Daylight savings time | GTAMotorcycle.com

Daylight savings time

Oven: Turn off clock display

Luddites? Took me 5 minutes to reset the oven, microwave, living room clock, and alarm clock (timed it). The alarm took the bulk of it on account of having to sit there and cycle through 23 hrs. The clock in the truck takes 15 seconds. Cycle through menu to hours and tap down button once.

Our old clock radio and the house thermostat are the worst. Everything else is pretty straightforward including the cars and bike.

However my body clock takes the longest to adjust.
Since I don't typically ride b/w now and the next time change...don't even bother with the bike anymore! Which reminds me...need to put it on the battery tender.

My wrist watch is the worst. Tiny little buttons, push and hold, next button, push X times, go through the menu etc.

The computers and smartphone sort themselves out. Stove and microwave are done. The clock radio that was a pain to adjust (setting it back and hour meant cycling forward 23 hours) broke and went out in the trash a few months ago, so it isn't a problem any more. Forgot to do the car yesterday but it's easy. The clocks in the van and on the bikes stay on UTC-4 all year because they're hardly used in winter.

Meh. I'm good with the extra hour for it to warm up outside before I hop on the bike after the Moto2 race is finished ...

My wrist watch is the worst. Tiny little buttons, push and hold, next button, push X times, go through the menu etc.
My wrist watches are easy. I use them so seldom the batteries die and I need new batteries every couple years.

I may just buy a watch opening kit to replace the batteries myself.

Only batteries never died are my 2 CASIO watches. The old school ones.

E6AC7047-A323-43B2-A9E0-275017009C5D.jpeg

That’s exactly what I’m looking for. Thanks @Gary
Are they all screw backs? Using the tool like gary's be very careful to keep it level and put a lot of pressure down. If it slips, it scratches the hell out of the back/case/band depending on where it goes. It they're press backs, you need something similar to a spudger to open them and ideally a case press to close them again.

View attachment 52123
Trip down memory lane for sure.
I remember those days in school where all the rich kids would wear these humongous Casio watches with all these remote control and IR messaging capabilities.
This was just before or around the time the G-shock series was released.

DSCF1994.0.0.1435566656.0.jpg

Watch self adjusts and so does the phone just the kitchen appliances which are always wrong anyway. Apparently the watch check in daily and fixes it self anywhere in the world.
50ef33807b2d36b996f063157663d118.jpg

Sent using a thumb maybe 2

My wrist watches are easy. I use them so seldom the batteries die and I need new batteries every couple years.

I may just buy a watch opening kit to replace the batteries myself.

View attachment 52123

Holy cow, 6 watches?? If I ever need to know what time it is, I know who to call!

Back
Top Bottom