Coronavirus | Page 386 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the protest is working. It is showing that the govt has very very little interest in enforcing the actions they say are required. If govt isn't careful, this wave will spread and then we are in deep *&^*&^. They think one location is too much to deal with, what if most businesses just give them the finger and open up?
1. Lets keep in mind, the lockdown is only in toronto and peel

2. restaurants are allowed to be open, you just have to do take out or delivery, its only when you blatantly thumb your nose at the police and break the law that enforcement happens

3. Also saw another video of a moron attacking police, right before he got tackled to the ground, its like this BBQ spot is the HQ for stupid

2. restaurants are allowed to be open, you just have to do take out or delivery, its only when you blatantly thumb your nose at the police and break the law that enforcement happens

3. Also saw another video of a moron attacking police, right before he got tackled to the ground, its like this BBQ spot is the HQ for stupid
My point is, there is very little enforcement action being taken. Afaik, not a single freedumb fighter has gotten a ticket (out of hundreds and hundreds of participants). The owner got some tickets but not any other participants. The restaurant was theoretically locked out by police this morning but that video was released today and the door is open, what happened?

My point is, there is very little enforcement action being taken. Afaik, not a single freedumb fighter has gotten a ticket (out of hundreds and hundreds of participants). The owner got some tickets but not any other participants. The restaurant was theoretically locked out by police this morning but that video was released today and the door is open, what happened?

I heard they only changed the front locks and the owner went in through the back? Doesnt matter, hes going to prison now

Imo the police have been very patient with these idiots, but if this keeps up, that will change

I heard they only changed the front locks and the owner went in through the back? Doesnt matter, hes going to prison now

Imo the police have been very patient with these idiots, but if this keeps up, that will change
They really should send Skully the bill for dozens of officers working overtime for days so he can exercise his freedumb. He could have been operating a successful takeout restaurant, instead he is choosing to kill any chance of survival. He may have good food, I won't give him any money now or in the future.

EDIT:
If he just kept the patio open, I may have been on his side. Hell, he could have done TB circles all through his parking lot and if people order takeout and then sit in his parking lot, who is he to stop them? I disagree with the line the gov't draws at times. By opening indoor dining (and then packing the joint) he showed that he had zero interest in public health and was only interested in his own agenda.

Skully was taken away in cuffs. Charges have not been publicly released.

Last edited:
So I just got notified that the emergency job that I got called into on Monday has a confirmed case. Crap. Masks on the whole time, separation from others the whole time, only talked with that guy for <5 minutes so risk is low. Cannot get a test to confirm I am clean without symptoms. I think I have been on site for jobs for <7 days since March. Bad luck.

FWIW, covid alert app is running on my phone and didn't notify me (either he wasn't running it, he didn't have his phone or he didn't enter a code).

I agree on the enforcement.

Dougie - are you listening? "What happened to throwing the book at them?" If they want to stage non violent protests, pass them a peace pipe and listen. If they bring violence and anarchy, I wanna see handcuffs and batons.

Watch starting around 1:10.

I think he was referring to the angry mob. Two of them got arrested for obstruction/assaulting police. The rest of the no-mask hord pushing cops out of the way to try to eat in a restaurant had zero consequences.

EDIT:
The signs the angry mob were waving were quite funny. You would think that if you were going to wave a sign above your head for the cameras, you would read it and evaluate whether it made sense. We are definitely not all essential. Hell, for a short period of time (a few days to a week), I suspect the only truly essential workers are involved with water distribution and lockdown enforcement. In no world ever is a restaurant essential. Sure it is painful if they close but I don't think the freedumb mob even attempts to investigate what essential means.

COVID-Ont-Adamson-Barbecue-20201125-1024x576.png

Last edited:
Well hopefully more exposure on these issues. We have buses so packed today that they cannot fit anymore passengers on. Zero mask enforcement going on. Why are private busesses made to follow protocols but municipally ran businesses like transit allowed to do whatever they want?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Well hopefully more exposure on these issues. We have buses so packed today that they cannot fit anymore passengers on. Zero mask enforcement going on. Why are private busesses made to follow protocols but municipally ran businesses like transit allowed to do whatever they want?

Because it is quickly becoming apparent that gov't wants to ***** about compliance but they are entirely disinterested in enforcing the rules.

If they made masks mandatory on transit a)there would be a huge trainwreck of protests about trampling on the downtrodden who make up most of the current riders b)they would provide little to no support for the operators who don't have a chance in hell of enforcing the regulation and c) what can/would they do to encourage people to comply? I have seen cops give a homeless guy a ticket before, he just ripped it up and threw it on the ground (triggering a second ticket). They had zero leverage on him. The two real options were let him go or haul him off to jail, both were not constructive.

As a transit operator, what mechanisms do you have to minimize your risk? Obviously you wear a mask. Are you allowed to drive with your window wide open? That would both keep you in a stream of fresh air and keep most passengers away from you as they wouldn't want the blast of cold air. You can just dress like you are working outside. Not sure how management would feel about that solution (or whether union would side with you or them).

Because it is quickly becoming apparent that gov't wants to ***** about compliance but they are entirely disinterested in enforcing the rules.

If they made masks mandatory on transit a)there would be a huge trainwreck of protests about trampling on the downtrodden who make up most of the current riders b)they would provide little to no support for the operators who don't have a chance in hell of enforcing the regulation and c) what can/would they do to encourage people to comply? I have seen cops give a homeless guy a ticket before, he just ripped it up and threw it on the ground (triggering a second ticket). They had zero leverage on him. The two real options were let him go or haul him off to jail, both were not constructive.

As a transit operator, what mechanisms do you have to minimize your risk? Obviously you wear a mask. Are you allowed to drive with your window wide open? That would both keep you in a stream of fresh air and keep most passengers away from you as they wouldn't want the blast of cold air. You can just dress like you are working outside. Not sure how management would feel about that solution (or whether union would side with you or them).
If I drove a bus I'd open all the windows and roof vents and I'd leave the front door open if there were Covidiots on board.

Skelly got a bunch of charges. His 10K lawyer fund will be inadequate unless he shuts his pie hole. I suspect almost all covid related tickets will be dropped by the courts after vaccine rollout but there is only so much stupidity courts will put up with and he is getting close in my opinion.

The idiot attacking police was from Markham. He travelled from where he lived (an area reasonably free of restrictions) to a restricted area to protest in a crowd of non-mask wearing freedumbers and then got in a fight with police. His parents must be very proud. Maybe this will finally be the trigger that gets him kicked out of the basement and into the real world.

"Skelly faces multiple charges as a result, including one count of attempting to obstruct police and a trespassing charge issued by the city.

“He faces one count of mischief and one count of failing to comply with a continued under the reopening Ontario act,” said Sinopoli."

"27-year-old man from Markham was also arrested following a ‘dynamic’ scene outside Adamson Barbecue. He faces several charges, including six counts of assaulting an officer."

I just received some very bad news, One of my sledding buddies was taken into the hospital a couple of days ago with covid, just got news that he passed.

This really f'en sucks
My sincere condolences to you, his family, friend and loved ones. This is why I am so frustrated. We need to do better and plug the proverbial holes so to speak like Transit.

We have some policies that are set in stone.

1. No store grocery carts. I have had people bulldoze their way on with one. Lets the air out, call supervisor and bus does not move until the cart is off.

2. Footwear. I had a homeless lady trying to get on with one shoe earlier this year. She lost it when she could not ride. Do you have any idea how many syringes I find?

3. Shirt. No shirt no ride.

Just call a supervisor and the bus does not move. Make the mask or exemption card mandatory and people will figure it out quick.

We have some policies that are set in stone.

1. No store grocery carts. I have had people bulldoze their way on with one. Lets the air out, call supervisor and bus does not move until the cart is off.

2. Footwear. I had a homeless lady trying to get on with one shoe earlier this year. She lost it when she could not ride. Do you have any idea how many syringes I find?

3. Shirt. No shirt no ride.

Just call a supervisor and the bus does not move. Make the mask or exemption card mandatory and people will figure it out quick.

I do find it quite hilarious that no shirt/no shoes is a substantially more serious offence than coughing over other passengers while wearing no PPE.

This is interesting. In the US we know most of the AntiMaskers are far right folks, it doesn't appear that's the case in Canada - I cant see any political affiliation. Neither PC or Liberals have any faction that supports anti-mask and from what I can see mask wearing seems to be the same on both sides of the political divide.

I have seen some support from alt-right media like Rebel News, but the protesters appear to be plain old Anarchists.

"Lawyers are excited to dig in". Is there a more parasitic and vile profession, other then politicians?

I know a couple of really good lawyers that are really decent people as well. Behind every mean nasty lawyer is a meaner nastier client, wanting revenge not justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom