Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house? | Page 106 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house?

Blech. Threw up some yamaha speakers outside and trying to power them with a Bose SA-4 I was given. Why the bleeping bleep does everything need an account and online connectivity to work at all. Amp theoretically does streaming, internet radio etc except it only half connects in the app and then fails. I've tried connecting on three different wifi networks (mixed and 2.4) and ethernet. Tried running the required software on windows, android and IOS. Consistently craps the bed and is useless. Grr. No analog inputs to the amp and even if I added some, without the app running, I can't connect the remote the amp so I have no ability to change gain or turn it on/off. I've never liked bose but holy hell, there are giving apple a run for its money with this turd for having an ecosystem that ruins a product.

Honestly this is the best news I've heard so far this month
Looks like wood pricing has come back to pre covid.

Sent from the Moon!
This makes me very happy as I’ve got some more projects I want to get cracking on.

1. more shelving
2. Better framing for the trailer
3. Possible bbq station
4. Dig the pool in a bit and build a solid stair to it (although this may wait as kids are still very young and I don’t want to risk them going in unsupervised)

This makes me very happy as I’ve got some more projects I want to get cracking on.

4. Dig the pool in a bit and build a solid stair to it (although this may wait as kids are still very young and I don’t want to risk them going in unsupervised)
Hinge the stairs in the centre. Bottom flips up onto top and you are left with a featureless cube. If you're feeling extra paranoid, throw a hasp on the side and lock it in cube position.

Blech. Threw up some yamaha speakers outside and trying to power them with a Bose SA-4 I was given. Why the bleeping bleep does everything need an account and online connectivity to work at all. Amp theoretically does streaming, internet radio etc except it only half connects in the app and then fails. I've tried connecting on three different wifi networks (mixed and 2.4) and ethernet. Tried running the required software on windows, android and IOS. Consistently craps the bed and is useless. Grr. No analog inputs to the amp and even if I added some, without the app running, I can't connect the remote the amp so I have no ability to change gain or turn it on/off. I've never liked bose but holy hell, there are giving apple a run for its money with this turd for having an ecosystem that ruins a product.
Finally got it to work. Had to manually download a firmware update, connect to amp via ip address and push the firmware to it and then start again. The system sounds craptastic as expected. The amp is driving a 3 ohm load though so I was surprised that its protection didnt immediately kick in. I may try it with a 12 ohm load and see if that helps anything (I highly doubt it). I may swap out amp for a 30 yo technics that will sound better (and give me a bleeping analog input so I can use bluetooth instead of internet radio with commercials).

Finally got it to work. Had to manually download a firmware update, connect to amp via ip address and push the firmware to it and then start again. The system sounds craptastic as expected. The amp is driving a 3 ohm load though so I was surprised that its protection didnt immediately kick in. I may try it with a 12 ohm load and see if that helps anything (I highly doubt it). I may swap out amp for a 30 yo technics that will sound better (and give me a bleeping analog input so I can use bluetooth instead of internet radio with commercials).
The best solution is an older amp. You can even get a used one for dirt cheap with remote.

**fixed auto correct....

Last edited:
Simple day today. Put new freezer into the garage to replace the old one (which magically isn’t leaking much anymore) and relocated the gym back to the basement.

Makes for a tight office but may have to shift it around again.

71419A91-2225-416C-8055-6F625CAA0727.jpeg

Simple day today. Put new freezer into the garage to replace the old one (which magically isn’t leaking much anymore) and relocated the gym back to the basement.

Makes for a tight office but may have to shift it around again.

View attachment 51289
Curious what is that thing in the corner of the wall? (looks like a vent tube) Another previous owner thing?

Curious what is that thing in the corner of the wall? (looks like a vent tube) Another previous owner thing?
That is exactly what it is. Vent tube from the dryer. I have no effing clue why Kevin moved that wall…and I’m not ripping it out to find out.

Ignorance is bliss as they say.

Problem that I see though is having to turn it on/off each time you want to use it though. This is the reason I used Gen4 Echo's (doubled up in many areas) for music as I've got music playing with a voice command or music app. Just a thought. Two get really loud and can be had for $99each on sale.

Problem that I see though is having to turn it on/off each time you want to use it though. This is the reason I used Gen4 Echo's (doubled up in many areas) for music as I've got music playing with a voice command or music app. Just a thought. Two get really loud and can be had for $99each on sale.
Meh, not a big deal for this application. To avoid pissing off the neighbours, outdoor music will be rare. Mainly installed it because the bits were kicking around so they might as well go up. The Yamaha's are entirely lacking in bass as expected (4x5" woofers). I have a sub amp and sub that I could use with the analog amp to improve things but back to not annoying neighbours again. Currently that setup is beside the bike trainer so it just annoys my wife.

Totally forgot to ask…this thing came with my trailer and it’s one of those hitch carriers but genius took off the center bar.

Anyone know if I can buy that bar separate or just not bother and get a whole new piece?

3DEE4337-29AA-4CF8-A5F0-94AE5C41202E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom