Elephant in the Covid room | Page 85 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Elephant in the Covid room

Status
Not open for further replies.
That should be a given fact. The only reason it's a prediction is that our leader has a bad habit of shooting his mouth off or doing something to incite the wrath of other nations. If he manages to gather a supply of vaccine without doing so, we should easily overtake the U.S. at some point. Can he do it?
leader?? JT couldn't lead a parade at Disneyland. He's the front man for the backroom boys that feed his teleprompter.

leader?? JT couldn't lead a parade at Disneyland. He's the front man for the backroom boys that feed his teleprompter.
I have friends who honestly think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread; just like his father was.

Just watch. We're going to get a greater percentage of the population vaccinated by the end of this. It's all well and good to develop a vaccine, it's another matter to get people to take it. The extreme degree to which politics has been brought into this, combined with a general distrust of authority among a lot of the US population, is going to lead to a long tail end of this pandemic in the USA.

We'll have a long tail end of it, too ... but ours will be of a lesser magnitude than theirs, unless someone somehow convinces certain segments of the US population to get vaccinated even though right now, they don't want to.

Prediction: It will be only for this short period of time, in which the USA started their vaccination programme sooner and managed to just beat the onset of B.1.1.7 while we didn't quite make it, that the USA has lower covid19 infection rates (slightly) per capita than we do, and their covid19 death rate per capita (7-day average) has never been below ours and probably never will be.
It will be hard to catch the USA, perhaps in time we will. The challenge in Canada is we are at <3% people fully vaccinated, and 33% of the country with their first dose. The USA is at with 31% of the population fully vaccinated + 13% of the population with their first dose.

We have about 20m doses forecast between now and September, there is no theoretical way we could catch the USA given they are vaccinating at double the rates of Canada - if the USA stopped today and Canada got 100% of the forecasted deliveries into arms, we still could not catch the USA by September. They also have the sad benefit of more acquired immunity.

It will be hard to catch the USA, perhaps in time we will. The challenge in Canada is we are at <3% people fully vaccinated, and 33% of the country with their first dose. The USA is at with 31% of the population fully vaccinated + 13% of the population with their first dose.

We have about 20m doses forecast between now and September, there is no theoretical way we could catch the USA given they are vaccinating at double the rates of Canada - if the USA stopped today and Canada got 100% of the forecasted deliveries into arms, we still could not catch the USA by September. They also have the sad benefit of more acquired immunity.
The US is jabbing 3mill a day, I don't think canada even has that many jabs in total for the whole country to date

Day 20, still no software update. Someone tell Gates to fix his 5G tower.
I got my auto-update overnight. When I woke up this morning, all I could see was blue.

I got my auto-update overnight. When I woke up this morning, all I could see was blue.
funny you say that, ever since i got my shot I've been getting like a blur in my left i eye that comes and goes

funny you say that, ever since i got my shot I've been getting like a blur in my left i eye that comes and goes
Blood clot /stroke? Maybe go to the doctor

Does anyone here personally know an anti-masker?

Yes. He follows the rules in places where he knows he has to or there will be actual consequences. Like at work.

He's then that guy you see waltzing into the grocery store and telling off the poor kid working at the "Do you have any Covid symptoms, and please put on a mask" desk by chirping about his "medical exemption" (he has no such medical issue) or whatever other cockamamie justification he read on the "No New Normal" Reddit sub that morning.

It will be hard to catch the USA, perhaps in time we will.

The USA is starting to hit their wall. Already happening. Vaccination was too politicized and the far right thinks vaccines are the devil.

We will surpass then on a per capita basis. Only question is..when. I think it'll be faster than many expect.

The USA is starting to hit their wall. Already happening. Vaccination was too politicized and the far right thinks vaccines are the devil.

We will surpass then on a per capita basis. Only question is..when. I think it'll be faster than many expect.
Every week the number of 'wait and see' people is dropping dramatically. I Jan, only 46% of Americans were willing to be vaccinated, that's increased to 70% -- enough to reach herd immunity. The 'wall' per se is a supply issue, their system is fully ramped and now delivering doses as they are shipped with little distribution backlogs/snafus.

About 22% of Americans say 'NO WAY', and half of those would go if DT assured them it was safe to do so.

We can't catch them.

Every week the number of 'wait and see' people is dropping dramatically. I Jan, only 46% of Americans were willing to be vaccinated, that's increased to 70% -- enough to reach herd immunity. The 'wall' per se is a supply issue, their system is fully ramped and now delivering doses as they are shipped with little distribution backlogs/snafus.

About 22% of Americans say 'NO WAY', and half of those would go if DT assured them it was safe to do so.

We can't catch them.
Plus the ~20% under 18. 42%+ unvaccinated is not ideal.

181091960_10108352224646932_1670094039255579169_n.jpg

This ones for @PrivatePilot to post on the break room fridge, or the dash of his truck. For continued LOLs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom