Couch shopping for a new bike | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Couch shopping for a new bike

I know - I've been watching them over the last couple of years. It was a truckload sale - Yamaha wanted to clear them out to introduce the new triples which had some growing pains but they were priced very agressively so the price on the 2013 FZ8 was knocked down ...we got the last one as someone had to bail due to financing issues.

Walked into another Yamaha dealer and asked if he would match ...he just walked away with a shocked look on his face.- I think he was priced at $11,400 at the time. ( $8890 US )

This review convinced us

We took it across Canada - he put a Shad Comfort seat on it.

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at Jun, 9    2020    2.00.52 PM.jpg

Last edited:
couch surf the new upcoming( rumoured) CBR 600RR ... Due for sale next year..

How about a brand new 2015 Suzuki GSX-S750?
$7500 plus taxes etc....

I have a mint low mileage MV Augusta brutalie for sale 990RR fantastic naked bike only $8000
Steve
905 244 8899
How do you like it in heavy traffic?

$7500 plus taxes etc....

I was actually looking at that, but if I remember correctly, it was too tall and heavy for me :( on another point, I thought Ready Powersports went under and closed up shop?!

So many suggestions, you folks are making my short list longer, you aren't helping!
I have a mint low mileage MV Augusta brutalie for sale 990RR fantastic naked bike only $8000
Steve
905 244 8899
Beautiful machine but way more bike than I am interested in, thanks and good luck with the sale.
couch surf the new upcoming( rumoured) CBR 600RR ... Due for sale next year..
Thanks, those are great bikes but not interested in SS.
$7500 plus taxes etc....
That's a nice bike, I sat on one at the bike show and it felt good under me. Didn't feel as heavy as it is. I'd have to look at one again, I'm not sure about the forward lean on it, I prefer something more upright for my next bike.

I spoke with my insurance broker, all the bikes I'm looking at are +/- $30 a year of what I'm paying on the vfr800, so insurance isn't an issue.

Two exceptions and off the table now are the yamaha 900s and the gsxs750. The 900s are about 30% more insurance per year, putting it out of my budget comfort zone. The Suzuki is restricted for some reason...through another insurer would be double what I'm paying now so it's out, too.

Funny thing about the cb650r, she accidentally entered cbr650r and it came back as restricted, but when we got the model right it came back with the lowest premium of them all. Makes no sense and the broker agreed, it's the same bike sans fairings.

Two exceptions and off the table now are the yamaha 900s and the gsxs750. The 900s are about 30% more insurance per year, putting it out of my budget comfort zone. The Suzuki is restricted for some reason...through another insurer would be double what I'm paying now so it's out, too.
What quote were you given on fz09?

You can ride it in B or C mode perfectly fine.
Agreed. Had fun with A for a week or so and realized its just bleh for commute. B mode all day.

Some of the bikes I'm considering (hoping for a deal on new old stock or slightly used):

xsr700...this is the one I'm most interested in.

Thanks, I'm going to go make some popcorn for the replies

-

Would you pay $2k to convert the xrs700 to spoked wheels?

-

004_XSR700-led-headlight-upgrade.jpg

I spoke with my insurance broker, all the bikes I'm looking at are +/- $30 a year of what I'm paying on the vfr800, so insurance isn't an issue.

Funny thing about the cb650r, she accidentally entered cbr650r and it came back as restricted, but when we got the model right it came back with the lowest premium of them all. Makes no sense and the broker agreed, it's the same bike sans fairings.
If they went by VIN it would not happen, models mess them up.

Back
Top Bottom