Evo's New Ride | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Evo's New Ride

Been riding across the city in traffic for break in and jeeezus does this motor let off heat. Ay carumba, creeps just over the top of my half size boots. Gonna need some jeans that hug me better or go full size boots.

Been riding across the city in traffic for break in and jeeezus does this motor let off heat. Ay carumba, creeps just over the top of my half size boots. Gonna need some jeans that hug me better or go full size boots.
Fuel tank is going to get nice and hot too.
Keep it topped up in stop and go, it helps a little.

Great bike! Enjoy every moment.
It's always exciting to have a new machine.
I'm sure it'll give you many great memories!

Congrats, nice looking ride.

Fuel tank is going to get nice and hot too.
Keep it topped up in stop and go, it helps a little.
Its plastic and nice and cool so far, unless you refer to the internals.

Just the fuel itself, yours will have a much smaller fuel pump then the older ones, but the fuel is the cooling for an immersed fuel pump, plus some fuel continuously circulates, past injectors & through the tank so it gets re heated a lot. On a K bike you can burn your leg on the tank easy and on the Fi trials bikes, same thing, tank gets too hot to hold your hand on it when fuel level is low on a hot day and very little cooling.

Dang, nice new toy!

I haven't ridden one, but I have ridden with them on tour groups where other riders had them. They really liked them, and that was the previous-generation model.

He's not wrong. Fuel pumps on older S1000XRs have been known to overheat. We had the same problem with both our twin F650GSs in Africa. The fuel pump is cooled by being submerged in and circulating gas, and the heat shielding on these bikes are inadequate. If you consistently run the tank close to empty in hot weather, there won't be enough gas to cool the pump and it will start to malfunction and cease operating until it cools down again. Eventually it will break and leave you stranded.

Just a tip (from experience) : if you need to replace a fuel pump out of warranty, don't buy a BMW one. Aftermarket ones are a fraction of the cost and more reliable.

Last edited:
Nice, but looks like it will have quite the heat score.

Hey Bubba why don't you break it in on the 80 km/h country roads around Wasaga Beach. You can ride it up to that speed no?

1. Congrats!
2. Very nice
3. Was telling a guy about Marinello today. Wasn't sure if they were still there. Thanks for answering that for me.
4. Cray has always been a pleasure to talk to. Always treated me great, even when he knew that I was just looking.
5. You look nothing like what I thought you would look like.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

DwCye0z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom