Daily sports car? | Page 73 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Daily sports car?

Get one before luxury tax fires up, if that matters.
That will probably get sidestepped. Easy enough on a boat, split the purchase into shell/furnishings and art (and power if needed). On a car I am interested to see how the game is played. Paying luxury tax on the "market adjustment" will really heat up a lot of buyers. Do you end up with two invoices, as-is for 99K on one and dealer prep, certification and tuning/modifying (airy fairy terms that are hard to dispute value on) for 35K on another?

That will probably get sidestepped. Easy enough on a boat, split the purchase into shell/furnishings and art (and power if needed). On a car I am interested to see how the game is played. Paying luxury tax on the "market adjustment" will really heat up a lot of buyers. Do you end up with two invoices, as-is for 99K on one and dealer prep, certification and tuning/modifying (airy fairy terms that are hard to dispute value on) for 35K on another?
Skirting the system is always at the forefront when this stuff happens.
I heard freight & pdi, a/c tax etc all counts. So, if over a hundo, tax that's taxed will be taxed.

Call me old and nostalgic but the newest rendition of the Z, Supra, and that BRZ thingy don’t impress me at all. I’d be more interested reading a 90’s shootout between the 300ZX, Supra, and Stealth/3000GT.

Call me old and nostalgic but the newest rendition of the Z, Supra, and that BRZ thingy don’t impress me at all. I’d be more interested reading a 90’s shootout between the 300ZX, Supra, and Stealth/3000GT.

ahhhh, the old 300Z, when Nissan was "good" Supra was a boat. Mitz was too heavy

Uncles bought 2x3000GTs to take to Poland back in 1996.

Those cars were / are beasts. One is still registered here in the US at Mitsubishi wasn’t in Canada at the time.

They were trying to buy them back from previous buyers but the guys wanted way too much money. Beautiful cars.

I had a 300zx Stillen way back then, not much could touch it, had a ball embarrassing my M3 and AMG workmates. And I reminded them of the extra $35k that I didn't have to spend.

It would be a sloth by today's standards. A late model 4 banger turbo Camaro could eat a 300zx for lunch.

I had a 300zx Stillen way back then, not much could touch it, had a ball embarrassing my M3 and AMG workmates. And I reminded them of the extra $35k that I didn't have to spend.

It would be a sloth by today's standards. A late model 4 banger turbo Camaro could eat a 300zx for lunch.
I would still love a 300zx to take to a car meet every once in a while, and cruise through lake shore on the odd weekend. Obviousely if you find a good low milage one, it shouldn't be a daily.

If it were about speed, nothing beats super sport bikes in terms of speed/value.

So tempting.......

I laughed a little, sorry....

thought of you guys when I saw this today....

Good ole GM....

I laughed a little, sorry....

thought of you guys when I saw this today....

Good ole GM....

The high school kid filled it with 87.
And there's this from the link:

Furthermore, he said that of the roughly 20,000 supercharged LT4 variants of the Gen V small-block V-8 the company has sold to date—in the C7 Corvette Z06, Cadillac CTS-V, Camaro ZL1, and now the CT5-V Blackwing and Escalade V—ours is the first and only such failure.

I like how he paid 182k for a car sticker of 113k.

Let’s assume the 182 is tax in v the 113…still a large premium for a paperweight.

Plus this is rare. Just big news because it’s the new Vette. Every manufacturer has lemons.

Back
Top Bottom