COVID vaccine ‘passport’ | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

COVID vaccine ‘passport’

Status
Not open for further replies.
“We in the World Health Organization do not advocate lockdowns as the primary means of control of this virus,”

You do see the word "primary" in there, right?

This doesn't mean what you seem to be wanting to think it means.

Well, looks like it has happened:

Wonder what ON is going to do regarding this.
Does this mean folks will have to take a vaccine every year (or bi-annually) to keep up with the variants?
Will folks have to get tested every few months to keep this app status valid?

Where will they draw the line concerning this - if they decide to implement something like this here?

That statement does not say they don’t work.
This is why the vid thread was shut .
You do see the word "primary" in there, right?

This doesn't mean what you seem to be wanting to think it means.
Could not find the video where they denounced the lockdowns . After a year of failed lockdowns . You guys still think they work . Locking down healthy people for over a year . Thousands of businesses bankrupt . More lockdown rumored .

As to the word " primary " . That is exactly what Ontario is doing . No iron ring around LTC homes . No second " jabs" for the elderly for 4 months . Instead the government will be giving people the vaccine that don't need it .

Some definitions

Cases - positive cases
Asymptomatic - healthy
Overwhelmed - understaffed
Social distancing -no conspiring
Misinformation -alternative opinion
Covid denier - critical thinker .

No matter as long the US doesn't require BS vaccine passports . I have a place to go for vacation .

This is why the vid thread was shut .

Could not find the video where they denounced the lockdowns . After a year of failed lockdowns . You guys still think they work . Locking down healthy people for over a year . Thousands of businesses bankrupt . More lockdown rumored .

As to the word " primary " . That is exactly what Ontario is doing . No iron ring around LTC homes . No second " jabs" for the elderly for 4 months . Instead the government will be giving people the vaccine that don't need it .

Some definitions

Cases - positive cases
Asymptomatic - healthy
Overwhelmed - understaffed
Social distancing -no conspiring
Misinformation -alternative opinion
Covid denier - critical thinker .

No matter as long the US doesn't require BS vaccine passports . I have a place to go for vacation .

Lockdowns do work when people obey the rules and they are handled properly. See New Zealand and any of the countries that handled the pandemic well.

Lockdowns don’t work when they are implemented in a half ass way and/or Covidiots think the rules don’t apply to them. See Brazil, US and any country that has had a bad COVID death rate

The issue here is that you actually have the proof in front of your eyes as every nation on earth has tried one or more different ways of handling the pandemic. It’s the worlds largest experiment with results coming in daily still. If you choose to ignore what is right in front of your eyes then that’s on you.

I really do hope vaccine passports are implemented as it means when I travel I’ll be less likely to bump into idiots.

After a year of failed lockdowns . You guys still think they work

They do work when they're done properly. Around the world, lockdowns, done properly, have been categorically shown to be effective. It's pretty simple science - you remove the viruses ability to move from person by simply removing that chain of transmission and you dead end it.

The reason they've not worked all that well here in Ontario (and much of North America) is because they were done terribly - especially here in Ontario -when we were in "Lockdown" but you could still go to WalMart (but for one example) to pickup totally non essential crap, to use but one example. These stupid exemptions were everywhere. We all saw them.

Sections of Toronto are currently in the Grey ("Lockdown") zone but driving through any of those areas you certainly wouldn't know it and even in these lame-ass lockdown zones more and more stuff is opening up.

Lockdowns work just fine and are very effective. But what we've had here has been a total joke labeled as a "lockdown" when in reality it's been anything but. A true lockdown should be a closure of everything non essential, including workplaces. You go out to get food, medicine, and medical care. That's it. You don't go to Walmart and browse for an hour to buy some new decorations for the master bedroom, or go wander through Dollarama to buy a new spatula.

And the reason the other thread was shut down again is because you can't seem to leave politics out of the discussion instead of just factually and tactfully discussing the topic at hand.

Let’s see if simple language works...

Virus on its own = not able to replicate. It needs a host.

It's very infectious (way more than flu and new variants even more so) this is how it spreads from one host to another.

Stop it spreading between hosts = stops replicating and thus spreading further

Stop hosts from being close enough for spread = stops virus from replicating

So...tell me how lock downs don't work again?

Lockdowns do work when people obey the rules and they are handled properly. See New Zealand and any of the countries that handled the pandemic well.

Lockdowns don’t work when they are implemented in a half ass way and/or Covidiots think the rules don’t apply to them. See Brazil, US and any country that has had a bad COVID death rate

The issue here is that you actually have the proof in front of your eyes as every nation on earth has tried one or more different ways of handling the pandemic. It’s the worlds largest experiment with results coming in daily still. If you choose to ignore what is right in front of your eyes then that’s on you.

I really do hope vaccine passports are implemented as it means when I travel I’ll be less likely to bump into idiots.
Ya it works great lockdowns every few weeks . Great country to live in .

What you are ignoring is the numbers in Ontario and the failure of protecting LTC homes . Locking down healthy people or people under the age of 60 without core morbidities is just plain stupid .

The people that should have been locked down are the sick not the healthy .

You will bump into idiots everywhere with or without passports . Especially at home In front of your mirror .

I keep posting the link for people to look at the numbers . Get educated as to who is in danger . I know it's tough to think for yourself .

Well, looks like it has happened:

Wonder what ON is going to do regarding this.
Does this mean folks will have to take a vaccine every year (or bi-annually) to keep up with the variants?
Will folks have to get tested every few months to keep this app status valid?

Where will they draw the line concerning this - if they decide to implement something like this here?
Not sure why not implement a test to see if you have the antibodies to the VID . Much better then pumping poison into your body . I predict as more red states open up . People will wake up and ignore the app .

Ya it works great lockdowns every few weeks . Great country to live in .

What you are ignoring is the numbers in Ontario and the failure of protecting LTC homes . Locking down healthy people or people under the age of 60 without core morbidities is just plain stupid .

The people that should have been locked down are the sick not the healthy .

You will bump into idiots everywhere with or without passports . Especially at home In front of your mirror .

I keep posting the link for people to look at the numbers . Get educated as to who is in danger . I know it's tough to think for yourself .

So..we are a year in...do you still not understand that people not at risk can be hosts, aid in replicating the virus and then transmit that virus to someone else who is at risk who may not actually know they are at risk until they catch the virus?

I'm just wondering if we are in the no-armed man attempting to play tennis territory here? It doesn’t matter how many serves you give him, he’s never going to be able to send that ball back.

Edit: new variants are increasingly affecting younger and younger people. I take it you know that too right?

I have a better idea for the next pandemic....if we lock all the idiots that don’t understand how infectious diseases work onto a boat and float it in the middle of Lake Ontario for a few months...lockdowns will work properly and the virus will die down much quicker and we could get back to normal faster.

I have a better idea for the next pandemic....if we lock all the idiots that don’t understand how infectious diseases work onto a boat and float it in the middle of Lake Ontario for a few months...lockdowns will work properly and the virus will die down much quicker and we could get back to normal faster.
They'd have a medical exemption letter at the ready for such unfair treatment.

The problem with this argument is that everyone is right.

Lockdowns are a good short term solution. But you need to actually lock down.
If you lock down and let the borders leak, then you might as well not lock down, if the plan was to wipe out the virus.
If you lock down the GTA, and everyone drives up to Vaughan to shop, because it's still open, then you might as well not lock down.
If the mayors/Premier locks down the GTA, and the feds let planes land at YYZ, and passengers aren't tested, and isolated, then . . .
If you lock down the GTA and riders, decide that travelling to B.C. is a good thing to do during a boring lock down, then . . .

NZ is a special case, because they're a small island, and they locked down everything at once.

If we had enough vaccine now to give everyone the shot(s) within the specified period, then a short term lockdown while we did that, wouldn't be such a big deal.

There have been a few lively discussions lately that for some reason turn into nothing more than insults. While we all have our own opinions, lets remember, other people have theirs too. Let's continue to keep GTAM a place for sharing knowledge, ideas and discussions. And if it's not motorcycle related, please put it in romper room!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom