Coronavirus | Page 387 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do find it quite hilarious that no shirt/no shoes is a substantially more serious offence than coughing over other passengers while wearing no PPE.
Yeah, you've got me there. These are the main three that I have to enforce.

There are other "no go" policies as well like no propane tanks, no jerry cans with fuel, no gas powered tools etc. You would be surprised how many times I have had people come on with a full jerry can or a gas powered lawnmower or weedwhacker with gas sloshing around and they are shocked when I say those are not allowed. Just the same I always call a supervisor. Always doing the CYA.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

This is interesting. In the US we know most of the AntiMaskers are far right folks, it doesn't appear that's the case in Canada - I cant see any political affiliation. Neither PC or Liberals have any faction that supports anti-mask and from what I can see mask wearing seems to be the same on both sides of the political divide.

I have seen some support from alt-right media like Rebel News, but the protesters appear to be plain old Anarchists.
I disagree, the difference here is the PCs are the provincial government and they currently have the responsibility for the rules and lockdowns in the province. Far right and alt-right are the anti maskers here but the way they protest is different in a right state or province, they are protesting against the rules and not their rulers. If the Liberals were still in power here the presentation or the protesters would be completely different. Although you do see lots of them claiming Trudeau is making the rules in Ontario though, and protesting him.... BTW I see it all the time, all Trudeau's fault.....nothing about Ford.....anti-masker protesting.

In the US it is similar. We see the usually right-wing protests in Dem states about the government, protests against rules not rulers in Rep states.

The left is the same BTW, we see protest against issues in left states/provinces and against government in right states/provinces. No different.

I disagree, the difference here is the PCs are the provincial government and they currently have the responsibility for the rules and lockdowns in the province. Far right and alt-right are the anti maskers here but the way they protest is different in a right state or province, they are protesting against the rules and not their rulers. If the Liberals were still in power here the presentation or the protesters would be completely different. Although you do see lots of them claiming Trudeau is making the rules in Ontario though, and protesting him.... BTW I see it all the time, all Trudeau's fault.....nothing about Ford.....anti-masker protesting.

In the US it is similar. We see the usually right-wing protests in Dem states about the government, protests against rules not rulers in Rep states.

The left is the same BTW, we see protest against issues in left states/provinces and against government in right states/provinces. No different.
Interesting perspective and summation.

The protest is always against the rules - that's not even in the question.

How do you know these are far & alt right? I don't see colors, or any form of organization -- that's not typical of the right, they get called to action and are organized. This looks more like one of those 'screw your landlords' protests we saw earlier this year, idle folks who have nothing better to do that get their face on a Toronto Sun picture.

The protest is always against the rules - that's not even in the question.

How do you know these are far & alt right? I don't see colors, or any form of organization -- that's not typical of the right, they get called to action and are organized. This looks more like one of those 'screw your landlords' protests we saw earlier this year, idle folks who have nothing better to do that get their face on a Toronto Sun picture.
I live in Etobicoke and they came through my hood yelling and screaming in the back of pickups with bullhorns on the way to Doug's house, there is no doubt who and what they are.

I know it does not fit your narrative that left wing snowflakes are violent and mankarens are peace loving and non-violent. A mankaren would never commit assault in a protest....must have been lefties. Sorry, they were not lefties.

I am only glad that we do not have US style gun laws as the crowd would have been filled with firearms.

edit....

and BTW they were back there this morning and they were assaulting the lefty media down there covering it.

Last edited:
Never said the were lefties, those are your assumptions.

I think they most likely identify with neighborhood anarchists, a rag tag bunch of idle people who enjoy social disruption.

Yeah, you've got me there. These are the main three that I have to enforce.

There are other "no go" policies as well like no propane tanks, no jerry cans with fuel, no gas powered tools etc. You would be surprised how many times I have had people come on with a full jerry can or a gas powered lawnmower or weedwhacker with gas sloshing around and they are shocked when I say those are not allowed. Just the same I always call a supervisor. Always doing the CYA.

Toronto Star (lefties LOL) used to print an annual article "stuff left on public transit" . I was fascinated with 8 sets of dentures (eww) , a Cello, a stuffed armadillo, 427 bags of groceries, 1762 thermos jugs. 68 laptops. umbrellas and mittens. It was staggering.

Never said the were lefties, those are your assumptions.

I think they most likely identify with neighborhood anarchists, a rag tag bunch of idle people who enjoy social disruption.
Rag tag group of neighbourhood anarchists that came from all over the GTA, that coordinated time and location. Showed up with commercially printed signs and came equipped with all the required bull horns etc.

How does it work, they can't be right wing protesters unless they are in some sort of uniform like in the Blues Brothers? :)

1606483775923.png

In all seriousness, I get it does not fit the narrative, instead of trying and failing to convince the GTAM membership otherwise, I suggest you head down to Queen Elizabeth blvd and Royal York and tell them they are doing it wrong and they are screwing up the narrative. You will have a better chance...

130k on his go fund me...

Here's your small business support fund, folks! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

130k on his go fund me...

Here's your small business support fund, folks! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Well technically that gfm is like Trumpies recount slush funds. It implies that some of it will be used for Skelly but the wording seems loose enough that the originator has a lot of flexibility in where the money goes.

Well technically that gfm is like Trumpies recount slush funds. It implies that some of it will be used for Skelly but the wording seems loose enough that the originator has a lot of flexibility in where the money goes.
is anything you ever post no political?

Following @Zoodles95 comments on busses I started paying attention a bit more....passed 3 Mississauga transit busses here in our area and not a single one had a mask on, not even around their neck to pretend to give a ****. Guess they’re not too worried about enforcing the rules but I’m sure they’ll be crying ‘boo’ if they get sick. Just wish I grabbed the bus numbers as I’d love to see their claims denied if they get sick at work.

Following @Zoodles95 comments on busses I started paying attention a bit more....passed 3 Mississauga transit busses here in our area and not a single one had a mask on, not even around their neck to pretend to give a ****. Guess they’re not too worried about enforcing the rules but I’m sure they’ll be crying ‘boo’ if they get sick. Just wish I grabbed the bus numbers as I’d love to see their claims denied if they get sick at work.
If there was ever a need for union to jump into the ring and fight for workers it's now. They sure come swinging to wage discussions, where are they when their workers are facing preventable workplace health risks?

Screaming Jerry -- where are you?

If there was ever a need for union to jump into the ring, it's now.

Where the hell is screaming Jerry today?
Where's the money in enforcing health? Union brass makes more money if a few members die and they use that to increase pay next round as the job is so hazardous.

If there was ever a need for union to jump into the ring and fight for workers it's now. They sure come swinging to wage discussions, where are they when their workers are facing preventable workplace health risks?

Screaming Jerry -- where are you?
Where are they to discipline their own union members? That's my question. Everyone kicks and screams how no one is looking out for the workers...but what happens if the workers don't seem to care about their own health and don't take it seriously?

Honestly, I don't want to start a fight b/w pro/anti union sentiment...I just think it's wrong for them to complain about the general public, if their own staff isn't held to account for it.

Taking @Zoodles95 example...he had it, beat it, and is frustrated with his employer's lack of assistance in dealing with rule breakers....but he's doing his part, and as such should be supported properly. My opinion....no shirt, no shoes, no mask, no service. No exceptions.

Where are they to discipline their own union members? That's my question. Everyone kicks and screams how no one is looking out for the workers...but what happens if the workers don't seem to care about their own health and don't take it seriously?

Honestly, I don't want to start a fight b/w pro/anti union sentiment...I just think it's wrong for them to complain about the general public, if their own staff isn't held to account for it.

Taking @Zoodles95 example...he had it, beat it, and is frustrated with his employer's lack of assistance in dealing with rule breakers....but he's doing his part, and as such should be supported properly. My opinion....no shirt, no shoes, no mask, no service. No exceptions.
I guess don't really know where workers stand, I have heard @Zoodles and read a bunch of complaints from Ottawa and figured drivers were getting frustrated. If transit workers are taking a cavalier approach to COVID and don't really care I can understand the union standing back.

Maybe a word on transit workers feeling about this from @Zoodles could shed more light on the matter.

I can't wait until the weeks ahead when the stories of people who ended up on TV and in the newspapers being violent crazies losing their jobs start trickling out.

Because their freedom to protest is protected. Their freedom from the potential consequences, not so much.

Social media is a great tool for letting these whacadoodles organize. It's also a great tool for spreading the results of their gatherings far and wide. Eventually someone, somewhere is going to see it, and next thing you know there's a "The actions and views of so and so does not reflect the values of our company and accordingly we have terminated his/her employment" letter.

As for the GoFundMe for the guy who owned the restaurant, well yeah, the lawyers will take most of it. What's left, assuming he actually gets it (and it doesn't disappear into some strangers pockets) will maybe cover some of the fines and expenses related to him effectively losing his business at this point, as it's evident he's done. In a years time I suspect he may not feel it was all worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom