Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house? | Page 165 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house?

I wonder if I’m causing any issues with settlement if I allow the water to get out now and no longer be in equilibrium with the soil/house….
If the house looks like this in the morning, you know you messed something up.

1641694340998.png

These are in my cold cellar…
78f1f18e3d0cf614e8c168c1307cf4b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like you need to restock your wine. :LOL:

Oh Kevin…you dumb motherf….

34CCB398-2BD7-4E1D-8A12-0C8E301FBA2D.jpeg
Nice weeping tile you useless twat.
CBA3A91E-395A-4CDE-8421-3238551BEC85.jpeg
Found a magical 1” metal line. No clue what it is or what’s in it…seems empty and is all scratched up with holes (prob from our excavation).

Is gas coming out of it

Sent using a thumb maybe 2
Nope. Nothing. Gas line is in the back of the house and this look like think aluminum. Personally I think someone threw it under before they poured the slab.

Already found bricks, wood, and small aluminum pieces that were cut off from something.

Big problem? Small problem? How effed am I and is it possible to complete the job without fully digging up the line to replace?

2778E5DF-AFF7-44F1-AD4A-A86805393356.jpeg

CC2D96EE-80D0-4719-B65B-948243AA262C.jpeg
CF788B7C-2D67-4524-88D0-07CD8C068E42.jpeg

Attachments

• 260DA5AD-D2F6-46C8-BEE7-CD349AA09AB7.jpeg
    260DA5AD-D2F6-46C8-BEE7-CD349AA09AB7.jpeg
    350.8 KB · Views: 4
What are we looking at? Floor drain is clay and cracked? How far down does crack go? Do you regret not using sprayfoam and calling RE agent yet?
Floor drain cracked about 6-8” below the floor level.

I don’t regret it but I may have to Kevin something myself here.

Floor drain cracked about 6-8” below the floor level.

I don’t regret it but I may have to Kevin something myself here.
Piece of PVC slid down below the cracked portion, inflate a balloon below the pvc to plug, use grout or hydraulic cement between pvc and clay to seal. Others may have better ideas.

What type of balloon @GreyGhost? I’m thinking of using a sleeve and a 4” black PVC to fill that gap.

Not perfect but I don’t feel a need to dig up the entire drain 1-2ft in each direction.

What type of balloon @GreyGhost? I’m thinking of using a sleeve and a 4” black PVC to fill that gap.

Not perfect but I don’t feel a need to dig up the entire drain 1-2ft in each direction.
Just a normal kids balloon might work. Something to keep the grout/cement from running down and filling the drain. I doubt you have the proper plumbing inflatable plug for that size pipe and if you did, I wouldn't want to cover it in cement.

At this point I would just dig everything up that is suspect and replace with abs

Sent using a thumb maybe 2
It may still come to that. It’s a lot of digging.

I was thinking just sleeving it….but that’s the Kevin way…

I generally feel bad for you. I'm sure you have better things you would sooner do with your time. :(
Thanks.

Is what it is. Either ***** about it, pay someone to do it, or just shut up and figure it out

Without my dad I think I’d be dead in the water, and it gives us some time together and I get to learn something new. Not the end of the world.

Thanks.

Is what it is. Either ***** about it, pay someone to do it, or just shut up and figure it out

Without my dad I think I’d be dead in the water, and it gives us some time together and I get to learn something new. Not the end of the world.
Few people regret doing it right. (If they survived)

Big problem? Small problem? How effed am I and is it possible to complete the job without fully digging up the line to replace?

View attachment 52839

View attachment 52842
View attachment 52841
The crack is a small problem. A bit of hydraulic cement will fix that.

If you want to sleeve it, suggest 4" PVC, its thinner walled than ABS. ID of the clay should be a hair under 4", the OD for for PVC is 4.22 so you'll need to slit the PVC lengthwise, taking out about .25 of an inch off the OD, then squeeze her in.

What might be a bigger concern is the standing water in that drain, it looks too high to be sitting at the height of a trap.

Thanks @Mad Mike thats what we’re planning to do. I’m going to snake that drain one more time before I start buttoning things up.

We ran a Shopvac hose in there to clean it out and I’ve got lovely cuts on my arm from reaching in and pulling sand out.

Im sure it needs a solid snaking before we close it all up as I’m sure some stuff fell in.

Back
Top Bottom