Did you vote? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Did you vote?

Did you vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wingboy

Site Supporter
Let's see how many active members went to the polls. With 33,278 members were should get a pretty good number. But my guess is we don't break 1,000.

Let's see how many active members went to the polls. With 33,278 members were should get a pretty good number. But my guess is we don't break 1,000.
Probably won't bother this time my current riding goes conservative by a huge margin every time and there are no decent choices to even vote for IMHO.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

No

out west working
didn't have the interest level to organize an early ballot
so I'll shut my pie-hole about federal politics

going to be an interesting day
and may actually be a few days until we see who forms a gov

Voted last Sunday

Can't complain if you didn't vote. Why would I give up one of my favourite things?

Probably won't bother this time my current riding goes conservative by a huge margin every time and there are no decent choices to even vote for IMHO.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Decline your vote...that at least tells someone that there’s no useful choice.

Can't complain if you didn't vote. Why would I give up one of my favourite things?
we're in a free country, we can always complain! I'd like to complain about the subpar choices we have.

and im voting (in 15 minutes actually) but i gotta say, the choices and views offered are ******

My current riding was decided by something like 86 votes in the last federal election. It is nice to be in a riding where votes really do matter and effect the outcome of the race. My old riding was always a landslide victory so meh.

When I lived in KW there was a riding that was decided by a literal handful of votes. I went and voted a few minutes ago. No excuses to not vote, even if no party exactly represents your views. Pick one that's the closest and then contact your local people to make your views heard. My friend is in Paris and managed to sort out how to vote, and it's mandated for you to be given time to vote during the day.

and it's mandated for you to be given time to vote during the day.
Sort of. The rule is you need three consecutive hours to vote while the polls are open. My poll hours are 9:30 to 21:30. So if you start work before 12:30 and end after 18:30, the employer is required to allow you to take time off (and pay you but the employer gets to decide when the time off occurs). For most people, their work hours are such that this rule won't apply. As with everything there are exceptions, consult the detailed information

FAQ - Time off to vote - Elections Canada

Sort of. The rule is you need three consecutive hours to vote while the polls are open. My poll hours are 9:30 to 21:30. So if you start work before 12:30 and end after 18:30, the employer is required to allow you to take time off (and pay you but the employer gets to decide when the time off occurs). For most people, their work hours are such that this rule won't apply. As with everything there are exceptions, consult the detailed information

FAQ - Time off to vote - Elections Canada
Correct. However, if you don't have 3 hours you're not at work and the polls are open, then how can you not take the 10 minutes to swing by? Or, if you're aware you're going to be busy, then advance voting would have been a smart option. Of course, there are exceptions (people have family emergencies, their car explodes, etc.) but generally speaking it's possible for the vast majority of people to vote. People will find an excuse if they want to.

I voted on Thanksgiving Monday - not too busy, and bypassed the line-ups I typically see on election day.

Correct. However, if you don't have 3 hours you're not at work and the polls are open, then how can you not take the 10 minutes to swing by? Or, if you're aware you're going to be busy, then advance voting would have been a smart option. Of course, there are exceptions (people have family emergencies, their car explodes, etc.) but generally speaking it's possible for the vast majority of people to vote. People will find an excuse if they want to.
I was just clarifying as some people think that their employer must give them paid time off to vote (and I know some that think they should get the full three hours paid while they vote and then screw around for the remaining time). Some people think it is the employers role to provide this incentive to get them to vote and that is entirely incorrect logic.

For most people, I think three hours is a strange length of time to vote. In my experience, from showing up at the location to leaving has always been 15 minutes or less. That leaves well over an hour for travel each way (which I doubt most people would do) or well over two hours to travel to work if you vote before or after (again, probably not representative of the commute experienced by the vast majority especially those working 12:30 to 18:30).

As far as advance voting, I wasn't impressed it was on thanksgiving weekend. That is probably one of the biggest travel weekends of the year and many people are nowhere near home. I think that should have been the week before (or at least shifted it to include thursday or tuesday when most people are home again).

Voted by mail from site. I’d like to hope my ballot gets to Ottawa by noon today....doubtful as it left BC on Friday. $22 priority mail damnit!

Back
Top Bottom