Daily sports car? | Page 60 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Daily sports car?

Oh sweet baby Jesus…..thank you for me being not able to afford this….
If we opt to get out of the SUV it’s on my short list. I would love to go EV but can’t sell myself on it due to the lack of infrastructure still.

The Kia Stinger is also on that list, was nice to see it get a big screen update for this year. But I do not like the changes to the rear. 😡

If we opt to get out of the SUV it’s on my short list. I would love to go EV but can’t sell myself on it due to the lack of infrastructure still.

The Kia Stinger is also on that list, was nice to see it get a big screen update for this year. But I do not like the changes to the rear. 😡
My BIL had a sweet M240...I couldn't make the numbers work.

I didn't buy the M235 because I was terrified of an older BMW and the salesguy was a douche...so I wasn't going to give him the money....

And look at me now...Volting all the way!

It's sad they don't come as manuals anymore. I find BMW these days are less ultimate driving machines and more bored housewife pose machines.

Loved that car, those were the old glory Nissan days when they actually made good cars. Maxima, Sentra SE-R, even the "hardbody" Pathfinder back then was a standout vehicle

Their current line up and product is atrocious. The Skyline can only carry them so far.
I agree. I used to be a big Nissan fan, as a kid I remember bombing around in a 510, then a 620 pickup. Later I drove a 95 SMZ, a 2000 Pathfinder, an 05 Q45 -- all excellent cars. In 2013 I traded in the Q45 for an Altima -- that ended my fling with Nissan.

It's sad they don't come as manuals anymore. I find BMW these days are less ultimate driving machines and more bored housewife pose machines.
they do offer manuals in some models. unfortunately the bar for the ultimate experience has moved as DCT/PDK/etc has all surpassed manual inputs.

I agree. I used to be a big Nissan fan, as a kid I remember bombing around in a 510, then a 620 pickup. Later I drove a 95 SMZ, a 2000 Pathfinder, an 05 Q45 -- all excellent cars. In 2013 I traded in the Q45 for an Altima -- that ended my fling with Nissan.

Those 90s Altimas were actually pretty compelling for their time. The early Q45s were amazing as well.

Around the mid 2000s is when Nissan lost their way

Last edited:
I loved the interior of my 1990 300ZX. It and the original NSX's were so timeless they wouldn't look out of place in a brand new car today. Can't say the same at all for the later Z models.

1990_nissan_300zx_1548832284fcd208DSC_0061-1280x853-1024x682.jpg

1990_nissan_300zx_1548832036ff9f98764daDSC_0146-1280x853-1024x682.jpg
One of my customers has one of these that he’s selling very soon.Original owner, low mileage (50k kilometres) never winter driven,Real nice original car in original yellow paint. I’m thinking of offering him $7500-$8000. Any idea what something like that would be worth? It’s the non-turbo manual version.

Shame on BMW. They should be more like McLaren, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Porsche (911 Turbo).

One of my customers has one of these that he’s selling very soon.Original owner, low mileage (50k kilometres) never winter driven,Real nice original car in original yellow paint. I’m thinking of offering him $7500-$8000. Any idea what something like that would be worth? It’s the non-turbo manual version.

I sold mine way back in '95 and haven't kept track, so no idea. Maybe check Kelly Blue Book for the low end, and a Z-car forum for the high end. The condition of your customer's car ticks all the right boxes for a collector, that's for sure.

Considering he is a customer of yours I would let him price the car before you make any offers. Quick way to insult him if he is thinking big numbers and cars like that everyone has a different opinion.

Considering he is a customer of yours I would let him price the car before you make any offers. Quick way to insult him if he is thinking big numbers and cars like that everyone has a different opinion.
Especially now with the COVID premium and every toy skyrocketing in price over the last year.

Only reason the customer may want to sell it is they think they can get premium for it.

I would assume the Turbo version would be the better and more sought after model?

Especially now with the COVID premium and every toy skyrocketing in price over the last year.

Only reason the customer may want to sell it is they think they can get premium for it.

I would assume the Turbo version would be the better and more sought after model?
There would be a significant premium for a Turbo over the N/A version.

However with a manual transmission and 50k km I would expect there to be a pretty good following for the car.

Here's another data point worth checking. I was surprised to see what a Turbo recently sold for.

What you are describing is worth easily 2x what you are thinking. Japanese sports cars from 80s - 90s has been appreciating faster than GTA real estate in the past decade or so. That price range you cited could've got that car a decade ago.

Turbo is more valuable, but a low mileage, local, well maintained N/A is rare, too. Like all of its contemporaries, it harder and harder to find unmolested and unthrashed ones.

One of my colleagues sold his Z32 not too long ago, I can ask him what he sold his for, but his was Turbo, modded, and auto. :oops:

Just ask what they want for it. They may not know the true value, or if they don’t care will sell it for a song.

@Gary

See that king of the hill 95 ZR1 on BaT? Badazz in black. The way God meant it to be.

I'd take that along with my GN-X you gift me.

Last edited:
@Gary

See that king of the hill 95 ZR1 on BaT? Badazz in black. The way God meant it to be.

I'd take that along with my GN-X you gift me.
I love the Buicks, but the C4 never did float my boat.
I'll get you a gnx right after you replace my vet (which I sold at exactly the wrong time).

Someone add alfa romeo quadrifoglio to the top of my list. Forgot all about this car until I saw one yesterday. I’d drive that badass all year round.

Back
Top Bottom