Dreaming - Lottery Win - What would you do ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dreaming - Lottery Win - What would you do ?

chiller

Site Supporter
Lotto Max is $50 million tonight, what would you do ?

I'm thinking :
10% to share with my family / friends
10% for my wife to distribute to her family / friends
10% as a trust fund for 2 kids (20% total)
10% on buying a new house, a cottage, a vacation home down south and some cars, bikes, boats, trips, parties

50% ~ 25 million to sit in an investment account somewhere so I can live off the interest and retire ...
- say a base minimum 2% after tax (I don't think that's asking for too much) ...
- that's 500k / yr after tax to live on
- by the time I'm 55 ramp it up to 1million / yr so that the lump sum is mostly gone by the time i'm 85-90 and probably checking out.

what would you guys do ? dreaming here ...

Last edited:
First thing I would do, is not tell anyone that I won.
No one.

The rest lines up with what you wrote there. Set it up and live off the freedom of knowing you're financially sound for the rest of your natural life.

Cocaine.

Kidding. I think.

50% in a mix of index funds/ETFs.

5-10% in a nice house downtown.

And I reckon I'd blow the rest on toys.

Ford GT
Several dozen motorcycles
1959 Sunburst Gibson Les Paul
1954 Fender Strat

Go to the olg with all my brothers and sisters. 7 ppl winning 50 mil is not the same as one.
Get hair transplant and lipo.
Buy a little red corvette.
Buy pants like @inreb.
What I WOULDN'T DO? Go back to work on monday.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Pay off all my family's mortgages, go on one hell of a bender with all my buddies in a few city's around the globe, and then buy one sweet *** rig to tour Europe and race for a couple years before I return home to live comfortably.

I have one sister and he has one. Their mortgage would be paid off.

I track with a group of 10 or so. We would all get new bikes.

Toy hauler and new vehicle for me.

Buy a retirement property and spend the rest of my life spoiling my other half.

Oh and get someone to do all my personal shopping. I have no sense of style.

I have one sister and he has one. Their mortgage would be paid off.

I track with a group of 10 or so. We would all get new bikes.

Toy hauler and new vehicle for me.

Buy a retirement property and spend the rest of my life spoiling my other half.

Oh and get someone to do all my personal shopping. I have no sense of style.
No mani pedi?

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

No dammit. Can't afford it, my bf alone would want the 40G gp250....

Yes mani/pedi/hair and wax for life. That **** cannot be MY job!

Would $50 mil be enough to talk the owner of the only TVR Cerbera Speed 12 into selling it?

I had a dream a couple weeks ago that I won the lottery that had a 50 Mil jackpot. Now I only play when it's at 50

Pay off mortgage and dump the rest into a savings account for now and invest the money over time. Even at 1% interest, that's $500,000 per year, and assuming you don't spend it all, that means next year you'll make even more.

I've seen some pretty nice spreads between here and Georgian Bay. A big working farm with lots of hustle and bustle. I'd walk around in a big hat, thumbs in belt buckle saying stuff like "ok, that's enough for today boys".

Lotto Max is $50 million tonight, what would you do ?

I'm thinking :
10% to share with my family / friends
10% for my wife to distribute to her family / friends
10% as a trust fund for 2 kids (20% total)
10% on buying a new house, a cottage, a vacation home down south and some cars, bikes, boats, trips, parties

50% ~ 25 million to sit in an investment account somewhere so I can live off the interest and retire ...
- say a base minimum 2% after tax (I don't think that's asking for too much) ...
- that's 500k / yr after tax to live on
- by the time I'm 55 ramp it up to 1million / yr so that the lump sum is mostly gone by the time i'm 85-90 and probably checking out.

what would you guys do ? dreaming here ...
Have you noticed you have an obsession with money lately?

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...serid=64&contenttype=vBForum_Post&showposts=1

What's up with that?

Last edited:
if we're talking 50 mil, a place on the IOM for the summer, and southern Spain for the winter. And track days, lots of track days.

Definitely some new Klim gear, to go with my 1190R, my gs1200a, my s1000xr, my multistrada, and my crf1000. That'd be a good start.

See the world (all of it) and then buy property in the places I like best. Complete my bucket list.

I think the question is more interesting if you imagine having an unlimited supply of money for as long as you live. What do you do then?

I would be very generous with that amount of money. Technically, could that even be called an amount? Either way it would be no sweat off of my scrotum to pass it around so I feel I probably won't be lauded for my generosity but I would do it anyway because that's how I roll. Oh sorry, that's how I imagine I'd roll.

Back
Top Bottom