DO you stop for fellow riders on the side of the road | GTAMotorcycle.com

DO you stop for fellow riders on the side of the road

Jeepsandbikes

Just curious , if you see a rider on the side of the road , do you check to see if he is OK, or stop to lend a hand . Whenever i see a rider on the side of the road i honk and look for a thumbs up or some OK signal , or if its easy to pull over ill stop and make sure they are not stranded . Why i bring this up is Saturday afternoon my clutch cable broke on davis drive and bathurst . i was on the side of the road trying to fix it and at least 40 bikes passed by and not a single one bothered to look over or stop or check if everything was ok . Finally after 40-50 bikes passed a group of 4 on 2 bikes gave me a wave and i gave them the thumbs down . they rode off and came back two min later and were super nice to help me out .
Now am i the crazy one that helps people out , and most riders dont give a F@#$ , do you check up on fellow riders ? were you one of the many who just rode by not giving a S%$# ..
big thanks to the guys who stopped ..

Yes, I check.

I gave a few rides to gas stations and back. Once I plugged a tire on the side of the road :)

Always give a honk and thumbs up/down. Most ppl r stopping for a smoke slot a stretch but I've caught a few that needed a hand. That's for bikes and cars equally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tend to stop at bridges for pee(underneath) and viewing pleasure/snack(on top). I've noticed a decline of people doing the thumb up/down in the last few years. Of course I always check others. If I see a Harley with with a pool of oil I just assume everything is normal.

I tend to stop at bridges for pee(underneath) and viewing pleasure/snack(on top). I've noticed a decline of people doing the thumb up/down in the last few years. Of course I always check others. If I see a Harley with with a pool of oil I just assume everything is normal.

Your welcome to inspect my garage no oil, :)

I stare at them to see if they are ok. If they don't give feedback, I ride on

The signal for distress or breakdown is a helmet on the ground at the rear tire.

I stopped at a cruiser one day at mullock and bathurst to find a couple laying in the grass watching clouds.

I don't stop unless I see the helmet.

I stop or give a thumbs up passing by and look for a response.

Pulled over to help a guy reattach his exhaust on the way back from dover. Good thing to cause I had no idea where I was going. Got invited into their group to get where I was going.

Asked me to come by for beers and burgers but I was froze and wanted to get my 3hr ride home done lol.

Im new to street bikes but carry tools always (even in my cage) got lucky that I modded my exhaust the day before so I knew how to attach it.
Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Always stop. Helped someone on the 401 get gas this year. Figure I'll be the one needing help one day.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

sheesh .. Where were all you guys Saturday lol. So I just happed to encounter all the ignorant riders that day .
good to hear lots of you lend a hand when needed and look out for fellow riders .

I always pull out. I mean, over. What was the question again?

Last edited:
always, whether i'm in my cage or on two

Funny I saw this tonight. My gear selector fell off while trying to switch off from neutral. Couldn't twist the bolt back in and I had no Allen keys. Couple bikes came by, but I'm not surprised they didn't stop for me. I believe in the MTO handbook they preach putting your helmet on the ground by your rear wheel.

Moreover I think this should be a lesson for all riders, especially new ones. It's a good idea to have basic tools on hand when you head out under the seat. Couple bucks of tools can save you a tow where you could've easily fixed it or a bandaid solution to get professional help. I know tomorrow morning before I head out I'll be making a quick trip to crappy tire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I don't stop unless I'm asked. If there's sign of distress I will not be stopping. Yes to the helmet on the ground, but it should be 10 or so feet behind the bike on the side of the road. That way it gives more time for someone to safely slow down and pull over.

Back
Top Bottom