Daily sports car? | Page 31 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Daily sports car?

Rick Hendrick paid too much for vin 00001.
I'd rather not meet whoever over pays for this one.
$3M...but apparently the money's going to charity...so not a total loss. And it's a Children's Hospital. I'd say that's a good cause. I'd never ever pay that much for any car, but I'm a normal person.

Using vin 001 to determine price of average car is ridiculous. It like saying I have a 68 Mustang that’s worth 3.4 mil because the original bullet Mustang sold for that.

That 2020 vette is going to depreciate like a rock as soon as they are plentiful which shouldn’t be much longer. That guy is trying to get as much out of it as he can from the I had mine first crowd.
As some have said above the Z06 is definitely the lowest depreciating of the Corvettes. The Zr1 being the most desirable. I still believe the Grand sport to be the best car. Although the C7 roof is removable I believe. That means a lot to me, I’ve always preferred top less toys but that is my opinion.

Unless they're higher end cars made in limited amounts, in a couple years they'll probably sell them below msrp brand new.
Just like hellcats and c7s, when they first came out so much hype. 1-2 years later and the market is flooded with used ones and the dealers giving deals on new ones. Like the old v8 r8s, the c8s will be nice used deals in like 3 years esp in the US market

Corvettes rarely hold much of their value. It's a chevy and affordable to many. Buddy of mine bought a Z06 about 10 years ago. Was disappointed the only heads the car turned was 50+ year old men.

Corvettes rarely hold much of their value. It's a chevy and affordable to many. Buddy of mine bought a Z06 about 10 years ago. Was disappointed the only heads the car turned was 50+ year old men.
Haha. If someone wants to pick up any moms, they can borrow the mini.

They go nuts for the mini. They are less excited by how bumpy and loud it is when you are in it.

Miss my 2008 Nightfire red Mini Cooper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I toured the Bowling Green Corvette museum it was indeed mostly 50+ year old guys in there touring and picking up their new cars.
You'd have much better luck impressing the ladies if you get a Miata (actually 1. Jeep 2. Pickup truck 3. Small sports car, in that order according to my wife).

Your not wrong
They are fairly common so they don’t turn heads. We would laugh when dad had his new vette back in 2007 he would head out on a cruise in it, with me in a clapped out 72 vette behind him and nobody even noticed the new vette. But the old beater got all the attention.
That said if your in it for driving experience and not looks than they are a terrific car.

If you want looks I highly recommend a Shelby Cobra Replica. It’s like lightning your hair on fire and running through a Walmart. It’s also loud, smelly, rough, and horribly uncomfortable. But it was a dream since I was a little kid and built as a father son project with my dad. So long after the practical toy cars are gone she’s still here.

When I toured the Bowling Green Corvette museum it was indeed mostly 50+ year old guys in there touring and picking up their new cars.
You'd have much better luck impressing the ladies if you get a Miata (actually 1. Jeep 2. Pickup truck 3. Small sports car, in that order according to my wife).

I’ve met your wife and I’ve seen your car.
She obviously has a thing for bikes

If you want looks I highly recommend a Shelby Cobra Replica. It’s like lightning your hair on fire and running through a Walmart. It’s also loud, smelly, rough, and horribly uncomfortable. But it was a dream since I was a little kid and built as a father son project with my dad. So long after the practical toy cars are gone she’s still here.
Ever since I saw your previous post about that replica you and your dad built I can't stop thinking about how to get started on that build. I've been looking at donor cars first and then use that while I build the funds to buy the kit. Good thing is that model of GT as a donor isn't all that difficult to find, plenty out there.

Ever since I saw your previous post about that replica you and your dad built I can't stop thinking about how to get started on that build. I've been looking at donor cars first and then use that while I build the funds to buy the kit. Good thing is that model of GT as a donor isn't all that difficult to find, plenty out there.
Are you stuck on a cobra? A lotus 7 would be an awesome toy too. Doesn't sound as good, but probably a little bit happier as a driver (although neither has a roof so not that happy).

Back
Top Bottom