Damon motorcycles | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Damon motorcycles

As long as they also have a kick ass decibel sound system so everyone can hear my reving at starbucks.

In all seriousness, I don't see this happening anytime soon as I know how hard is to raise money for any Canadian venture. Unless this is a pet project of some billionaire type, it would be very hard to scale to market. These are not the days of garage inventors who can by sheer will and luck can bring a mass product to market. I wish them all the luck and I hope they do bring it, as it would bring the price of components and the overall bikes in the long run. Plug and play battery pack would be neato.

Nanaimo blue, Muskoka green, Prairie sunset...n+1

IDK, maybe insurance rates being determined like 95% off of engine size will work to our advantage in this case
If they follow the standard EV approach of identical hardware with a software limited power, pricing them will be interesting. I suspect the fleet size will be small enough for quite a while that EV bikes catch the rate of the worst-case variant. It's not as simple as the old days where they can look after a crash and see that you put an 1100 engine in a 750 bike.

Very niche hypersport / supersport EV market. Why not select a MC class that appeals to a wider audience / insurance firms...

See post #20 in this very thread.

This is a *little* more than vaporware; they do have a couple of prototypes running around ... but it would sure be nice to see more than a glitzy website to show for it. They need more production engineers and fewer PR people and website designers ...

I'm not at all surprised at the delay. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it isn't the last one. Getting the tooling ordered, built, commissioned, and production-ready takes a year give or take ... and I've seen no evidence that they've started. It's one thing to have a building. It's quite another to know what you're going to put into that building.

Maybe following in teslas footsteps? They started with the roadster
Even Tesla was smarter. They started with an existing rolling chassis and added their magic. Starting from scratch, making everything yourself and trying to make it a self-driving transformer sets up a huge wall that they may not make it over.

Even Tesla was smarter. They started with an existing rolling chassis and added their magic. Starting from scratch, making everything yourself and trying to make it a self-driving transformer sets up a huge wall that they may not make it over.
Walk before you can run type of deal. Sure there are less restrictions to starting from scratch but then there are so many unknowns lol

Not sure how collaborative their orgs are, but IIRC the creative director at Damon used to be from F9. I couldnt see him agree to this.

More like "He explained that it was difficult to impossible to get the actual HyperFighter"

"That is very unfortunate," Giraud said of the Ducati footage. He explained that it was difficult to impossible to get video of the actual HyperFighter because of the weather and the lack of a race track with charging facilities in the Vancouver area, where Damon is based. So the video producer used the royalty-free footage of the Streetfighter.

I wonder if the Ducati bits were stuck in there as placeholder content, and then somebody got impatient and published it as is. IDK, I don't how this actually works professionally - I guess if that were the case you would probably watermark the whole video with "NOT FOR RELEASE" or "DO NOT PUBLISH"

I think I'll stick to the old internal combustion mill
I will as well for as long as possible. I'm sure one day battery/motor/ range/recharge tech will make it impossible to overlook electric. My e-mountain bike has convinced me to be open minded.

cancelling my Damon reservation. They said January delivery but no update or anything. Put reservation on 2022 Duc V4
Jan 2022?

Wow. Have they even broke ground on the plant in Surrey BC?

Like others have said, i have not seen anything close to a pre-prod for anyone to demo

Jan 2022?

Wow. Have they even broke ground on the plant in Surrey BC?

Like others have said, i have not seen anything close to a pre-prod for anyone to demo
I think they have broken ground but building wont be ready for many months. Then they need to build an assembly line. Then they need to build bikes. Maybe 2024?

I am leaving mine for now. I have spotted a number of features in the latest prototypes that look more production ready, the remaining stuff is easy, and I know they are building a production plant...but I think start of production will be 2023 assuming they survive.

They run the risk of big players entering the market. If Triumph or Ducati get something on the foreseeable horizon first, they're toast.

I want to see production fixtures and tooling.

Back
Top Bottom