Difficulty of Chain / Sprocket replacement. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Difficulty of Chain / Sprocket replacement.

Thanks! Just bought everything.

EK chain at Fortnine with front sprocket
Rear sprocket from Amazon as per your lin

appreciate the help everyone!
you probabaly want to loosen the sprocket's nut before removing the wheel as those are probably have loctite applied to them.

as for cleaner, i use Kerosense and Dupont chain saver as lubricant

you probabaly want to loosen the sprocket's nut before removing the wheel as those are probably have loctite applied to them.

as for cleaner, i use Kerosense and Dupont chain saver as lubricant
For the life of me I could not get that front sprocket nut to loosen the first time using pry bars, so I’m glad I had a compressor.

For the life of me I could not get that front sprocket nut to loosen the first time using pry bars, so I’m glad I had a compressor.
I loosen that nut while the chain is on and use the rear brake to hold everything. I dont like the force going back into the gearbox. It may not matter but I think my way is easier on the bike.

I went through hell trying to get those nut out, was praying not to strip the hex bolt as my cbr250 has a hex bolt and nut on the back.

Since this thread is active I have two more questions:
1. How/what do you use to clean off the muck/old grease off the bike?
2. I’m sorry in advance….I’m an idiot and only bought 2L of 10w50 oil….now I can’t find Lucas 10w50. Will my motor be messed if I toss in 1L of 10w40 (same or diff brand) as that is much easier to find.
Top it off with whatever not going to matter.

Sent using a thumb maybe 2

How/what do you use to clean off the muck/old grease off the bike?

Until recently, I was using mineral spirits on the recommendation of a friend. Plus, it was dirt cheap at Walmart ($12/4L), but they stropped carrying it. Now I'm using WD40. It's a great degreaser and doesn't smell awful. The remaining WD40 film can be washed of with dish soap if you want it squeaky clean.

Before you buy it check first where your bike speed senor is located , Engine or Wheel
From what I read so far....
The speedo healer will correct the bike speed if the speed sensor is located in the engine. You just programmed the speedo unit to the sprocket size
If speed is measured at the wheel then changing sprocket size would not throw off the speedometer only the tire size will.

another thing - resale - My R6 displays higher speed and in turn putting in more km on the clock than it actually covered - bad for resale
A correct speed will display the correct km - good for resale

Sport bike track gear sells both the harness and speedo unit in a bundle - much cheaper if you find way to get it to Canada

Baysideperformance sell the speedo unit and harness separately plus tax plus shipping

another thing - resale - My R6 displays higher speed and in turn putting in more km on the clock than it actually covered - bad for resale
A correct speed will display the correct km - good for resale
How far will it let you heal? If your speedometer reads half, you know how fast you're going but your resale is even better.

How far will it let you heal? If your speedometer reads half, you know how fast you're going but your resale is even better.
I don't have one so I don't know.
I was thinking about changing my front sprocket to one teeth down but I will leave it as it is for now since I'm beginner track rider. Trying to get some days in. Did 3 so far 2 with KWS and 1 at TMP- so much fun and the organizers are great!

I'm curious, why are you using 10w-50 oil in a bike where the manual calls for 10w-30.
That is a good question. I think I was using 10W-40 before as I couldn’t find the 10-30 and just stuck with it.

Then for some reason I put in 10-50. I’ll move back to 10-40 at the end of the season the that oil change.

That is a good question. I think I was using 10W-40 before as I couldn’t find the 10-30 and just stuck with it.

Then for some reason I put in 10-50. I’ll move back to 10-40 at the end of the season the that oil change.
Hahaha. That may be one of the worst excuses I have heard. How was 10W-30 hard to find? You wanted Lucas? You're probably down a few hp running 50.

Hahaha. That may be one of the worst excuses I have heard. How was 10W-30 hard to find? You wanted Lucas? You're probably down a few hp running 50.
Can’t remember honestly but remember having difficulty finding it at CT anyway. Regardless I’ll rectify the situation.

A fellas got ta use the Shell Rotella. It's got a lot more vitamins and dinosaurs in'er. And zinc.

That's waaay too much. Perfect.

I usually get my stuff from Riders Choice, but its the Motul stuff

Back
Top Bottom