Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house? | Page 40 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house?

Anyone have a recommendation / lead on some lockers for the garage? Looking to store some PPE and some motorcycle gear in an older style aluminum / metal lockers. Thanks!
Police auctions canada used to have them occasionally. I havent been watching lately.

It may be cheaper and fit better to use a crap wardrobe. Riding gear with pads can be bulky for a locker.

I got three replacement windows for the house and due to some installation details they are taking a lot longer to install than when I was in the trade 40+ years ago. Two are in with one yet to be foamed and caulked. The third may get left until the spring due to Covid and weather. Caulk and foam don't like the cold and if our Covid numbers continue to go up Douggie could pull the shopping plug with me having the third window half installed.

I have enough other interior projects to keep me going until April (2040). Life goes on.

I have enough other interior projects to keep me going until April (2040). Life goes on.
I know you are being sarcastic, but you might was well rebuild the entire house if it will take you that much time. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Been slowly poking away at cleaning out the 150 years of hay and dust from my old barn.

May as well make it a haven for wet weekends.

Thinking darts, archery, foosball etc

Will be damn cold in off season times but what the hell.

received_1597650773759216.jpeg

Been slowly poking away at cleaning out the 150 years of hay and dust from my old barn.

View attachment 45854
Lots of character in the look of the wood, hopefully you don't clean it up too much to remove the look.

View attachment 45854
Looks like a good location for an indoor trials course. You're out of the wind and working pretty hard so temperature is less important.

Lots of character in the look of the wood, hopefully you don't clean it up too much to remove the look.

Nope. Just a cleaning. The holes in the barn boards stay for the snowflakes to blow thru.

Some of the old hay at the bottom still had leaves attached. Which means it was loose hay from days before bales existed.

Anyone have a source with stock for garage doors? Ours have been backordered and the supplier waited 6 weeks to tell us. Need 3 9x9 and 1 10x8 Amarr Designers Choice preferred.

Anyone have a source with stock for garage doors? Ours have been backordered and the supplier waited 6 weeks to tell us. Need 3 9x9 and 1 10x8 Amarr Designers Choice preferred.
Good call going for wider doors. 8' doors are not ideal for constant vehicle use (my wife only has <2" on each side of the mirrors).

No idea about stock or product lines, but I have used these guys for parts before. They were helpful and responsive and the price was reasonable.

Im hoping to finish up all the drywall, mudding and sanding the garage this weekend. Then paint as it’s a small portion left and start building my bench / storage / gym area within the garage.

actually looking for inspiration on building storage and bench in the garage in the evenings.

Im hoping to finish up all the drywall, mudding and sanding the garage this weekend. Then paint as it’s a small portion left and start building my bench / storage / gym area within the garage.

actually looking for inspiration on building storage and bench in the garage in the evenings.
Depending on how you plan on using the garage, a flip up bench (hinged to wall, drop down legs to support) is worthy of consideration. That allows project space to become car space if desired and more importantly every flat surface accumulates crap, keeping the bench up most of the time means it is clear when you want to use it. Maybe a small bench that is always ready with a vice on it and the big one flip up as a compromise.

Good call @GreyGhost i haven’t considered a flip up. One thing I wanted under the bench is some storage space and I’ll be building some shelving. It was in the other thread I was dissuaded by GTAM from buying the shiny NewAge shelving a while back.

Good call @GreyGhost i haven’t considered a flip up. One thing I wanted under the bench is some storage space and I’ll be building some shelving. It was in the other thread I was dissuaded by GTAM from buying the shiny NewAge shelving a while back.
Another temporary bench solution I have used before is a benchtop across two rolling tool boxes (8' bench top, ~52" on boxes, 44" between the boxes). Lots of tool storage, easy to move around, easy to shrink if you need space

Gas fireplace going into
I like the Barmac guys in Concord. I had a very low garage, 7' clearance from floor to ceiling - they put together a 7x18' door and a low headroom track system that worked brilliantly. Then I built my detached garage, I put in 9'x8 single doors, they replaced some crap Wayne Daltons with their house brand -- great performance and price.

Home depot has rolling tool benches with wooden tops pretty cheap in the flyer this week 60" ? wide , couple of those your have storage and a wooden top. I just put two in the basement shop, pretty happy.

Storage: can't beat industrial racking. It's dirt cheap, reconfigurable and tough. In one of my places I had a 16x22' garage that had 12' clear to the trusses. I had 4'deep shelves across the back and mezzanine over the whole garage at 7'6 off the ground, all made from standard off the shelf uprights and beams.

You can also make great benches from readirack. Cut verticals to bench height, use 2 beams at the top and one at the bottom rear then toss on a top. You can also bolt or weld casters on the uprights to make a movable bench.

Good call going for wider doors. 8' doors are not ideal for constant vehicle use (my wife only has <2" on each side of the mirrors).

No idea about stock or product lines, but I have used these guys for parts before. They were helpful and responsive and the price was reasonable.

Yes wife has never had garage parking so I'm hoping these wider doors will avoid carnage.

Yes wife has never had garage parking so I'm hoping these wider doors will avoid carnage.
My wife is pretty good but the odds are not in her favour. Keep doing something dumb often enough and eventually it bites you. One mirror is now a little shorter and the aluminum trim on the other side is a bit beat up after a few hundred trips through.

My wife is pretty good but the odds are not in her favour. Keep doing something dumb often enough and eventually it bites you. One mirror is now a little shorter and the aluminum trim on the other side is a bit beat up after a few hundred trips through.
Can confirm....both cars scratched in old house with a single tiny garage....one by me one by wife.

Back
Top Bottom