Ebook Readers | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ebook Readers

knowledge

Site Supporter
Have you guys made the switch to an ebook reader and never looked back?

I'm having a hard time giving up physical books but it would make more sense for me to have an ereader. Was the switch not as bad as you thought it would be? Any specific model that you would recommend?

I've no need for movies or anything, so I think as long as it's e-ink, I'm good to go.

I have the Kobo Glo, I thought it would be hard to switch, I actually like it better now. Some people will say its just better to spend the extra and get an ipad which can be a reader too.

As long as it is a e ink reader and not a color tablet you will be fine I have a kobo touch and just bought my parents a aura hd . the aura has nice lighting and is a little crisper.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I use my "old" Android tablet as a reader, I found it bulky and often end up using my smartphone and the Kobo app. I personally like the Kobo selection and UI, but Amazon's is quite extensive as well.

My wife has kobo and really likes it for travel, she has expressed annoyance on a couple occasions when the physical book was available cheaper than the e version, but it is convenient was she uses it. It has not replaced real books completely here yet.

I made the switch years ago and never looked back. For travel they can't be beat considering the amount of books you can get. I prefer the kindle personally but my wife loves her Kobo so it all depends.

as for reading on a tablet I hate it because my eyes get really tired from it so I prefer the eink.

i use my iphone 4S and bluefire app for reading.

just bought my dad a kindle paperwhite (2nd gen), played around with it some. i think i'd like it

I made the switch to a Kindle years ago and haven't read a regular book since. Converted my wife and son but they went with a Kobo and Kobo mini. Their reasoning was that they all look the same but the Kobo comes with a bunch of free books. My son especially loves the Kobo mini since it fits in his pocket.

I have tried reading on my laptop and tablet with the Kindle app but after a while my eyes couldn't take it anymore. E ink is the best.

We use both. Kindle when we travel or on the bus/subway, real books at home. Although wife is using kindle more and more, because it is easier than a full size book when you also have an infant in your hands :)

ipad mini here.

I like reading a book, then opening the email and answering some emails, or watching youtube for a while.

Only gripe with the ipad, and any lighted screen for that matter is that in bright lights its hard to read. I've only come across that while down in Cuba.

Kobo user here.

I like my Kobo for what it is. It's a simple non-lit B&W epub Reader. It works best for books. It is a little sluggish in terms of computing power (such as using the table of contents, indexing, changing pages), but that's ok since I don't need my Kobo to be a computer. I have not bought a physical book since.

The biggest drawback is if you want to use it for magazines or other materials with lots of images. You're better off with a tablet if that's your main content source.

Last edited:
I would just like to add, that i like the fact that i'm not stuck with one form or another, nor am i stuck with puchasing ebooks from a single source like a lot of the readers are.
epub, mobi, pdf, hell text files, i download of the internet. load up to my dropbox and let bluefire reader run it if dropbox cant.

I would just like to add, that i like the fact that i'm not stuck with one form or another, nor am i stuck with puchasing ebooks from a single source like a lot of the readers are.
epub, mobi, pdf, hell text files, i download of the internet. load up to my dropbox and let bluefire reader run it if dropbox cant.

only downside to bluefire is no .mobi

I have 2 and love them.

They will never replace paper books and I still read a good mix of the two but they can't be beat for traveling.

If you're going to be reading with any kind of glare (sun, etc) I do not suggest ipads or the like.

I have 2 and love them.

They will never replace paper books and I still read a good mix of the two but they can't be beat for traveling.

If you're going to be reading with any kind of glare (sun, etc) I do not suggest ipads or the like.

i find if its that bright I'm not sitting around unless I have some shade to protect me from the sun.

My wife found the iPad to heavy, but she bought a mini when it came out and hasn't looked back since. The iPad mini is just unreal light. I still use my iPad 3, and while I would like something lighter, I'll stick with it for now. If I could afford it, I would get an iPad Air.

Made the switch a few years back to a kobo, then I got the ipad 2 and I gave my kobo to my mom. I use the kobo app.

Haven't gone back. I love how I can finish a book and start a new one and I'm not lugging around a couple novels. If I have to leave my ipad... I can open the kobo app on my phone and its synced to the page I was on. Love it.

Back
Top Bottom