Daily sports car? | Page 16 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Daily sports car?

Start of production is supposed to be "late 2019". C7 production stopped in late June, and they'll need several weeks for retooling and commissioning (the Corvette plant is not a "flex line"!) before production job 1, and it may take a few weeks after that before "run at rate".

Also....Corvettes aren't delivered to Canada from December until April.
The tires (Michelin PSS zp, or Cup2 zp summer only) break if the car is moved in minus temps.

The tires (Michelin PSS zp, or Cup2 zp summer only) break if the car is moved in minus temps.
Really? That seems crazy. I understand grip taking a dump but physical tire damage from rolling a frozen tire is new to me.

Really? That seems crazy. I understand grip taking a dump but physical tire damage from rolling a frozen tire is new to me.

Happens often.
The Cup2's are so soft, the lifespan is ~10000 street kms! They crack in the cold, if moved. At $3k for 4 corners, that's a tough one to choke down.
I had them swapped off mine (Cup 2's standard with Z07 pkg) for PSS's before I took it home. 8,000kms on it, and they still look fine.

Happens often.
The Cup2's are so soft, the lifespan is ~10000 street kms! They crack in the cold, if moved. At $3k for 4 corners, that's a tough one to choke down.
I had them swapped off mine (Cup 2's standard with Z07 pkg) for PSS's before I took it home. 8,000kms on it, and they still look fine.
Means you need to drive them harder @Gary

OK, I'm going to concede here that some people are traditionalists and just don't want to grow. If you don't care about lowering your lap times, then we don't need to talk anymore. I buy my cars with the intent to use them on a track. Being able to driving them on the street is just a side benefit. I don't take my cars for drives just for fun. For that, I ride my bike.

When inevitability self driving cars become faster than drivers on the track will you let your car drive itself since it's faster? Will you even be in the car? Without your weight in it it will be faster.

That might change.

The new "base" corvettes come with "all season" tires. Great for Canada, eh!

and get this. they apparently will have HIGHER GRIP than the last gen Vette with summer tires. Good job Michelin, best tire maker in the world IMO.

The Base 2020 Corvette Comes with All-Season Tires. Here's Why

no manual will be offered on the vette because according to one engineer, "nobody buys them"

Last edited:
The rears are smaller too, down to 305 from 335.
Little doubt if / when the Z06 reappears, it'll have it's own specific tire too....rumours are 1000hp.

Consumer's Report use to be Sunny's be-all-end-all automotive bible, but they gave an unfavourable report on the popcorn maker he endorses online, so...........

Consumer's Report use to be Sunny's be-all-end-all automotive bible, but they gave an unfavourable report on the popcorn maker he endorses online, so...........

Nope not since 1990 when they tried to tell all their readers not to go for the turbo GT mx-6 and instead opt for the LX version secretary express.

Wrote off Them as well as Motor Trend named the whale of a car Chevy caprice LTZ as car of the Year around the same time period. MT was the butt of every other auto mags jokes since then. Lolz

Last edited:
sorry, I don't watch videos from babbling schmo's.

I'll wait for Car and Driver to do a full instrumented test on a production version. I won't get into it, but those guys do it right....

Sorry, it's a scientific video that explains things I thought would interest, you, more than anyone here.
Best ya wait for some opinionated BS, same way you did when the C7 launched. Ty for not getting into it. ?

Last edited:
Back to the C8 for a second, when are they supposed to hit showrooms?

If you mean just to see one in person, at least one dealership in the US already has one of the pre-production models. With Toronto being one of the largest consumer markets in Canada, we will hopefully get one soon:

If you mean just to see one in person,

They are already out there. It's called a Camaro. Just squint a little and voila.

The rear end especially lacks any style and is simply an evolution of the Camaro rear

Back
Top Bottom