Does anyone know a Moto Shop that fill tires with Nitrogen? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Does anyone know a Moto Shop that fill tires with Nitrogen?

266 Rutherford Rd (Unit #10)
Brampton, ON L6W 3X3
(905) 595-6100

For street use, N is a waste of time/money. Just check your pressure regularly and relax.

Not needed on the street at all.

I'm sure it's used in racing all the time now; I know I see the filling stations at the tracks, but my older Carroll Smith books say that it has extremely negligible impact on racing as well, as long as you adjust your pressure after warmup.

Costco might do it too.

But unless you mount the tire and fill it in a vacuum or sealed Nitro chamber it won't be 100% nitrogen anyways.

i'll never undestand why people do this

He isn't correct. The question was "where?" not "should I?"

If a person asked you where he can get a medical text with instructions for a DIY appendectomy, would you send him to the UofT library or would you tell him to leave it to a medical professional?
While running N isn't anywhere near that level of stupidity, it's a waste of time, waste of money and encourages sloppy pressure check schedules in street use.

If a person asked you where he can get a medical text with instructions for a DIY appendectomy, would you send him to the UofT library or would you tell him to leave it to a medical professional?
While running N isn't anywhere near that level of stupidity, it's a waste of time, waste of money and encourages sloppy pressure check schedules in street use.

So you admit you didn't answer his question correctly? ;)

So you admit you didn't answer his question correctly? ;)

I did not have sex with that woman.. As long as she didn't inhale, it's not adultery :cool:

OK i get the idea.
Yes I do check my tire pressure regularly.
Seemed like a good idea at the time :p

i thought the whole idea behind using nitrogen is not that you can check your tires less often, but that it doesn't expand and contract as much with temp variations, so rather than setting your pressures cold, warming up your tires, and then checking them again warm, you could just set them to what you'd want them warm and they'd stay at pretty much that pressure.

i thought the whole idea behind using nitrogen is not that you can check your tires less often, but that it doesn't expand and contract as much with temp variations, so rather than setting your pressures cold, warming up your tires, and then checking them again warm, you could just set them to what you'd want them warm and they'd stay at pretty much that pressure.
Waste of time, follow your book, you adjust for cold temp, the tire can handle much more than what they say.

Most stealerships have N compressors.
Just ride up to any dealership and ask them to fill your tires.

I agree with most of the replies here though regarding how useless it is for street use.
Checking your air pressure should be part of your daily routine check before riding, whether it's "regular air" or Nitrogen.

I do understand why you thought it was a good idea though. :)

Worked in a tire shop for a season. The common thought there was if your driving fast and hard enough to warrant the switch to Nitrogen, and your just driving on city streets and highways, then your primary concern should be your driving habits. Only reason the owner installed the Nitrogen system was due to the demand for it but its definitely not needed. At the price of Nitrogen ($10-20 a car tire), its just better to get normal air as its mostly gimmicky unless your really need it. Some common thoughts on it were:

1) Don't need to check your pressure as its more consistent. -- True, but you still should check, especially as it wont tell you if a nail or something is causing a loss, and being on a motorcycle means its that much more important to check. If you do have to add more pressure, now your stuck with adding air unless you take it to a shop again and that just wrecked your Nitrogen atmosphere.

2) Tires wont heat up as much and will last longer. -- True, but you really need to be heating those tires up to see the difference. Again, unless your racing, but then is it worth it if your tires wear down that fast and need replacing so soon? Good if money is not that big of a deal and high performance is mandatory like a professional race team.

3) Your tires wont degrade as fast since its N instead of air. -- True, but again since air is mostly N, those tires will wear out on their own before that ever really becomes an issue unless your storing your car for show and never intend on driving it.

Back
Top Bottom