Dundas Street | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dundas Street

Are they going to change the name of Apache Burger at the same time since it's on Dundas St. and has racial overtones as well. I doubt Apache Indians actually ate hamburgers or hot dogs anyway, let alone fries!

Streety McStreetface, for me.
I wonder how many of the whiners that signed the petition actually live or work on dundas st? Be the change you want to see. Move to 8008 street mcstreetface street and then tell me if you think think was a worthy investment.

It's one thing to change a name with historical significance but no current significance and quite another to change something like this in active use. The costs associated with updating all dundas addresses is astronomical. You have street signs, canada post, all business stationary,all ttc maps etc. There are much more constructive things to spend tens of millions of dollars on. Toss up a few historical plaques explaining the context and opposition so we educate instead of suppressing history. If anyone is triggered by "dundas", they have much bigger problems than the name of the street.
what did it cost to change every single mph posted speed limit sign to kms/hour ?
I found that stupid. mph was ok. that said...
if dundas was an asz...toss em. not a big deal to do. maybe we owe that.

what did it cost to change every single mph posted speed limit sign to kms/hour ?
I found that stupid. mph was ok. that said...
if dundas was an asz...toss em. not a big deal to do. maybe we owe that.
Not a big deal? This goes way beyond a few street signs. Tens of millions is probably a conservative estimate on the cost.

I wonder how many of the whiners that signed the petition actually live or work on dundas st? Be the change you want to see. Move to 8008 street mcstreetface street and then tell me if you think think was a worthy investment.
I would be suprised if half of the people signing the petition were even employed.

These clowns want it renamed, let the 5000 or so of them pay for it out of their own pocket.
Typical brainless leftists want everything under the sun as long as someone else is paying for it.

Too much. I think not.
I was told recently by a good friend, that the older generation will not change what happened in history because it is just that.
BLM etc.
Whereas the younger generation do not in anyway think the same as my/our generation.
I believe there is a silent majority of people in this country who want nothing to do with the social justice movement currently plaguing western culture. The problem is the media has given the minority a voice to yell and scream. Anybody disagreeing with them using facts and logic are labeled far-right, neo nazi, racist, bigoted etc

I believe there is a silent majority of people in this country who want nothing to do with the social justice movement currently plaguing western culture. The problem is the media has given the minority a voice to yell and scream. Anybody disagreeing with them using facts and logic are labeled far-right, neo nazi, racist, bigoted etc

I want social justice but for every company on the street to change their stationery and literature will be untold millions. Maps and GPS's will become obsolete. Confusion with old maps. 911 calls get confused. All for years.

Let's spend those millions of education where it does more good than beating an unknown Scotsman long dead.

Can you please explain this exactly?

Equality. Unfortunately it's about as easy to achieve as unscrambling an egg.

You can't unsay a word. A bad deed leaves a scar.

There is a mixture of fears on all sides that are so complex that a simple fix isn't possible even if everyone wanted and many don't on both sides. There's money in conflict.

I don't understand your question. Are you asking for a master plan?

Just because I want something it doesn't mean I know how to get it. I want Covid to go away as well but I'm not in the field and all I can do is my little part to keep it in check.

All those porcelain tiles on the subway tunnel walls would need to be changed!
Then they need to change the names for Whites Avenue, Younge Street, Cherry Street, Cummer Avenue and Peter Street just to name a few. Might better just give them all numbers taking special care not to use anything with 69, 13 or 666 in the sequence.

All those porcelain tiles on the subway tunnel walls would need to be changed!
Then they need to change the names for Whites Avenue, Younge Street, Cherry Street, Cummer Avenue and Peter Street just to name a few. Might better just give them all numbers taking special care not to use anything with 69, 13 or 666 in the sequence.
Do you work for the City? That sounds exactly like a plan they would come up with. Everytime I think government entities can't get stupider or more wasteful they do thinks like renaming subway lines 1,2 and 3 from names that actually made sense and were understandable for occasional users.

Do you work for the City? That sounds exactly like a plan they would come up with. Everytime I think government entities can't get stupider or more wasteful they do thinks like renaming subway lines 1,2 and 3 from names that actually made sense and were understandable for occasional users.
It's easy, just think of the most absurd thing imaginable and that's what they get paid the big bucks for.

It's called job security...think up of absurd things to be done, get the ball rolling, nothing happens because it's a stupid idea (for the most part)...rinse and repeat.

Happens in the private sector all the time. I work with a few dreamers. Come up with the stupid ideas, sell them to the bosses who are also not aware of the finer details of why it won't work, we spent a ton of time on it, only to find out both the managers and bosses forgot about it and have moved on to a new pet project. Fortunately I only have 2 dreamers in a field or realists, unfortunately they have loud voices that are heard.

you can see it, Councilor says 'its what my people want!' and they vote me in and cement my paycheck there fore I must be 'on side'. Few guys in the works dept say, wholly tap dancing Christ, we will be changing signs for years and thats good new for us! Some guy in accounting says , wow thats gonna cost millions we don't have, We are busy trying to buy a 3.4million dollar building lot to save a 200 yr old oak tree some people like. Next guy up the totem pole says well we are going to need federal and provincial transfer payments to cover this.

The anarchist that started it all creates the "dundas forever" brand and sells enough T shirts and hats to buy a cottage in Wasaga and quietly sells out when he realizes the lines at the soup kitchen get longer in the fall.

I'm surprised no one is up in arms about the latest physics Nobel prize.

I definitely agree with you. 100 million trillion %
Nobody is going to pay us the slightest bit of attention. It is rocking the boat. The media is not in the slightest bit interested.
All they can do is kiss a**e.

Tbh. These whiners really annoy me. So full of shitte.
I think they really do not understand what is really going on. They want publicity to looking good.
How about they stand up for out Veterans, serving Military, Seniors?

Tbh. These whiners really annoy me. So full of shitte.
I think they really do not understand what is really going on. They want publicity to looking good.
How about they stand up for out Veterans, serving Military, Seniors?
I agree with you 100%. But that's not sexy, not fun, not sellable. Too much work. They get bored with a 'cause' and then f-off to the next one.

Not a big deal? This goes way beyond a few street signs. Tens of millions is probably a conservative estimate on the cost.
well, what did it cost to change every single posted speed limit sign for mph to km'hr?
extrapolating roughly from 10 million to change the dundas signs to how much for every single posted speed limit sign in canada?....would be several billion dollars with your accounting? be close?
were you going on about the cost ? why not? maybe you were too young lol. now its important for one street change that you are appalled? strange.

10 million for one street is nothing more than a high guess imo. never mind a wasted estimated billions to change speed limits from mph to km/hr .

maybe Im wrong, but I doubt any of you said a peep about that...

well, what did it cost to change every single posted speed limit sign for mph to km'hr?
extrapolating roughly from 10 million to change the dundas signs to how much for every single posted speed limit sign in canada?....would be several billion dollars with your accounting? be close?
were you going on about the cost ? why not? maybe you were too young lol. now its important for one street change that you are appalled? strange.

10 million for one street is nothing more than a high guess imo. never mind a wasted estimated billions to change speed limits from mph to km/hr .

maybe Im wrong, but I doubt any of you said a peep about that...
Changing from mph to kph is signs and laws with little other repercussions. The street signs are the smallest expense in this. Every company with a dundas address needs to update all letterhead/business card/address stamps/etc (not public money but an expense that would be incurred by somebody). Every ttc sign or map needs to be replaced. New Station name needs to be recorded and uploaded into every talking vehicle that hits dundas (not hard but will be expensive with public money). Not to mention the consulting and graphic design fees that will be incurred by the public purse for all of this mess.

All of that effort for what? Keep driving west for a little bit and people hit dundas ontario and lose their $@@# again. What positive change occurred for all that expense?

Back
Top Bottom