COVID-19 potential restrictions on riding? | Page 14 | GTAMotorcycle.com

COVID-19 potential restrictions on riding?

What would it take for your company to rent a Johnny-on-the-spot so drivers delivering can relieve themselves? The whole idea of closing your washrooms to delivery drivers is disingenuous. Any driver seeing such a policy should leave without delivering and your company should be blackballed by truckers. Talk about a stupid policy.
I agree. We would all like to just stay home until this is over. However we have to go to work without PPE and hope for the best.

Hm i check this forum for info on motorcycling and everything related but keep finding bunch of members ranting over bs...quitting GTAM

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Hm i check this forum for info on motorcycling and everything related but keep finding bunch of members ranting over bs...quitting GTAM

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
bye felicia

Article from OPP on riding.

TL: DR still legal. Still strongly discouraged.

I wouldnt be surprised if they start a crackdown in the hot spots and pinch bikes for 5 km/h over to tell them to go home.

Motorcyclists don't seem to be heeding COVID-19 warnings: OPP

Despite daily reminders to Ontarians to stay home and avoid non-essential travel, a number of recent motorcycle sightings on Ontario Provincial Police-(OPP)-patrolled roads suggests that some motorcyclists may not be taking the message seriously.

"Just because motorcycle season is here, it does not change the obligation we all have right now to stay at home as much as possible. For those who do use motorcycles for essential travel, the last thing they should do is take extra risks because of lighter traffic or out of worry that they may not get much recreational riding in this season. As we all try to get through the tough weeks ahead, we expect no less than safe, defensive driving on the part of Ontario motorcyclists and other drivers."

-- OPP Chief Superintendent Rohan Thompson, Commander, Highway Safety Division

A lot of the people that are riding are friends and folks that i respect. But i really hope they lock it down.

A lot of the people that are riding are friends and folks that i respect. But i really hope they lock it down.

I know you disagree with it, but I’m still going out for rides.
I’m riding more responsibly than I normally do, I’m limiting my rides to about 80-100kms total and I’m not stopping anywhere. I’ve got gas at home so I don’t even have to stop for that.
I will continue to ride recreationally until I am forced to stop, but even then, since my work is an essential service, I will still commute on my bike.
I understand the risks and the potential impact on the healthcare system if I do crash, but it’s within my acceptable risk tolerance right now.

There has to be common sense on both sides of the argument.

A "lock down" as you put it will likely result in many more people breaking the law just because they need to get out.

Secondly, if a person is taking all the necessary precautions such as mask, hand washing, proper social distancing, doing necessary errands when the stores are not busy then to impose severe restrictions on them under the threat of a legal penalty is too much.

A solo short ride on secondary roads at safe speeds, avoiding populated and busy areas isn't going to spread infection or add to lawlessness. And we've all heard about what might happen thus "burdening" the health care system, but it's also possible that somebody falls down the stairs inside their home or a million other avoidable but common mishaps.

On the other side, I can't for the life of me understand the morons who park as a group in a tim Horton parking lot and stand around talking. If you want a ride, go for a ride and go the fcuk home! It's actions like this that WILL lead to Wingboy getting his wish, to the detriment of everyone.

I know you disagree with it, but I’m still going out for rides.
I’m riding more responsibly than I normally do, I’m limiting my rides to about 80-100kms total and I’m not stopping anywhere. I’ve got gas at home so I don’t even have to stop for that.
I will continue to ride recreationally until I am forced to stop, but even then, since my work is an essential service, I will still commute on my bike.
I understand the risks and the potential impact on the healthcare system if I do crash, but it’s within my acceptable risk tolerance right now.
I'm not here to judge. Enjoy.

I agree riding at all is becoming questionable but I currently do feel there's nothing wrong with an even-more-cautious-than-usual solo ride the odd time a week, providing you're leaving the house prepared and venturing well away from the more heavily populated areas. That said, I passed a group of 4 riders out for a group ride while driving home last night and something about watching a group of 4 riders out for a leisure ride didn't sit right. Maybe it's the increased odds that more bikes can equal more potential for issues, or maybe it's just the overall defiant impression they're leaving (as in, we're continuing to go about our lives as usual).

You may be willing to accept the risk but do you have the right to needlessly take care away away from someone else?

You may not fully understand the concept of society.

Side relevance, but watching car Youtubers lately can be infuriating. The crap they're doing on public roads for views is idiotic. Like this BC local who's bringing his daughter out to have some smoke show fun in his Ferrari while blurring out the backgrounds so he can't be located. Then talks about the importance of listening to what the government is saying about social distancing, etc...

Even these guys using a drag strip off public roads seems responsible enough on one side of things, but then again you're doing a high risk activity that could land you in the ER. Why would you even want to put yourself in that position, never mind what you could be doing to others if you unknowingly bring in and spread it throughout the ER.

You may be willing to accept the risk but do you have the right to needlessly take care away away from someone else?

You may not fully understand the concept of society.

You need to stop doing sports, working, household chores, and walking, then, because you're statistically more likely to get hurt doing them.

Activity when injured, by age group, household population aged 12 or older, Canada, 2009–2010

clip_image003-eng.jpg

, but even then, since my work is an essential service, I will still commute on my bike.

I never really use the bike for recreational purposes, it's primary function is a commuter. Like you i am classified under essential worker, i doubt if i'll get any heat for commuting at 7 am in this mornings. I was thinking of getting my company to type a quick note stating essential worker just in case i did get pulled over. For the time being i'll make sure i have a business card handy.

I never really use the bike for recreational purposes, it's primary function is a commuter. Like you i am classified under essential worker, i doubt if i'll get any heat for commuting at 7 am in this mornings. I was thinking of getting my company to type a quick note stating essential worker just in case i did get pulled over. For the time being i'll make sure i have a business card handy.

A business card, I.D. card or even pay stub should do until there is a more defined regulation.

Back
Top Bottom