Daily sports car? | Page 17 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Daily sports car?

Sorry, it's a scientific video that explains things I thought would interest, you, more than anyone here.
Best ya wait for some opinionated BS, same way you did when the C7 launched. Ty for not getting into it. ?

Actually. I WAS interested. After the first minute. I couldn't handle listening to that guy any longer.

The new Vette appears to be a decent effort. It took them this long to realize the engine belongs behind the driver in a real super car. Honda had this figured out in 1990 with the NSX on their first try.

Maybe in the next generation the brilliant minds at GM will figure out that AWD and electrification/hybridization is increasingly becoming standard for supercars. ?

Maybe in the next generation the brilliant minds at GM will figure out that AWD and electrification/hybridization is increasingly becoming standard for supercars. ?

If you had have read anything on the car/chassis you'd already know they did.

Actually. I WAS interested. After the first minute. I couldn't handle listening to that guy any longer.

The new Vette appears to be a decent effort. It took them this long to realize the engine belongs behind the driver in a real super car. Honda had this figured out in 1990 with the NSX on their first try.

Funny you say that, the new NSX is a hybrid and it's been a huge FLOP :LOL:

Actually, I may need to retract that. When it first came out it was amazing that Honda could build something at that price that could rival the exotics. I think the biggest reason for the new gen being a flop is that people expected them to do the same again but they priced it too high.

New NSX is very under appreciated imo, off the line its beastly. It's got the same 0-60 as a 911 turbo s and faster then a GTR..

Having driven a GTR on the track, colour me impressed.

EDIT: it may be actually faster then the Porsche as well. :devilish:

Actually, I may need to retract that. When it first came out it was amazing that Honda could build something at that price that could rival the exotics. I think the biggest reason for the new gen being a flop is that people expected them to do the same again but they priced it too high.
Nah, 1st gen was under powered even for the time.

The big deal for it was being the first 'all-aluminum' production car. Imo it still looks great today, hopefully the design goes down in history.

EDIT: it may be actually faster then the Porsche as well. :devilish:

NSX traps low 120s in the 1/4 mile so 0-60 they'd likely be side by side before the 911 turbo s would begin to put car lengths on it

Even the cabriolet version walks it

Motor trend lap times @ Laguna Seca:

2017 Turbo S - 1:33.21
2017 NSX - 1:36.36

Last edited:
NSX traps low 120s in the 1/4 mile so 0-60 they'd likely be side by side before the 911 turbo s would begin to put car lengths on it

Even the cabriolet version walks it

Motor trend lap times @ Laguna Seca:

2017 Turbo S - 1:33.21
2017 NSX - 1:36.36
:cool:

Every review I've read on the NSX to a T says it does everything well.......in a rather bland way. I know someone that daily drives one. Same assessment.

Every review I've read on the NSX to a T says it does everything well.......in a rather bland way. I know someone that daily drives one. Same assessment.
Its a Honda, should be expected at this point.

What will out do this in these price ranges?

Used-2018-PORSCHE-911-GT3-TOURING-4.jpg

9k RPM redline, RWD, 6 speed manual or PDK whichever you prefer
The gt-r, nsx, turbo s etc lack that certain something cars like this have. I guess it's the rwd playfulness and raw engine

The gt-r, nsx, turbo s etc lack that certain something cars like this have. I guess it's the rwd playfulness and raw engine

Yes , Yes and Yes! It's not all about straight line speed. On my second Porsche. There is no substitute. I know , had to say it.

That rawness can be a bother on the street after a while. Give me a Turbo or a Regular C2s and call it good. Save the GT3 for the big dog track day guys.

Yep Id swing for a stick Cayman GT4 or stick 911 GT3 if your buying new.
If you dont mind used and can afford it I would find a 997.2 GT3 RS in stick. These things will be highly sought after in years to come.
The turbo is faster but I will take the lighter high strung naturally aspirated cars I mentioned above.
A friend of mine has a 997.1 GT3 RS and its the best car Ive ever been in by far.

When buying these types of cars, it really depends on what your mission is.

Lets be honest here, majority of supercars purchased, especially around here are driven at "normal" every day speeds.

This is where the NSX, the original and the current model excels. Around town, its as docile and sublime as driving an Accord. Step it up, and its a willing dance partner on the twisties, and ferocious on the Track when needed.

Sounds like the perfect every day sports car for me

When buying these types of cars, it really depends on what your mission is.

Lets be honest here, majority of supercars purchased, especially around here are driven at "normal" every day speeds.

This is where the NSX, the original and the current model excels. Around town, its as docile and sublime as driving an Accord. Step it up, and its a willing dance partner on the twisties, and ferocious on the Track when needed.

Sounds like the perfect every day sports car for me

Most modern exotics are pretty easy to drive at 'normal every day speeds'

What? No zero down, 0% financing? Pffffft.

'It’s hardly a secret that we really like the NSX around here. It’s also not really a secret that Acura is having a hard time moving units of the quick hybrid supercar. In 2018, across the whole year, Acura only managed to sell 170 examples, and despite a revamp for the 2019 model year sales remain slightly soft. Acura really wants to move NSXs that have been piling up, and according to intellichoice, it is offering $20,000 in buying incentives.'

Oh, and Toyota dealers are asking north of $100K for new ($60K) Supras.

Acura wants to move sitting NSXs

Back
Top Bottom