Daily sports car? | Page 33 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Daily sports car?

Would it have been cheaper to have a small bike around for 6 years to keep the history active?
No idea, but very likely. My last busa cost $860 / yr. FJR will be $2200 and it's a sport tourer. Busa was SS......eeeeeks.
Deal is still in limbo.

Similar but no.
That is a Factory five roadster built using a Mustang donor car.
Factory Five is the Walmart replica. Very well sorted out and reliable kits and the most affordable. Also great support network & on line comunity.
This car looks to be an average ish build.
306 is a ford 302 bored out. T5 is a five speed mustang trans
you can see it still has 4 bolt hubs which would limit wheel selection.
Also a few other things. The earlier factory five cars had an odd shape to the rear fenders and trunk although I think that was rectified in the 4th gen bodies.
There are better cars for the same or just a bit more coin. That said if its cheaper than that stay away Unless your just looking for the starting point to a project.
Another thing I would look for is a car that has some miles.
Cars with ultra low mileage could indicate that the car is **** to drive or has mechanical issues. With these cars mileage is a good thing it shows the car is usable.
The best names in Replicas would be Shelby them selves, Kirkham, Superformance, Back draft racing.

My car is a Johnex which was a Canadian car builder.
351 Windsor block with built internals now 392ci stroked making roughly 450 to 500hp, Tko 5spd trans.
The Chassis was built in Newmarket in CSC racing’s shop.
Johnex cars had a pretty good reputation but the company struggled.
There Was one on Kijiji recently a red one.
I would take this over the orange one and just replace the dash.
Great write up, thanks Clutt. Boo to the 427 badges. I hate poser cars. That could be fixed easily enough though.

Great write up, thanks Clutt. Boo to the 427 badges. I hate poser cars. That could be fixed easily enough though.

I agree on the badges. When building mine I choose the Powered by ford badge that actually came on the older 289 Cobra.
I did use a Cobra badge on my steering wheel to cover over an ugly logo on the wheel. I also never make claims of it being anything other than a loosely based replica.
Although on the originals some say the 427 badging did not refer to the engine but that the body was the 427 Cobra body. As many if not most street cars actually had the 428 engine and not the 427 side oiler competition engines.

Ouch. Note to c8 buyers, lift from jack points. The typical pinch weld locations are no bueno.

C8-Corvette-Falls-Off-Lift.jpg

Not cool. On a related note, I finally saw one of these in person and that rear end is a huge turn off. ?

Ouch. Note to c8 buyers, lift from jack points. The typical pinch weld locations are no bueno.

C8-Corvette-Falls-Off-Lift.jpg
There's a gathering of C8's happening today if anyone is around (or cares) at GM hq in Oshawa.......12:30pm.

What’s the group opinion on a 2005-2007 Mustang GT?

I keep looking at the 2 series....but there’s something about a burbling V8 that whispers and these seem to fall into the price range of a toy car.

I keep looking at the 2 series....but there’s something about a burbling V8 that whispers and these seem to fall into the price range of a toy car.
Theres a pic from a few days ago of a mustang in brampton. Wet roads. Parked in someone's garage. They went through the doors and center column. Dont be that guy. :)

Theres a pic from a few days ago of a mustang in brampton. Wet roads. Parked in someone's garage. They went through the doors and center column. Dont be that guy. :)
Wouldn't be my first RWD. Although the last one was a 2010 V6 Genesis 6MT. Great car.

Good cars. Won’t cost you a fortune to own. It’s really just normal maintenance and replacing wear items. Now, I don’t really enjoy the 4.6 V8 cars. Not really all that exciting to drive. Different ball game with the 2011 and newer 5.0.

If the budget says 2005-2007 Mustang then personally I would keep looking for a 235. If you can spring for a 2011-up 5.0 I would go that direction and try to find one with a performance package.

The S197 Mustang was a huge improvement over the Fox body. Any mechanic that's any good can work on them (it's a Ford) and there are tons of upgrade parts if you choose to do that. I drove a friend's S197 Mustang that had the Roush supercharger kit on it ... that was interesting.

It's not really a "sports" car, though. It's a "sporty" car and it might be a "muscle" car. It drives like a big, heavy-ish car with numb-ish steering. I actually like another friend's Chrysler 300C SRT8 more. That also drives like a big, heavy car with numb steering ... but it's more comfortable ... and it's a sleeper. No one knows it has 500-ish horsepower unless they happen to notice that badge ... or they get their butt kicked.

I’m a mustang guy. Love them. Drove a 2007 GT convertible for a summer but it was an auto box. It was a riot.

However, it’s not a sports car. It has a back seat. It’s small but it’s there. It fun. It sounds great. And cruises the highway nicely.

But I’d take a MX5 over one just because it drives better and more fun in the twisties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^
I really liked the GT fastback

8 cylinders for under 40k is nice but the insurance for it was insane :(

I was getting quoted 3500 - 4000 before adding on my bike. I live outside of the GTA and 1 minor ticket. Oh well

The Mustang is bang-for-the-buck.
The handling may not be as aspirational as the Miata or BRZ or a 3-series. But it has decent "muscle", cruises well, maintenace-wise easy on the pocket and it doubles as a daily driver.
I have not seen Miata's on the road during winter.

Had some time this morning to get some insurance quotes:

2017 230ixdrive - $1650/year
2017 M235 - $1740/year
2007 MX-5 - $575/year (liability only due to age)

Back
Top Bottom