F1 Thread!!! | Page 72 | GTAMotorcycle.com

F1 Thread!!!

TSN2 @ 7:55 quali + race.

I'm hoping Amazon's bid for next season is successful. Unlike the Too Stupid Network, they will stream in 4K.

F1TV shows all three practices, qualy and races with no commercials. Besides being able to watch on computer, table and smartphone if also works on (later) Roku devices. I'm at work right now and have practice 1 in a window on my computer.

..Tom

TSN2 @ 7:55 quali + race.

I'm hoping Amazon's bid for next season is successful. Unlike the Too Stupid Network, they will stream in 4K.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. BELL took over the rights the Canadian GP, and they own TSN as well.

I'm happy that canadian companies are heavily investing in F1, hopefully they expand their services for a better experience.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. BELL took over the rights the Canadian GP, and they own TSN as well.

I'm happy that canadian companies are heavily investing in F1, hopefully they expand their services for a better experience.

So you enjoy watching 3/4 of the race on a split screen. Good for you.

Surprised if the hockey game isn’t on Sportsnet’s 4K channel (Rogers). vs. surprised if the hockey game is on TSN’s 4K channel (Bell). Bell does as little as they can get away with…..unless it’s commercials. They’re really good at making sure you get to see lots of those.

Last edited:
TSN has been good for Canadian F1 coverage, without them we wouldn't had anything to watch . I remember the days of Brian Williams and Jackie Stewart covering the Canadian GP on CBC ears used to bleed. Vic Rauter and Gerry Donaldson were ok, but far superior than the CBC duo.

Sky Sports F1 channel has great coverage…the best I’ve watched imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Sports F1 channel has great coverage…the best I’ve watched imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TSN uses SkySports’ broadcast. But they cover half of the race with stupid ads. So I watch the races somewhere else 🙄

You guys all speak like advertising is unique to F1. Every watch a hockey, basketball or baseball game? I find them far worse with their banner ads and stupid interruptions.

At least tsn keeps the screen on full time while running ads (I mute when they are on) and follow on my F1 live app.

Get yourself a giant screen TV to make the spit screen more palatable.

Works for me.

the drivers seem to be enjoying that wall, reminds me of montreals infamous the wall of champions

Last edited:
If you really like F1 and want to watch all three practices and all the qualy and race with no commercials get F1 TV. You can watch on smartphone, computer, tablet and Roku. (Either on Roku stick or Roku app if your tv is so equipped.)

..Tom

Pirelli blaming tire failures on track debris... I don't think anybody is falling for that this time

You guys all speak like advertising is unique to F1. Every watch a hockey, basketball or baseball game? I find them far worse with their banner ads and stupid interruptions.

At least tsn keeps the screen on full time while running ads (I mute when they are on) and follow on my F1 live app.

Get yourself a giant screen TV to make the spit screen more palatable.

Works for me.
I hate to bring it up every year, but Speedvision used to do an excellent job of carefully managing commercial breaks, then catching up on anything interesting that might have happened during the break. There are good ways of doing it, TSN is just doing it the laziest way possible. Also their strategy is very odd - F1 rights can't be cheap, yet they spend almost nothing on producing it, and judging by how you usually see the same commercial 15 times in a single broadcast, they can't be pulling in much ad revenue either. It's almost like they bought the rights just so that nobody else could have them... or it's the accidental eBay purchase scenario where they were bidding it up for laughs but overestimated how much anybody else was willing to pay

Back
Top Bottom