Coronavirus | Page 457 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've come to the conclusion that between now and June will be a write off... Everyone and their dog is essential, people will still get together, cops won't enforce sh*t, and the numbers will continue to rise as the government fumble the vaccine rollout.

Better dust off the hair clippers I bought off Amazon in April, because I doubt anyone is getting a haircut for a few months.

I've come to the conclusion that between now and June will be a write off... Everyone and their dog is essential, people will still get together, cops won't enforce sh*t, and the numbers will continue to rise as the government fumble the vaccine rollout.

Better dust off the hair clippers I bought off Amazon in April, because I doubt anyone is getting a haircut for a few months.
Sadly I think you are mostly correct. It was interesting that Douggie actually brought up april/may/june in his press conference and afaik hasn't mentioned a prospective length of time for the stay at home order.

The 2 Posties on my street work from home part of the day. They leave around 7 and get home before noon.
Wow.. they must be supervisory staff...
Bopping around from route to route, as I don't have seniority as of yet. Yesterday was 2 hours overtime... had 196 scannable items on my list, plus my regular route. Got though about 2/3 of it in 11 hours.

For comparison sakes, Intelcom Express (amazon delivery service) has about 120 deliveries in an 8 hour day, with a route that's completely computer sorted for them.

Today, started at 7:45am, done at 6:45pm...
Depending on your route (we'll say a half vehicle / half walk (called a park and loop route)) you'll have to sort about 800 pieces of oddball or oversize mail (including small packets) and then around 140 parcels.
After that, it's admail (junk mail) - anywhere from 1 to 7 pieces that need to be sorted into order, and then grouped according to 3 sections of your route (Blue, Orange, Pink sections). So, you won't deliver admail to 2/3 of your route for the most part, but the part you do is very heavy and labour intensive.

For example, I had that Epoch Times newspaper today. It's so freaking massive I couldn't fit enough of them into my mail bags. Had to take partof the route section, deliver, then walk 500m back to the relay box, reload more of the newspapers and walk back to where I left off.

After that, you have 120-200 parcels, which you need to sort by route order, number them, and then load into your truck for a somewhat in sequence part of delivery. We have a "header card" to tell us which parcels get delivered to which part of the route, but it's easy to miss a parcel or 2 in a section, in which case you have to go back and deliver.

I had no idea mail was this freaking complicated until I started the job. There's soooo much more organization involved than I ever thought.

Boxers are nice, but, be aware that they're total dufesses until they're about 3 years old.... Just crazy energy and very hard to keep them reasonable... one of my sisters breeds them, and it's pretty much always the same... dumb dumb dumb dumb and suddenly, ahhhhh.....

I currently have boxer/carolina dingo ( yes its an actual thing) cross. Not the smartest dog we ever had but she is the replacement for a long line of yellow labs so the bar wasn't very high...

Nothing is going to change why is shopping still a family affair I stopped at Costco to pick up a couple of thing and it is still full of families and couples. Time to limit it to one person from the family in the store. I get single parents can have some issues and I am fine with that. But why Mom Dad and the kids need to go on an outing is beyond me.

Sent from my K87CA using Tapatalk

Nothing is going to change why is shopping still a family affair I stopped at Costco to pick up a couple of thing and it is still full of families and couples. Time to limit it to one person from the family in the store. I get single parents can have some issues and I am fine with that. But why Mom Dad and the kids need to go on an outing is beyond me.

Sent from my K87CA using Tapatalk
Entirely agree. If you have two adults available, there should be no kids allowed in a store. Just ridiculous. Such low hanging fruit that could remove so many people from stores. Also, I find that most of those idiots also have significant issues wearing masks and let their kids run wild. My kids might have been in three stores since march and they wear masks and sit in the cart.

So what is non essential construction?

I understand an unsupported hole can collapse, an uncompleted roof allow water damage but what about drywall, paint, plumbing etc. Some concrete pours need continuity. Do the enforcement officials have the qualifications to make the right decisions?

that may be at the "discrete judgement" of contractors. So pretty much whatever you can get staff to show up for gets done.

drywaller says, we need to close in this space to protect people from wiring and plumbing, municipal building inspector making the rounds with a bylaw officer says , we can see that. And on it goes.

for one of my many hobby's I manage a bar. A very small 4 tap , 15 different beer, 30 bottle wine list private club bar. But I'm watching another couple thousand bucks worth of draft age out, bottle beers are ok, wine by the glass will see 20-25 bottles go down the drain. I cant imagine what bigger restaurants and bars look like, I'm not watching thousands of dollars of produce and grocery go out the window.

So many places even when 10 were allowed inside just cant make it work, you need to turn tables 2-3 times a night and you used to seat 150. Good luck. Sure there is takeout, but not a lot of people are ordering a $50 bottle of wine to go, let alone the second or third they always sell........

I sure wouldn't want to be the guy that has a 6k a month lease, owes 500k on the interior and has kitchen leases of 100k. You cant sell enough takeout shnittzle to take the sting out of that
This is the type of side hustle I’m into. Never served a drink in my life but would love to try and work at a chill bar like that at some point in time.
Also, I will cheerfully help with making sure that beer isn’t going bad!

I understand an unsupported hole can collapse, an uncompleted roof allow water damage but what about drywall, paint, plumbing etc. Some concrete pours need continuity. Do the enforcement officials have the qualifications to make the right decisions?
Good questions. I understand new home builds are essential, everything else isnt.

But that hole in my roof, leak in my pipes or short in my panel is essential.

Anyway the announcement is idiotic...no leaving house for non essentials, but 5 person limit in gathering outside....wtf?

This is the type of side hustle I’m into. Never served a drink in my life but would love to try and work at a chill bar like that at some point in time.
Also, I will cheerfully help with making sure that beer isn’t going bad!

This is a very unprofitable side hustle LOL. I sit on a couple Boards as a director, this one happens to be the Board at an yacht club. They needed management for the bar , somebody that could read a spreadsheet so I took on the project for 2 yrs while they find the next muppet.
Its a volunteer position, so actually I pay about 2K a year to belong to the yacht club and for that they let me manage part of the place for free.

At least they are getting the level of management they are paying for LOL.

Hardest part when i do work the bar, the same three dudes are still having the same conversation they had in 1998....

I hear they can't pour footings or foundation walls :unsure: guess you are good to go if you are building slab on grade.

I'm gonna become Chinese Fabio at this rate. The back of my hair is approaching my shoulders lol

Wow.. they must be supervisory staff...
Bopping around from route to route, as I don't have seniority as of yet. Yesterday was 2 hours overtime... had 196 scannable items on my list, plus my regular route. Got though about 2/3 of it in 11 hours.

For comparison sakes, Intelcom Express (amazon delivery service) has about 120 deliveries in an 8 hour day, with a route that's completely computer sorted for them.

Today, started at 7:45am, done at 6:45pm...
Depending on your route (we'll say a half vehicle / half walk (called a park and loop route)) you'll have to sort about 800 pieces of oddball or oversize mail (including small packets) and then around 140 parcels.
After that, it's admail (junk mail) - anywhere from 1 to 7 pieces that need to be sorted into order, and then grouped according to 3 sections of your route (Blue, Orange, Pink sections). So, you won't deliver admail to 2/3 of your route for the most part, but the part you do is very heavy and labour intensive.

For example, I had that Epoch Times newspaper today. It's so freaking massive I couldn't fit enough of them into my mail bags. Had to take partof the route section, deliver, then walk 500m back to the relay box, reload more of the newspapers and walk back to where I left off.

After that, you have 120-200 parcels, which you need to sort by route order, number them, and then load into your truck for a somewhat in sequence part of delivery. We have a "header card" to tell us which parcels get delivered to which part of the route, but it's easy to miss a parcel or 2 in a section, in which case you have to go back and deliver.

I had no idea mail was this freaking complicated until I started the job. There's soooo much more organization involved than I ever thought.
No clearances or biz pickups?? C'mon slacker :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom