Coronavirus | Page 459 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile in Toronto, which has theoretically been in lockdown for what seems like forever, everyone get and vote Friday because we need an election to replace Jimmy K after he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Bull****. Etobicoke did without a councillor under Rob Ford's reign when the elected one ran in some other election. It had nothing to do with Ford they just decided it wan't worth the cost of a by-election for the duration of the term.

Bull****. Etobicoke did without a councillor under Rob Ford's reign when the elected one ran in some other election. It had nothing to do with Ford they just decided it wan't worth the cost of a by-election for the duration of the term.
IIRC council was allowed to appoint someone or call an election and they made the wrong choice yet again.

Brampton is at 350 new cases per week per 100,000 residents and climbing fast (last week was 280). USA average is about 525 new cases per week per 100,000. I know, comparing the average of the US to a Canadian urban centre is not exactly correct but it was more to provide a relative magnitude.

I occasionally get criticized for using apple-orange stats but the point is we aren't lily white.

As we go through the second wave is anyone taking notes so we can better handle wave three? It will happen.

I occasionally get criticized for using apple-orange stats but the point is we aren't lily white.

As we go through the second wave is anyone taking notes so we can better handle wave three? It will happen.
You can’t have a third wave if the second one never ends!

On a serious note....we had wave 1 fairly under control and let our guard down (people, politicians, everyone) and look where we are. COVID fatigue is real and it won’t help things moving forward without actually strong mandates and restrictions.

Were going to get to wave 20 if quarantine isn't done properly. How did those 2 dhuram residents come in contact with an infected British tourist...

Were going to get to wave 20 if quarantine isn't done properly. How did those 2 dhuram residents come in contact with an infected British tourist...
JT's fault. Oz has a great system that works. It strongly discourages recreational travel as you can't cheat the quarantine and if you really want to go, it keeps potential infection isolated. There is absolutely zero reason we couldn't implement a similar system six months ago. Hell, even now that UK has the more virulent strain, no problems, promise to be good. Embarassing (and deadly) choice by the Feds.

Obviously there would still be a lot of exempted travellers (such as pilots and truck drivers) but at least you can minimize stupid tourists/business people.

EDIT

The international flights since Jan. 1 with someone who later tested positive for COVID-19 include:

• Emirates flight EK241 from Dubai to Toronto on Jan. 1
  • Air Canada flight AC7647 from Newark to Toronto on Jan. 1
  • Air Canada flight AC939 from Tampa to Toronto
  • Westjet flight WS2581 from Cancun to Toronto on Jan. 1
  • Sunwing flight WG514 from Cancun to Toronto on Jan. 2
  • Emirates flight EK241 from Dubai to Toronto on Jan. 2
  • Air Transat flight TS141 from Punta Cana to Toronto on Jan. 2
  • Air Canada flight AC7687 from Boston to Toronto on Jan. 2
  • Air Canada flight AC843 from Dublin to Toronto on Jan. 2
  • Air Canada flight AC1421 from Varadero to Toronto on Jan. 2
  • Westjet flight WS1175 from Fort Myers to Toronto on Jan. 3
  • United Airlines flight UA3862 from Washington to Toronto on Jan. 3
  • Pakistan International Airlines flight PK797 from Lahore to Toronto on Jan. 3
  • Lufthansa flight LH470 from Frankfurt to Toronto on Jan. 3
  • LOT Polish Airlines flight LO45 from Warsaw to Toronto on Jan. 3
  • Etihad Airways flight EY141 from Abu Dhabi to Toronto on Jan. 3
  • American Airlines from AA3080 from Chicago to Toronto on Jan. 3
  • Air Canada flight AC91 from Sao Paula to Toronto on Jan. 3
  • Air Canada flight AC983 from Montego Bay to Toronto on Jan. 3
  • Air Canada flight AC790 from Los Angeles to Toronto on Jan. 3
  • Air Canada flight AC941 from Fort Myers to Toronto on Jan. 3
  • Ethiopian Airlines flight ET552 from Addis Ababa to Toronto on Jan. 4
  • Air Canada flight AC873 from Frankfurt to Toronto on Jan. 5
  • Air Canada flight AC1713 from Punta Cana to Toronto on Jan. 4
  • Air Canada flight AC843 from Dublin to Toronto on Jan. 4
  • Avianca flight AV626 from San Salvador to Toronto on Jan. 5
  • Air Transat flight TS657 from Holguin to Toronto on Jan. 5
  • Air Canada flight AC1673 from Orlando to Toronto on Jan. 5
  • Copa Airlines flight CM470 from Panama City to Toronto on Jan. 6
  • Air Canada flight AC873 from Frankfurt to Toronto on Jan. 7
  • Air Canada flight AC911 from Fort Lauderdale to Toronto on Jan. 9

JT's fault. Oz has a great system that works. It strongly discourages recreational travel as you can't cheat the quarantine and if you really want to go, it keeps potential infection isolated. There is absolutely zero reason we couldn't implement a similar system six months ago. Hell, even now that UK has the more virulent strain, no problems, promise to be good. Embarassing (and deadly) choice by the Feds.

Obviously there would still be a lot of exempted travellers (such as pilots and truck drivers) but at least you can minimize stupid tourists/business people.
A few of my buddies (shockingly old school Polaks) all believe the reason for lack of any actual bite to travellers is JT’s and Liberal refusal to put restrictions on brown people for fear of offending. I don’t share this sentiment but they keep repeating that line, not even sure why or how it’s related. I guess they’re looking for an easily identifiable target? *shrug*

A few of my buddies (shockingly old school Polaks) all believe the reason for lack of any actual bite to travellers is JT’s and Liberal refusal to put restrictions on brown people for fear of offending. I don’t share this sentiment but they keep repeating that line, not even sure why or how it’s related. I guess they’re looking for an easily identifiable target? *shrug*
Although I know some brown brits, I wouldn't consider a british quarantine an attack on brown people. Hell, to avoid any suspicion of impropriety, I would keep it simple. Everybody goes to the hotel. Pilots too. They are allowed to leave early on the shuttle back to their outgoing flight.

I know douggie was trying to pass laws to shield these guys from lawsuits, evidently it didnt work, I suspect many more of these will be coming along:

Ouch. I hope there was spin on the below statement, otherwise it is brutal. Taken from your link. I think they windowed for a day or week around a dividend distribution instead of around a 3/6/12 month period to properly average both outflows.

"“During the worst of the crisis, Extendicare gave $10 million to shareholders when only spending $300,000 on care of seniors and while dozens of seniors died from in their care,” Singh said."

Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police expect no checkpoints, no house checks, no proactive enforcement of any kind. Expect to respond to complaints and ticket if required.

Although I know some brown brits, I wouldn't consider a british quarantine an attack on brown people. Hell, to avoid any suspicion of impropriety, I would keep it simple. Everybody goes to the hotel. Pilots too. They are allowed to leave early on the shuttle back to their outgoing flight.
This is why the argument fails when I dig deeper in the discussion. No discrimination when you shut all flights down and quarantine everyone. But they stick to it.

One can only beat their head against a wall so many times.

Horvath response to Ford's press conference yesterday was actually decent. Much less crazy than normal. Hammered him for lack of focus, mixed messaging (stay home, don't gather in groups of more than five outside, go to work, wtf) and lack of any new useful measures.

You can’t have a third wave if the second one never ends!

On a serious note....we had wave 1 fairly under control and let our guard down (people, politicians, everyone) and look where we are. COVID fatigue is real and it won’t help things moving forward without actually strong mandates and restrictions.

I was thinking we shouldn't have responded to the first wave. Let hundreds of thousands suffer or die. Maybe then people would get the point. Then I looked south and yeah, that didn't work.

Covid fatigue is real but who is coming up with realistic solutions to the intangible daily problems? YouTube videos and gaming gets a bit repetitive after a few months. On line shopping is functional but a lot of people enjoy the social aspects of face to face. I heard a lady explaining why she goes out for her morning coffee when she could make it faster and cheaper in her apartment. It was the only thing she did that she got to talk to someone face to face.
"Medium regular please"
"Thank you and have a nice day"

One can always phone someone else. Tell them about your crappy day and boring hobby and they tell you about theirs.

We need to see some light at the end of the tunnel. At this point we don't even know where the end of the tunnel is.

Trust me I'm from the government, as politicians flaunt the rules and let opportunities slip through their fingers.

EDIT

The international flights since Jan. 1 with someone who later tested positive for COVID-19 include:

• Emirates flight EK241 from Dubai to Toronto on Jan. 1
  • Air Canada flight AC7647 from Newark to Toronto on Jan. 1
  • Air Canada flight AC939 from Tampa to Toronto
  • Westjet flight WS2581 from Cancun to Toronto on Jan. 1
  • Sunwing flight WG514 from Cancun to Toronto on Jan. 2
  • Emirates flight EK241 from Dubai to Toronto on Jan. 2
  • Air Transat flight TS141 from Punta Cana to Toronto on Jan. 2
  • Air Canada flight AC7687 from Boston to Toronto on Jan. 2
  • Air Canada flight AC843 from Dublin to Toronto on Jan. 2
  • Air Canada flight AC1421 from Varadero to Toronto on Jan. 2
  • Westjet flight WS1175 from Fort Myers to Toronto on Jan. 3
  • United Airlines flight UA3862 from Washington to Toronto on Jan. 3
  • Pakistan International Airlines flight PK797 from Lahore to Toronto on Jan. 3
  • Lufthansa flight LH470 from Frankfurt to Toronto on Jan. 3
  • LOT Polish Airlines flight LO45 from Warsaw to Toronto on Jan. 3
  • Etihad Airways flight EY141 from Abu Dhabi to Toronto on Jan. 3
  • American Airlines from AA3080 from Chicago to Toronto on Jan. 3
  • Air Canada flight AC91 from Sao Paula to Toronto on Jan. 3
  • Air Canada flight AC983 from Montego Bay to Toronto on Jan. 3
  • Air Canada flight AC790 from Los Angeles to Toronto on Jan. 3
  • Air Canada flight AC941 from Fort Myers to Toronto on Jan. 3
  • Ethiopian Airlines flight ET552 from Addis Ababa to Toronto on Jan. 4
  • Air Canada flight AC873 from Frankfurt to Toronto on Jan. 5
  • Air Canada flight AC1713 from Punta Cana to Toronto on Jan. 4
  • Air Canada flight AC843 from Dublin to Toronto on Jan. 4
  • Avianca flight AV626 from San Salvador to Toronto on Jan. 5
  • Air Transat flight TS657 from Holguin to Toronto on Jan. 5
  • Air Canada flight AC1673 from Orlando to Toronto on Jan. 5
  • Copa Airlines flight CM470 from Panama City to Toronto on Jan. 6
  • Air Canada flight AC873 from Frankfurt to Toronto on Jan. 7
  • Air Canada flight AC911 from Fort Lauderdale to Toronto on Jan. 9
Half of those flights appear to be from vacation destinations, most on Canadian carriers. Every last person on a vacation flight should pay for isolated hotel quarantine on return like New Zealand. $3,000 to watch local TV. Bring binoculars if you want to see the country, from your room. The other half is maybe negotiable. And what about Vancouver, Montreal, Hamilton, Winnipeg etc

Oh but we're obedient Canadians and would never break the rules.

B.S. We just do it politely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom