Daily sports car? | Page 20 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Daily sports car?

OK, but they\re gonna kick Honda's *** right out of the gate. The car will go faster, stop quicker, and be 1/3rd the price of an NSX -- and it will also get more chicks.

I don't think "chicks" care about cars anymore.

There's a price (of over a grand cdn) for Museum delivery for checking that free box on the Corvette.
When new, the C7 can only spin up tp 4000rpm for the 1st 1300km (800m). After that (and an oil change) it's cut loose, and the red line physically moves to 6000 and change. I know Triumph has this feature too.
I'm wondering (but not enough to google) if the new NSX has this system too?
If yes, that just sucks the fun right out of the testing track ride.

GM offers an engine build option. You pay them near 6 grand US, haul your arse to their engine plant, and get a somewhat hands on while the engine get put together. Having retired from building cars, they couldn't pay me to take part.

Enjoy your nsx Sunny!

Last edited:
I'm wondering (but not enough to google) if the new NSX has this system too?
If yes, that just sucks the fun right out of the testing track ride.

Enjoy your nsx Sunny!

I'm not sure, I'll let you know after I set up a GTAM go fund me page to help me buy one.

Thanks for your insights on the vette and such, its a hoot to get a rise out of the folks on this forum, but master Gary is all class all the way.

Enjoy your C7/C8 Gary!

I don't think "chicks" care about cars anymore.

Unless their over 60 they especially don't care about Corvettes.
Friend of mine purchased a Z06 a while back. He was so disappointed that the only people that noticed his new ride were old guys giving thumbs up.

No C8 in my future. I'm not a fan.
If I could sell mine today, I would. (You'd look good in it)
That'll free up some space for a new bike.
Why would you sell the one you have? Not a fan?

No C8 in my future. I'm not a fan.
If I could sell mine today, I would. (You'd look good in it)
That'll free up some space for a new bike.

@Gary

What year and colour scheme? And auto or 6 speed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Gary
What year and colour scheme? And auto or 6 speed?

Z06 / Z07
3LZ.
White ext / Kalahari int.
Every GM factory Corvette option, with three exceptions:
1) no painted calipers (they're silver)
2) ext mirrors are white (car colour)
3) auto transmission missing (It's a 7speed manual)

Maxed out in oem carbon fibre, inside & out.
Carbon ceramic brakes.
Performance data recorder.
Cup 2 tires switched to Pilot SS.
Competition seats, etc, etc.
9,000kms at the moment.

I might consider entertaining trades. GSX1300R, or Concours 14 only. Nothing older than 2017, and NO green Connies need apply.

Last edited:
Nice try. Those are all packages you have to pay for (and yeah, $2500 for the cheapest package.....).

Corvette has the same experience on their own track beside the plant btw........starting at $220.

As a new owner of a Corvette, you're entitled to a much better experience at Spring Mountain with Ron Fellows, and you get to tear up their car, instead of your own.
Performance Driving Schools - Racing Schools - Motorsports Country Club | Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch

Last edited:
Why would you sell the one you have? Not a fan?
I only bought it because I was too sick to ride.
The dr gave me a 50/50 chance of surviving (a short period), and I didn't want to "take it $ with me".
Well, I survived, and after 4 yrs on the sidelines, I'm (more than) ready to ride again.
And, in all honesty........riders are more fun to kill time with than high end car owners. I don't fit the bill.
But.....if I didn't like riding, or have it in my dna, this car would be a whole lot better.

I only bought it because I was too sick to ride.
The dr gave me a 50/50 chance of surviving (a short period), and I didn't want to "take it $ with me".
Well, I survived, and after 4 yrs on the sidelines, I'm (more than) ready to ride again.
And, in all honesty........riders are more fun to kill time with than high end car owners. I don't fit the bill.
But.....if I didn't like riding, or have it in my dna, this car would be a whole lot better.
As good a reason as any. Congratulations on your recovery and hopefully you've got many years left! I'd buy the car but way out of my price range lol.

I’m still mulling around for a mid 90s Vette. Drove a 93 ZR1 that was crazy fast in my books for the time I drove it and found it an excellent daily driver.

But it wasn’t practical for my needs.

The MGB is fun around wine country for 3 seasons. Likely keep it but, add a bike or something else. Lol.

Btw Gary. Very nice car.

looking at possibly adding a car to the garage either this year or next, have it narrowed down to either a Porsche 996, because childhood dreams, or E92 M3 because V8.

anyone own either or both and can offer a first hand opinion?

honda s2000 daily driver? probably not as well as my previous rx8 wouldn't drive either in winter lol
Didn't have a single problem in the snow with a set of snow tires. It's gutless at lower revs and basically drives like a Civic.

It looks like you are right 69,998 Canadian for 1LT. Not as shocking but still very well done by GM.

Really? I found it even MORE shocking - the current conversion rate is at least 1.32, which makes it actually cheaper to buy in Canada than the US.

looking at possibly adding a car to the garage either this year or next, have it narrowed down to either a Porsche 996, because childhood dreams, or E92 M3 because V8.

anyone own either or both and can offer a first hand opinion?

Supposedly the M3's engine has a flaw where the rod bearings like to cook themselves at a very high rate. It's considered to be a pretty risky buy.

Supposedly the M3's engine has a flaw where the rod bearings like to cook themselves at a very high rate. It's considered to be a pretty risky buy.

I have an E46 M3 and there was a bearing recall in the early years and I believe a recommendation to change to Castrol TWS 10w60 oil. Over 300,000 kms and going, driven all year round and nothing other than scheduled maintenance.

From what I can tell, there was a similar issue with the early bearing design on the E9x M3. I wouldn't expect any difference in reliability after replacing them:

I have an E46 M3 and there was a bearing recall in the early years and I believe a recommendation to change to Castrol TWS 10w60 oil. Over 300,000 kms and going, driven all year round and nothing other than scheduled maintenance.

From what I can tell, there was a similar issue with the early bearing design on the E9x M3. I wouldn't expect any difference in reliability after replacing them:

[/URL]

I believe it's with all of the V8 M3s (not specific years) and it is a pretty well known issue. It's also not a particularly trivial process to change the bearings out, and you're buying the car assuming no current damage has already been done (causing other components to be scrapped). I haven't heard of a similar level of catastrophic issues with the E46 M3.

Back
Top Bottom