're all cute when little but will grow to fit the paws. Do you want to pick up large or small turds?

Check for medical traits because Rover won't be covered by OHIP. Some dogs have hip problems, others eye issues. Veterinarians aren't cheap.

Some dogs smell and others slobber. Some shed and others fret. Hunting dogs tend to bark as do alarm dogs. that can annoy neighbours.

Specific breeds were meant for specific tasks. Those traits can be maximized or minimized by a good breeder. They can also be totally screwed up at a puppy mill. Research the breeder as well and avoid puppy mills.

We had a mutt, German shepherd / collie mix and if I was to get another dog I would go for the same.

German Shepherds range in size from medium to very large and temperament from aggressive to timid. Any dog that can herd Germans has to be tolerant.

An economical choice is one from the pound. Typically an adult you can spend some time with it and see its personality.

When I took my the little daughter to the Humane Society to get a cat we looked at each cage. The cats, looking for affection would stick out their paws. "Cuddles" was the only one that didn't show his claws. He became a member of the family.

I like the male Boxer, all kinds of personality, one is going to be completely different then the next, clean dog,will walk around mud puddles, short hair easy maintenance healthy loyal, can't say enough good about any Boxer I've met so far.
Don't get a deaf one unless you are experienced with that.

German Shepherds are generally good with children. They see them as puppies. They are VERY protective of ones that are part of their pack.

49913448168_6a77f54aa0_b.jpg

49913467653_eda47bf18a_b.jpg

49913973301_8e5354d6bb_b.jpg

It has more to do with the owner, how it's raised and trained.. than it does the breed.

It has more to do with the owner, how it's raised and trained.. than it does the breed.

If a dog has been selectively bred for violence....Strike one

If that animal was sold to a puppy mill and bred or inbred with who knows what....Strike two

If the result of the above, the dog goes to a home where the owners do not understand how dogs think....Strike three and it too often comes to grief. Someone gets hurt or the experience is ugly instead of good times.

Thankfully not fatal to people but three people in hospital (including two kids) after being attacked by their family dog in Aurora. Neighbours described the dog as very vicious. Another set of idiot parents that ignored the warning signs. Best wishes in their recovery.

I've had lots of dogs over the years, mutts have been my best behaved pets. I figure people who have purebred dogs will keep them through thick and thin where mongrel dog owners will ditch bad dogs. Over time this may have tempered the mongrel stock.

Thankfully not fatal to people but three people in hospital (including two kids) after being attacked by their family dog in Aurora. Neighbours described the dog as very vicious. Another set of idiot parents that ignored the warning signs. Best wishes in their recovery.

There's a picture of their dogs in this article...

That is a horrible thing to happen And should never happen.
Well I can say that my Bull Mastiff/ American Bulldog is 100% as gentle and loving as any dog could possibly be. Yes he is often off leash but he follows commands.
I can’t say he hasn’t intimidated a few people but due to his looks not actions.
If I notice someone is nervous I will send him in the house or leash him.
I do wonder if some of my neighbors would describe me as the guy with the viscous dog that’s always off leash.
If you own any dog you need to know your dog and be aware your dog and it’s tendency’s be it personal tendency’s or breed tendency.
Most so called Gladiator breeds have had that bread out of the breed but the tendency can still be there and as a responsible pet owner you need to be aware.
A Lab is less likely to be aggressive but not always the case.
If it has teeth it can bite.
I would challenge anyone to find a more loyal loving dog than mine.
Yes I realize how bias that is but anyone who has met him would agree.

That is a horrible thing to happen And should never happen.
Well I can say that my Bull Mastiff/ American Bulldog is 100% as gentle and loving as any dog could possibly be. Yes he is often off leash but he follows commands.
I can’t say he hasn’t intimidated a few people but due to his looks not actions.
If I notice someone is nervous I will send him in the house or leash him.
I do wonder if some of my neighbors would describe me as the guy with the viscous dog that’s always off leash.
If you own any dog you need to know your dog and be aware your dog and it’s tendency’s be it personal tendency’s or breed tendency.
Most so called Gladiator breeds have had that bread out of the breed but the tendency can still be there and as a responsible pet owner you need to be aware.
A Lab is less likely to be aggressive but not always the case.
If it has teeth it can bite.
I would challenge anyone to find a more loyal loving dog than mine.
Yes I realize how bias that is but anyone who has met him would agree.

A local mall brought in one of those petting zoos. A lady got bitten by a rabbit. Beware of killer bunnies.

I guess this could have been fatal if there wasn't another person around to help :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom