Doug Ford - has your opinion changed? | Page 23 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Doug Ford - has your opinion changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect we will be going into another lockdown soon. They already hinted at it for April at the beginning of the year, and there are other sign's pointing it will happen. Glad riding season is beginning though, will help greatly with the lockdown.

Also agree that all levels of our Gov have failed the public, this should be remembered when voting happens and they all should be ejected, bunch a cronies. If they keep suggesting at a "reset" it should be in our Gov.
All parties at all levels are the same. I can't think of one leader, municipal, provincial or federal that I would follow into battle, not that any would lead a charge. Name someone in any category that sounds competent. That deals with the leader if you can find one.

Then all the other chairs have to be filled eliminating the dead wood.

We have to think of this as a war. It would be interesting to research parliamentary debates during WWII. Was there as much infighting?

BTW I got an email from my sister in New Zealand and while they have the case numbers in far better control their vaccine situation is as bad as ours. She's a nurse and I will get my shot before her. Politicians are getting them in photo ops.

All parties at all levels are the same. I can't think of one leader, municipal, provincial or federal that I would follow into battle, not that any would lead a charge

John Tory.

I hope he moves to provincial or federal politics when he’s done being mayor. He’s a straight shooter who seems to get things…and isn’t wishy washy when it comes to tough subjects.

I agree all levels have failed us . No doubt another BS lockdown of healthy people coming tomorrow . My school board already told all the kids to take their stuff home from school tomorrow . So the schools are going in to online learning .

But who will you vote for ? Delduca in Ontario a left over from the last Liberal government . O'Toole a guy that really has not different policy from JT ?
I guess that is the problem with Canadian politics, and why we are passive about it, there isn't or haven't been any real good candidates. And yeah same chit different party, ?‍♂️.
Anyhow time to stock up on some things before the announcement.

Hate to be a pessimist, but this lockdown won't be any different than the first. Big box stores will be open, Dollarama etc etc. And the snowflakes in the population will still gather.
Only thing that will fix this is more vaccine. Imho.

John Tory.

I hope he moves to provincial or federal politics when he’s done being mayor. He’s a straight shooter who seems to get things…and isn’t wishy washy when it comes to tough subjects.
Not my choice.

He campaigned on privatizing garbage collection because the city workers held the population hostage beyond reason. He copped out when the union of garbage collectors came up with cost saving suggestions, only when their jobs were at stake.

I other words, a pushover.

Hate to be a pessimist, but this lockdown won't be any different than the first. Big box stores will be open, Dollarama etc etc. And the snowflakes in the population will still gather.
Only thing that will fix this is more vaccine. Imho.

Probably, but some are getting the shots and the weather warming. That should have done something to cut the cases. Instead the back and forth pattern continues.

We need to put some teeth into the laws and enforcement.

If the guy that hosted the party in Peterborough was charged with manslaughter it might get people to think about the consequences.

Not enough people are getting the shot. People are skeptical of the AZ vaccine because they play Dr Google instead of listening to their health professional.
Bil and his wife got theirs yesterday. No wait, 20 tables set up, 2 in use.
People are stupid.

Not enough people are getting the shot. People are skeptical of the AZ vaccine because they play Dr Google instead of listening to their health professional.
Bil and his wife got theirs yesterday. No wait, 20 tables set up, 2 in use.
People are stupid.

A Canadian is about ten times more likely to die from Covid than a traffic collision but our law and enforcement expectations are more geared to unsafe or even perceived unsafe drivers.

Honestly if they just opened up the floodgates and allowed anyone to sign up that wants to, I think this would really help out. Get the people that want it in their arms and start the mass vaccinations.

not sure how I feel about the AZ risk v reward considering what I’ve heard. But I’ve not looked into it further, and would prefer either of the other ones.

I've been hospitalized many times. Not once did i ever ask what was going into my arm. No idea what the numbers on the machine (the one that goes bing) beside my hospital bed mean.
Never asked a dentist about his techniques or supplies.
Why is this different?

Honestly if they just opened up the floodgates and allowed anyone to sign up that wants to, I think this would really help out. Get the people that want it in their arms and start the mass vaccinations.

not sure how I feel about the AZ risk v reward considering what I’ve heard. But I’ve not looked into it further, and would prefer either of the other ones.
It's not easy to see through the fog. AZ/oxford is supplying vaccine at cost to developing countries. There are billions of reasons others dont like this arrangement. How much of the uproar is based on science and how much is based on economic/political pressure? Quantity of articles means little. It's hard for those outside the circle to be able to evaluate quality of scientific opinion.

As for J&J, their media department is flubbing this. A batch was rejected by quality control. In my mind, that's a good thing and shows the system is working and they are putting quality in front of profit. I havent found anything that said the size of the batch or the percentage of output. Did they lose the entire production or 0.001%?

I'm ok with whatever I can get first.

Last edited:
I've been hospitalized many times. Not once did i ever ask what was going into my arm. No idea what the numbers on the machine (the one that goes bing) beside my hospital bed mean.
Never asked a dentist about his techniques or supplies.
Why is this different?
Agreed. I’ve never asked or cared just put faith into it.
And I’m not saying I won’t take it, but considering the usage is being re-evaluated peaks my interest.

As a side note, found out a distant relative is in a coma now because the ventilator wasn’t working, and he’s now under mechanical life support in the coma for a week with the new strain of C19.

Basically 50/50 chance of survival as they apparently hook up your organs to keep them functional. He’s 50.

Predict Ford will lock down Zoomba studios, Denny's (but only for breakfast), no groups larger than 4.6 people unless it’s a wedding when it’s 467, all branches of Bad Boys just because Mel Lastman, no dining in malls except for poutine and no massage parlour visits except between the hours of 11pm and 9am.

Predict Ford will lock down Zoomba studios, Denny's (but only for breakfast), no groups larger than 4.6 people unless it’s a wedding when it’s 467, all branches of Bad Boys just because Mel Lastman, no dining in malls except for poutine and no massage parlour visits except between the hours of 11pm and 9am.
Your list will likely make more sense than the official list.

I haven't commented on this thread but with the 3rd wave of COVID....

Doug Ford sucks at his job (and Canada as a whole sucked at dealing with COVID.) If any of you have friends in developed Asian countries, then you know they're pretty much done with COVID.

Ford (and Canada as a whole) lacked the balls to iron fist hardcore lock down and tell people to shut up last year. They should have just mimicked Taiwan or Hong Kong.

EDIT: At the same time: thanks to Canada sucking at dealing with COVID, this happened lol. There's a silver lining!

Last edited:
I guess that is the problem with Canadian politics, and why we are passive about it, there isn't or haven't been any real good candidates. And yeah same chit different party, ?‍♂️.
Anyhow time to stock up on some things before the announcement.

The issue with politics in the west thesedays is people have zero thought for the future. Gone are the days when a leader would actually lead. Gone are the days where a generation would plant trees they knew they'd never get to sit in the shade of.

A thousand years ago a leader would commission a church or a dam or some infrastructure they believed would benefit their people, it would take 5 lifetimes to build. Now politicians only worry about the election in 4 yrs time and their sweet pension when they are elected and retire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom