COVID and the housing market | Page 131 | GTAMotorcycle.com

COVID and the housing market

friends just moved into new to them house, kitchen is enormous and beautiful dark cherry cabinets. The owner/builder had a cabinet company and did his kitchen to the tits. New owners are gutting the kitchen to go 'white' , new countertops because the granite was dark. and since the kitchen is coming out , all new appliances. Estimate is $140k , flooring is staying.
The house is 5 yrs old.

friends just moved into new to them house, kitchen is enormous and beautiful dark cherry cabinets. The owner/builder had a cabinet company and did his kitchen to the tits. New owners are gutting the kitchen to go 'white' , new countertops because the granite was dark. and since the kitchen is coming out , all new appliances. Estimate is $140k , flooring is staying.
The house is 5 yrs old.
Happens often. If you had the space and time, collect some of the castoffs and then design/build a house to fit the kitchen/bathrooms/walk in closets that you have in storage.

everything is interconnected in 2021, what happens in china will ripple worldwide

Their mortgage housing system is way way way different. The CCP may bail them out in a non-western fashion....

The house is 5 yrs old.

It's nice to have money and get what you want.

You're buying a burger combo for $10 and want cheese and bacon for another dollar. Do it.

If you were buying a $20 K bike would it be unreasonable to pay 10% more ($22 K) to get it with the colour , tires and saddle you really want?

So you buy a $1.5 M house and spend another 10% to get it the way you want it.

It's only money.I worked on a condo downtown and the suites didn't have kitchen layouts. Prices started at 4 million and the buyers weren't going to let some else tell them what their kitchen was going to look like.

It's the seller kicking themselves for spending the money on renos that didn't matter.

I’m hoping I’m wrong but the local agent SNOBAR is buying and flipping houses for himself in our area. Buys them, does his own flip, and sells them…the perfect racket.

His cars parked right in front of the flipper house and looks like he’s guiding the build.

I’m hoping I’m wrong but the local agent SNOBAR is buying and flipping houses for himself in our area. Buys them, does his own flip, and sells them…the perfect racket.

His cars parked right in front of the flipper house and looks like he’s guiding the build.
Why would you be wrong? The politicians have spoken. Housing is an investment first and happens to be a place to live for some people. Agent is maximizing his returns and doing nothing illegal (on the surface, who knows what his tax filings look like).

The house is 5 yrs old.
A nice subdivision house in barrie recently sold for 2M (near but not on the water). New owner is tearing out all floors and the entire kitchen and replacing them prior to moving in. This is Barrie not Oakville. Holy crap. I guess the new owner is aiming for 3M soon enough.

Couple friends have moved Barrie way, waterfront 'affordable', great marina options, downhill skiing next door, fantastic cycling , nice motor biking and not the gap toothed yokels that used to live north of #7 .

My real estate gal down here has 4 oakville houses now, the one she lives in , 2 rentals she bought under market which work great as a rental not a primary house, and guess what ?? a decade later the under market houses went up $800k anyway! She just picked up another in the builders 'pre sale' for industry people, yeah thats a thing. The mortgage brokers set up a tent, the agents and other industry folks get first look and ever bodies back gets scratched .
It only looks dooochy when you cant get invited in, once your in its just business.

Couple friends have moved Barrie way, waterfront 'affordable', great marina options, downhill skiing next door, fantastic cycling , nice motor biking and not the gap toothed yokels that used to live north of #7 .

My real estate gal down here has 4 oakville houses now, the one she lives in , 2 rentals she bought under market which work great as a rental not a primary house, and guess what ?? a decade later the under market houses went up $800k anyway! She just picked up another in the builders 'pre sale' for industry people, yeah thats a thing. The mortgage brokers set up a tent, the agents and other industry folks get first look and ever bodies back gets scratched .
It only looks dooochy when you cant get invited in, once your in its just business.
It’s all unfair when it doesn’t include you.

Maybe my side hustle should be a realtor license lol. Seriously I know guys that did it just so they can buy/sell their own houses and save the commissions.

JT said he'd do something about affordable housing and I just figured out his strategy.

He legalized marijuana so if you can't afford a house and have to live under a bridge you can smoke up to take the sting off the cold.

JT said he'd do something about affordable housing and I just figured out his strategy.

He legalized marijuana so if you can't afford a house and have to live under a bridge you can smoke up to take the sting off the cold.

He's trying to create another TFSA type thing and I think it is super stupid

He's trying to create another TFSA type thing and I think it is super stupid
That's because it is. The only people it will help are those that have maxed RRSP (and before that they should have maxed TFSA). If they still have thousands left over for JTAM account, they didn't need it in the first place.

We will dump many millions into the plan and associated bureaucracy though. More public servants, more GDP, big win (said in a Borat voice).

A subdivision outside of Barrie that was 500's to ~1M when constructed over the last few years has had some sales at 1.7 and 1.85. Now someone is trying for 1,990,900. It hasn't sold yet so who knows if they will get it. This is a typical subdivision with no mature trees and houses rammed in. Blech.

Many young South Koreans are opting to distance themselves from life's three major milestones ― dating, marriage and having children ― because they cannot find decent jobs amid a protracted economic slowdown and skyrocketing home prices.

Coming soon to Canada :(

Coming soon to Canada :(
Strangely written. Percentage unmarried in their 30's seems to be to be a lot less useful statistically than something like not married by 40. A 30 year old that is unmarried still has a reasonable chance of getting married and having kids. A 40 year old without kids or a marriage has a much lower chance of procreating. I haven't looked up the numbers but I suspect "in their 30's" is probably the average window for Canadians to get married as well. Maybe 20's as people that don't pursue post-secondary education often marry earlier but the vast majority of our friends were 30+ when they got hitched.

Back
Top Bottom