Covid Alert App.Download it here | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Covid Alert App.Download it here

I doubt you are smart enough to figure out Lenin would love you .

If you pay attention to Canadian politics and the mess we are in

That is exactly how it starts . If it saves one life . Just give up your ID next step your location at all the times . That is how you lose freedom .
You do have a license correct? You have a cell phone? You have a car? You have GPS? You have apps? you're already done. You're just trolling (effectivley) If you really believe in the coming police state they'll be coming after you first for this thread.

It doesnt need data and it's 10 MB so roughly a single song. Older phone may be an insurmountable obstacle depending on how old. I'm not saying you have to download it, just dont use crap arguments to try to justify your position.
Okay, let's go with this app is unnecessary at this point in time. Might have been useful a few months ago, but now with numbers dropping, not so much! I won't waste my time and what little memory it needs to download something that I don't need! I have an iPhone 7, wife has a 6 and some days doesn't even turn it on.

You do have a license correct? You have a cell phone? You have a car? You have GPS? You have apps? you're already done. You're just trolling (effectivley) If you really believe in the coming police state they'll be coming after you first for this thread.

Sadly, the data accumulation revelations of a few years ago really showed how much data we generate (largely from cell phones, and large tech giants) is collected away against our knowledge, including to the government (CSIS), which is why this app, while appearing very benign (relatively speaking), is looked at with anger/paranoia.

Frankly, I am not surprised to see this kind of reaction - I admit I expected more.

Person1: you should eat apples, they are healthy for you
Person2: no, apples are bad for you.

Person1: apples have been proven to be healthy with natural sugars
Person2: i don't know where the apples come from so i don't trust them

Person1: there is a sticker on the apple you can read that says where the apple came from, totally safe and healthy
Person2: how can i trust the sticker is true? anyone could have put that there

Person1: you can literally go to the farm and see the apples on the trees growing
Person2: they spray them with pesticides, i'm not eating that

Person1: this farm uses no pesticides, they are fully organic and have statements that show they don't use pesticides
Person2: i can't trust that! that all governement mumbo-jumbo and the farm just wants to sell apples! Plus, i've heard farms in third world countries lie about the use of pesticides on apples

Person1: your argument is that because other farms use pesticides that all farms use pesticides?
Person2: yes, nothing you can say will prove otherwise

Person1: again, you can go in person to the farm
Person2: no

Person1: you will have an answer for anything i say right?
Person2: yes.

:D

AtUCtQ1.jpeg

I can understand the concerns that bfbmgd has.As a kid in the 50's i grew up scared of "commies".We did practice drills hiding under our desks at school and my parents and grandparents had me convinced that they were coming.Big steel helmets with spikes on top and pointy teeth with blood dripping off them.The cold war was all about information and new ways to steal it.
The bunkers that were built,The Cuban missile chrisis etc etc.The list of fear goes on and on.Nothing new.Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.
VWOAiZW.jpg

can understand the concerns that bfbmgd has.As a kid in the 50's i grew up scared of "commies".We did practice drills hiding under our desks at school and my parents and grandparents had me convinced that they were coming.

Except he claims to have kids in school, therefore he’s probably well under 50, long before that was a thing.

Okay, let's go with this app is unnecessary at this point in time. Might have been useful a few months ago, but now with numbers dropping, not so much!

For every 1 known case there’s 6 that go untested or completely unknown.

And although it may all seem unnecessary today, we may not be saying the same thing in 2-4 months once winter arrives.

Better to get it ramped up now while the going is good versus resting on our laurels and then panicking in a few months when the **** is hitting the fan again and we’d wished we’d prepared better to tackle it.

Best case, we don’t get a serious second wave. All the naysayers will say ”See, it was all a huge overreaction”. The smart people will say “See, all those efforts paid off”.

I just got what is apparently a weekly reminder that the app is running. It has logged 13 random numbers in the last 14 days.

Person1: again, you can go in person to the farm
Person2: no

We were in Cape Town during the drought of 2018/2019. The government urged residents to cut back on their water usage.

A lot of people refused to do so, claiming that the drought was just a hoax and a corporate conspiracy to score desalination plant contracts.

The reservoir was located 90 minutes outside of town, but none of the conspiracy theorists bothered to travel there to see the dry reservoir bed for their own eyes.

Because to do so would mean they couldn't justify watering their lawns, washing their cars and taking long showers.

A lot of people are inherently selfish, and would rather believe outlandish conspiracy theories than be inconvenienced.

For every 1 known case there’s 6 that go untested or completely unknown.

And although it may all seem unnecessary today, we may not be saying the same thing in 2-4 months once winter arrives.
I still believe this app is unnecessary and if we use your numbers of 6 unknown / untested positive people for every 1 known case, it could give those who use the app a false sense of security. If any of the 6 cases who might be positive are using the app they would have registered as negative (because they don't know) and are now providing incorrect data through the app. As a result, the app would not trigger a warning to others who have been in close proximity. This could lead to more unknown cases and the second wave concern.

I'll just continue to social distance, keep our bubble small, wear a mask indoors, wash my hands and eat at home. So far it's worked great through the worst part of the pandemic when numbers were climbing steadily. My wife and I received a negative on the test recently so our protocols are working.

I'll just continue to social distance, keep our bubble small, wear a mask indoors, wash my hands and eat at home. So far it's worked great through the worst part of the pandemic when numbers were climbing steadily. My wife and I received a negative on the test recently so our protocols are working.

All great tactics that are clearly working as our numbers demonstrate.

But the app is another tool in the toolbox. While you're following all the rules you're still out in public as part of everyday life, IE, grocery shopping, work, etc. If by some chance you DO get infected it gives you the ability to alert all those you've been in contact with that they are at now at risk and should act accordingly.

These sorts of things are what breaks the chain of transmission and will get us out of this mess faster.

Much like masks, this app isn't all about protecting *you*, it's potentially (and arguably, more importantly) about protecting others *from you* if by some chance, despite all your good faith efforts, you do become Covid+.

For anyone running iOS14 Beta who found the app wasn't functional, the latest iOS beta version updated things so that they functionality works now.

Had a driver returning from the States yesterday. Got to Canada Customs at the bridge and the officer asks to see his phone. After looking at the phone he proceeded to start giving my guy a hard time because he doesn't have the app installed. Just sayin'...

Had a driver returning from the States yesterday. Got to Canada Customs at the bridge and the officer asks to see his phone. After looking at the phone he proceeded to start giving my guy a hard time because he doesn't have the app installed. Just sayin'...
Interesting. There is no requirement to have it. Having it running while you are in the US is useless as you likely won't bump in to anyone else running it to register a contact. After returning is the driver supposed to be isolated? If so, they wouldn't connect with anyone on the app then either.

Define “Hard Time”.

And why did they ask to see his phone? Sorry, going into the USA you’re subject to that sort of inspection of your personal devices. Coming home, well, I may take umbrance.

I guess you've never had a CBSA officer get confrontational with you, it happens. Doing some investigating and talking with other people in the industry it turns out that they may have been asking about the ArriveCan app. It seems that customs is now asking for cell phone numbers and email addresses from commercial drivers. Not really sure what that will accomplish.

I guess you've never had a CBSA officer get confrontational with you, it happens. Doing some investigating and talking with other people in the industry it turns out that they may have been asking about the ArriveCan app. It seems that customs is now asking for cell phone numbers and email addresses from commercial drivers. Not really sure what that will accomplish.
That makes more sense. Probably some form of automated quarantine tracking.

ArriveCan is also voluntary. A great idea. But voluntary.

Would I use it? Sure.

Would I willingly hand my phone over to a *Canadian* customs officer on a cursory request at the booth so they can see if I have a certain app installed and chastise me over it? Nope.

When they send me to secondary then I’d gladly let them have a look under the guidelines set forth.

CBSA policy Footnote 1 states that examinations of personal devices should not be conducted as a matter of routine; such searches may be conducted only if there are grounds or indications that “evidence of contraventions may be found on the digital device or media.

A border guard at the booth wanting to see if you have a voluntary app installed on your phone does not qualify.

I’ll gladly have a polite discussion at secondary with the officers there on the topic.

I used to cross the border twice a day every day. I don’t have anything in the closet, but I also know my rights, and have no problem exercising them when I feel someone is stepping beyond theirs.

Back
Top Bottom