Elephant in the Covid room | Page 82 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Elephant in the Covid room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incubation is something like 1 to 14 days. This would never stick , you could never prove where they go it
Probably true. Not everyone makes it to an incubator though. Lots more dying at home (a few a day in ontario) after crashing from sick with minor symptoms to dead. As for where they got it, almost impossible to prove. If the person had a variant that hadn't been detected in Canada yet and the other people at the party also had the same variant you have a probable source but unlikely beyond a reasonable doubt. If it is a common variant, the crown has nothing.

Edit:
Brainfart above with incubation/intubation.

Last edited:
Probably true. Not everyone makes it to an incubator though. Lots more dying at home (a few a day in ontario)

are you confusing the incubation period of the virus ( when symptoms show) with intubation in an ICU? Sounds like it

Looks like Alberta is headed into trainwreck territory....and none of the leaders there are willing to pull the emergency break.

Looks like Alberta is headed into trainwreck territory....and none of the leaders there are willing to pull the emergency break.

I read about that too. Some of it is in the fly-in communities for the oil patch isn’t it? Hard to control a pretty unique population there and a huge potential for spread.

I read about that too. Some of it is in the fly-in communities for the oil patch isn’t it? Hard to control a pretty unique population there and a huge potential for spread.
Not all that hard. Publicly ask for JT to control inbound flights. That lights a fire under his ass. He either agrees to limit incoming people or gets publicly blamed for the fallout.

the other factor mentioned in the report I read was “a stubborn streak“ that means there’s a significant population that defies the government. AKA “being stupid”.
I get that and it makes general control in the general population exceedingly difficult. The fly-in s are a specific situation that the feds can control almost without effective resistance. Would a pilot risk their ticket or a company risk their ability to operate to get some people in? Probably not imo.

the other factor mentioned in the report I read was “a stubborn streak“ that means there’s a significant population that defies the government. AKA “being stupid”.

Meanwhile at the No More Lockdowns rodeo north of Calgary today......
image.jpg
Makes me think of the FEAR song **** You Lets Rodeo

I wonder if that would also apply to the freedumb fighters organizing constant mask-free protests? It would seem possible. The guy in Barrie has had 200 to 1000+ out every week for over a month.
How about Quislings Trudeau and Ford?

Needed to look that up. Not sure if I would call them traitors. Inept certainly and possibly blinded by power/donations. Is that sufficient to be a traitor? I think trudeau is criminally negligent on a daily basis. Douggie may also pass that bar wrt ltc and possibly treatment of some commercial establishments. Traitor definitions vary. I'm not sure either one passes that bar (although a lot depends on the class that they should be loyal to. If it was citizens, there is a good chance the are over the bar, it it is political party members or contributors I think both are well within the lines).

If you think the rhetoric and nonsense coming out of the Ontario anti-lockdown crowd and anti-lockdown protests is off the wall, Alberta makes us look like bit players in comparison.

It's kinda like Ontario's version of Florida and Texas combined.

Until some of these protesters start dying and word goes around the circles that maybe, just maybe...this isn't a "hoax" or "just the flu" (or whatever they're trying to convince themselves this week) I doubt much will change. Even if they start dying inside their own ranks I'm doubting some will get it still.

Not to dampen people's enthusiasm to find people to blame, but anti-maskers are like hen's teeth around here.

Last time my kid had someone in the grocery store without a mask was over eight months ago.
Everyone who was without had it in their pocket and had forgotten to put it on.

My personal opinion is that reusable masks won't do ****, and disposable are a nightmare for the environment.
I wear one, but I don't use it as an excuse to lower more robust defenses such as distance and ventilation.
In some circles that would make me an anti-masker.

Does anyone here personally know an anti-masker?

Edit: For me the major factor at this point, as it is for everywhere in the world now, is vaccine supply.

Not to dampen people's enthusiasm to find people to blame, but anti-maskers are like hen's teeth around here.

Last time my kid had someone in the grocery store without a mask was over eight months ago.
Everyone who was without had it in their pocket and had forgotten to put it on.

My personal opinion is that reusable masks won't do ****, and disposable are a nightmare for the environment.
I wear one, but I don't use it as an excuse to lower more robust defenses such as distance and ventilation.
In some circles that would make me an anti-masker.

Does anyone here personally know an anti-masker?

Edit: For me the major factor at this point, as it is for everywhere in the world now, is vaccine supply.

they tend to congregate in rallies now more than getting embarrassed in stores

I've run across a couple of them. They're rare.

It's becoming apparent that the issue isn't "being closer than 2 metres to an infected person" ... it's "being indoors with poor ventilation together with an infected person, almost regardless of distance, with anything short of a N95 mask". Hence, workplaces being a major problem.

The Alberta anti-lockdown rodeo was outdoors ... theoretically not much of an issue.

We know a couple our age that won't wear masks or take the shot. They believe that it's just a flu.I have always known that they were a bit odd. They will never set foot in my home.

We know a couple our age that won't wear masks or take the shot. They believe that it's just a flu.I have always known that they were a bit odd. They will never set foot in my home.
My friends that are all natural/probiotic etc asked my wife for scientific info on the vaccine. I am proud of them as that is a stretch for them. I think they are going to get it but I don't know for sure yet. Regardless of your beliefs, it is hard to argue with statistics and I am not ready to die yet.

If you think the rhetoric and nonsense coming out of the Ontario anti-lockdown crowd and anti-lockdown protests is off the wall, Alberta makes us look like bit players in comparison.

It's kinda like Ontario's version of Florida and Texas combined.

Until some of these protesters start dying and word goes around the circles that maybe, just maybe...this isn't a "hoax" or "just the flu" (or whatever they're trying to convince themselves this week) I doubt much will change. Even if they start dying inside their own ranks I'm doubting some will get it still.
Ever spend time in Alberta? Imagine if The Shwa or Hammer was their own province... that’s what you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom