Evo's New Ride | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Evo's New Ride

1. Congrats!
2. Very nice
3. Was telling a guy about Marinello today. Wasn't sure if they were still there. Thanks for answering that for me.
4. Cray has always been a pleasure to talk to. Always treated me great, even when he knew that I was just looking.
5. You look nothing like what I thought you would look like.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
I actually passed there twice today. Its the same building were Kahuna Powersports was years ago. Its not only a BMW dealership but also a Ducati.

Nice, but looks like it will have quite the heat score.
So far only thumbs up from five 0. It's staying stock (can't tail tidy it anyways), it sits very tall and i look like i'm riding in dirt bike position, so i should avoid any undue attention, if i can keep the right wrist under control :p

Hey Bubba why don't you break it in on the 80 km/h country roads around Wasaga Beach. You can ride it up to that speed no?
indeed, me and wifey are going for a ride tomorrow, maybe ill look at a route up that way.

yeah this gen is a little more refined, little less 'sport' but once you hit 6k revs it just goes beast mode on the acceleration and the inline 4 whine goes next level. Can really feel that Super Bike DNA creeping out, imo.

1. Congrats!
2. Very nice
3. Was telling a guy about Marinello today. Wasn't sure if they were still there. Thanks for answering that for me.
4. Cray has always been a pleasure to talk to. Always treated me great, even when he knew that I was just looking.

do tell!

Cray is a class act, he had the wife in stitches (as im signing my soul over to BMW he whispers to her "/he's not making any payments for 3 months, so make sure that he buffers the wedding fund.") etc.

Last edited:
I actually passed there twice today. Its the same building were Kahuna Powersports was years ago. Its not only a BMW dealership but also a Ducati.
correct, they have a few $100k superleggerras upstairs to drool over.

He's not wrong. Fuel pumps on older S1000XRs have been known to overheat. We had the same problem with both our twin F650GSs in Africa. The fuel pump is cooled by being submerged in and circulating gas, and the heat shielding on these bikes are inadequate. If you consistently run the tank close to empty in hot weather, there won't be enough gas to cool the pump and it will start to malfunction and cease operating until it cools down again. Eventually it will break and leave you stranded.

Just a tip (from experience) : if you need to replace a fuel pump out of warranty, don't buy a BMW one. Aftermarket ones are a fraction of the cost and more reliable.
much appreciated!

This is why I need to find a better job ?
Congrats man, absolutely beautiful.
Enjoy and ride safe.

1. Congrats!
2. Very nice

i just remembered, we already 'met once' it was brief so you probably forgot.. You came to a burrito boyz meetup in woodbridge once.

Dang, nice new toy!

I haven't ridden one, but I have ridden with them on tour groups where other riders had them. They really liked them, and that was the previous-generation model.
Next time you`re in the area (work) drop me a line and bring your lid! Or perhaps we'll see each other at BB Mississauga in the future.

I saw one up at the Forks and it looked so small with a great seating position...then came home and looked it up ...o_O

i just remembered, we already 'met once' it was brief so you probably forgot.. You came to a burrito boyz meetup in woodbridge once.
I'm getting old and my memory is shot.
That was a while ago!
My apologies for forgetting.

The last time I was at the dealership I didn't go upstairs as I wasn't looking at gear. I will definitely make it a point the next time.

Last edited:
I'm getting old and my memory is shot.
That was a while ago!
My apologies for forgetting.

The last time I was at the dealership I didn't go upstairs as I wasn't looks looking at gear. I will definitely make it a point the next time.

only bikes up there now friend. the 'cruiser' styles are up there too, leave your wallet at home ;)

As promised the new wheels, ask me anything! 2020 BMW S1000XR She's loaded, i checked every box minus the carbon 'M' package.

Okay, I'll bite. Why didn't you get the carbon "M" package?

Please, my OCD can't take it. Get rid of the plastic wrapper on the dash!

20200704_121450-1-jpg.43924

Nice bike. Quite a step up from the Grom. Have a great time. (y)

Okay, I'll bite. Why didn't you get the carbon "M" package?

Please, my OCD can't take it. Get rid of the plastic wrapper on the dash!

20200704_121450-1-jpg.43924

Nice bike. Quite a step up from the Grom. Have a great time. (y)
Lol yeah, a LC instructor caught me at the Sherway location today and said i went from a Civic to an S class Benz. :ROFLMAO:

I skipped the package because at this point the weight savings are negligible, it's just "look at me!" for another couple grand. front/rear fenders and the side panels are dressed in carbon, pass!

I hear ya, i have a screen protector on order, when it gets here thats getting peeled. Lord knows i don't need it being scratched or damaged.

Last edited:
If you do not plan to purchase a BMW NAV, you can purchase a phone holder that attaches to the BMW NAV prep to secure and charge your phone

C$ 17.01 51% Off | For BMW R1200GS Mobile Phone Navigation Bracket ADV F700 800GS CRF1000L Africa Twin For Honda Motorcycle USB Charging 12MM Mount

Great bike. Congrats.

I'm dreaming of a new bike as well. Yam. Tracer 900 GT. She will most likely be a keeper.

BTW, I tried those screen protectors on my Guzzi TFT. Two screens for $20. Applied meticulously, not a single speck of dust or bubble. Lasted about one week each, then water got underneath. Tossed in the trash.

Don't waste your money.

Back
Top Bottom