Doug Ford - has your opinion changed? | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Doug Ford - has your opinion changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Douggies continued support of Dr. Williams may be misguided. AG hammered the CMO response. That opinion jives with what many doctor/nursing groups have been saying. Douggie just extended Dr Williams by another year and had nothing but praise for him.

Douggies continued support of Dr. Williams may be misguided. AG hammered the CMO response. That opinion jives with what many doctor/nursing groups have been saying. Douggie just extended Dr Williams by another year and had nothing but praise for him.

Not sure how to interpret this. Shoulda, coulda, criticism is easy in hindsight. The first time thru a situation like this is bound to have mistakes, missteps and response lags as leaders grapple and sort the chaos of facts and recommendations coming from everywhere.

I prefer to look at the bigger picture - how did we make it they thru the first wave relatively speaking?

Methinks only a handful of places around the globe bested Ontario, maybe the AG got this wrong.

Not sure how to interpret this. Shoulda, coulda, criticism is easy in hindsight. The first time thru a situation like this is bound to have mistakes, missteps and response lags as leaders grapple and sort the chaos of facts and recommendations coming from everywhere.

I prefer to look at the bigger picture - how did we make it they thru the first wave relatively speaking?

Methinks only a handful of places around the globe bested Ontario, maybe the AG got this wrong.
Agree.

I don't have a clear opinion on Williams. I know a lot of doctor and nurse groups really really dislike him. That may be a positive thing though as whenever the teachers union is barking the loudest, I normally find that I agree with the actions being taken. I don't have a similar concept of dr/nurse organizations vs my opinions.

Normally, I find AG reports to be quite reasonable. I haven't read this one, just the headlines. It would surprise me if they missed the port by a mile (but it is obviously possible). I expected a balanced report that detailed some successes, failures and things that could be improved but it sounds more like a bloodbath.

Williams has a really tough job, there are guidelines as they have talked about a pandemic for years, but there is no day to day playbook. Balancing the health with economic implication is a pretty thankless task.

What the public seems to be missing right now is hospital and clinical workers are no longer front line workers, they are your last defense when you need a ventilator. We are the front line right now and so many are missing the memo.

Part of the problem is that the Provinces took their cue from the Federal government.
In the beginning the crisis was one of racism, not pandemic, then it was lock down for a couple of weeks and we'd be back to normal. It wasn't until they were left on their own for PPE for critical care workers, and making plans when they started to react. The Feds have done stuff since then, but I haven't seen much in the way of a plan. Did they give a big contract for PPE to a Quebec company that originally outsourced it all to the U.S., France & China? Will that company do it again when this dies down?

Canada's ranked 45th highest for deaths per million people, and I think that's been fairly consistent.
The world is 73rd. So we've always been in the worst half.

Part of the problem is that the Provinces took their cue from the Federal government.
In the beginning the crisis was one of racism, not pandemic, then it was lock down for a couple of weeks and we'd be back to normal. It wasn't until they were left on their own for PPE for critical care workers, and making plans when they started to react. The Feds have done stuff since then, but I haven't seen much in the way of a plan. Did they give a big contract for PPE to a Quebec company that originally outsourced it all to the U.S., France & China? Will that company do it again when this dies down?

Canada's ranked 45th highest for deaths per million people, and I think that's been fairly consistent.
The world is 73rd. So we've always been in the worst half.
I don't think the death rate is what matters - deaths numbers are mostly a product of the infection rate.

As a country we are most able to control infection rates, and that we have done much better than 90 countries. Canada has one of the lowest infection rate among 1st world countries, only Japan Australia and New Zealand are better. Every country that is doing better than us are in tropical, dry or temperate climates, a definite advantage in reducing spread.

I don't think the death rate is what matters - deaths numbers are mostly a product of the infection rate.

As a country we are most able to control infection rates, and that we have done much better than 90 countries. Canada has one of the lowest infection rate among 1st world countries, only Japan Australia and New Zealand are better. Every country that is doing better than us are in tropical, dry or temperate climates, a definite advantage in reducing spread.
That's a low bar. We're 90th highest, the world average is 96th, so we're still in the lower half.
Worse, when someone does catch it here, they're more likely to die than elsewhere.

Mortality Analyses - Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center

That's a low bar. We're 90th highest, the world average is 96th, so we're still in the lower half.
Worse, when someone does catch it here, they're more likely to die than elsewhere.

Mortality Analyses - Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center
That's fun with stats. The best 90 are mostly sparsely populated nations in tropical or desert climates -- not the place Corona thrives. Tell me you'd rather be in the USA, England, France, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Belgium, Holland, Russia, Brazil, Spain, Italy, Ireland Denmark, Greece, China, ....

Williams has a really tough job, there are guidelines as they have talked about a pandemic for years, but there is no day to day playbook. Balancing the health with economic implication is a pretty thankless task.

What the public seems to be missing right now is hospital and clinical workers are no longer front line workers, they are your last defense when you need a ventilator. We are the front line right now and so many are missing the memo.
Pretty much. This was a new, "novel" virus which has behaved a lot differently than the experts thought it might. The world's leading epidemiologists made a lot of miscalculations and miatakes early on. That's science. Theories do not always get proven in practice.

As for Ford he has generally done a good job during this pandemic. Although I tend to gravitate left he got my vote as the Wynne Liberals were too far beyond the pale for me both from a scandals perspective and also their horrible mismanagement of the public coffers.

Ford's administration has not lost my vote next election either. There will be another Liberal administration in Ontario at some point but they need a longer time out so that they both learn their lesson and come out of their politcal penance with a new plan and direction.

Federally? I need to see what the current Conservatives are like. Are they a tack back to a more Progressive Conservative Party which I can vote for or are they a rebranded Reform party with a veneer of kindness and civility over them?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Finance Minister is a moron. Doug calls him out, good.
We are well past calling out. Douggie needs to start putting some of his dbag team out to pasture. Ooosterhoff has a huge party, Philips goes on vacation out of the country during a pandemic when douggie is having press conferences pleading with people to stay home . . . Two sets of rules. By not publicly chopping their heads off, douggie looks weaker every day. Whining and doing nothing about it is what my five year old would do.

Its one thing for Williams to be outside the country, its quite another to put out a collection of photos at staged events to appear like he's here. That's the bigger f up in my view and the one that's a fire able offence.
Zero trust with a complete liar.

And while I have no proof, my guess would be no quarantine on return , that twat is an essential worker.

Its one thing for Williams to be outside the country, its quite another to put out a collection of photos at staged events to appear like he's here. That's the bigger f up in my view and the one that's a fire able offence.
Zero trust with a complete liar.

And while I have no proof, my guess would be no quarantine on return , that twat is an essential worker.
Well he says he is going to but if he has buggered off on vacation and didnt tell his employer that he would be quarantined and unavailable to show up to work for weeks upon his return that again should be enough to whack him.

Finance Minister is a moron. Doug calls him out, good.
It's good he called him out, I just find it strange he didn't know he wasn't in the country. How does a senior member just disappear like that without anyone knowing about it especially Douggie. I would guess they all have been working very closely on this how did he not know before hand, I suspect some optics going on rather then real outrage.

It's good he called him out, I just find it strange he didn't know he wasn't in the country. How does a senior member just disappear like that without anyone knowing about it especially Douggie. I would guess they all have been working very closely on this how did he not know before hand, I suspect some optics going on rather then real outrage.
Hmmm....it's typically not your bosses business how or where you spend your vacation right? One assumes that Ford thought he was a pretty competent person if he tapped him as Finance Minister. So i don't think its a stretch that he didn't know.

Hmmm....it's typically not your bosses business how or where you spend your vacation right? One assumes that Ford thought he was a pretty competent person if he tapped him as Finance Minister. So i don't think its a stretch that he didn't know.
It is if you aren't available to return to work when required. In a pandemic, senior leadership being unavailable (or at least limited availability) for more than a month is not acceptable.

My guess with Williams and probably a couple others in senior positions, there was the C'mas break which is always a good stretch in gov't , Williams put together a package of bullcrap photos to be leaked in his absence, he was available on email like everybody else at holiday and Doug may well have no idea this turd was in StBarts.
Now Doug gets to do the "why me?" , and quite honestly in my opinion this guy gets to loose his seat at the big kids table. He cannot be trusted.

I can almost guarantee he had no intention isolating when he came back, because he was never gone.......

True that is definitely not their business, but this isn't business as usual. Tough call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom