Coronavirus | Page 371 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
States are required to post their official counts by 20th November. These dates are prescribed in their election processes. That date has not yet passed. It will, in a little over a week. There's no conspiracy and there is nothing out of the ordinary in that they haven't been posted yet.

Looking at the number after March, you can mostly see a gradual increase in deaths each year until 2020 and then it spikes. It appears to "die" off in the summer, probably since the virus numbers were going down, but it will be interesting to see the current numbers once they get added to the chart. Thanks for posting this.

States are required to post their official counts by 20th November. These dates are prescribed in their election processes. That date has not yet passed. It will, in a little over a week. There's no conspiracy and there is nothing out of the ordinary in that they haven't been posted yet.
I think that was his point Brian. As there is no official count he hasn't 'lost'.

I think that was his point Brian. As there is no official count he hasn't 'lost'.

Elections have been called by government agencies (IE secret service beefing up protection and a no-fly zone over Biden’s house once PA was called) and others (yes, including the media) forever and a day this way once It’s mathematically impossible for the opponent to win any longer. Call it “preemptive” or whatever one pleases until the official certified numbers come in, but it’s the way it goes

This assumes one doesn’t buy into the conspiracy theories this time around that what’s so very clearly happening in reality... somehow isn’t actually reality.

You are ill with TDS . Your cure is to turn the TV off . Thinking for yourself is hard letting the TV do it for you is easy .

Maybe you can post a link where the states have posted their official results for the election . CNN does not count as official .
Well, the Associated Press has a 99.8% accuracy rate in calling states and victors. They, have called it for Biden - who incidentally has over 5 MILLION more votes than the outgoing president Trumpy.

Just because I'm not on the Trump Train and watch OAN or Fox as my primary news source, doesn't mean I can't think for myself.

Go ahead, join the cult they said... everything will be fine they said....

Well, the Associated Press has a 99.8% accuracy rate in calling states and victors. They, have called it for Biden - who incidentally has over 5 MILLION more votes than the outgoing president Trumpy.

Just because I'm not on the Trump Train and watch OAN or Fox as my primary news source, doesn't mean I can't think for myself.

Total popular vote count means very little in their system (or ours). The systems are intentionally not setup to follow the will of the majority of the population. It really does come down to votes in a few specific states.

Why in the **** has this bickering bled over into the Corona thread.

Take it back to the U.S. thread, and let us try to have some productive arguments here.

Total popular vote count means very little in their system (or ours). The systems are intentionally not setup to follow the will of the majority of the population. It really does come down to votes in a few specific states.
I understand that...
Wonder if the huge gap in popular vote will finally convince them to alter their system a bit...
Extremely unlikely, as a super-majority would likely be necessary as it would be a constitutional amendment, correct?

Why in the **** has this bickering bled over into the Corona thread.

Take it back to the U.S. thread, and let us try to have some productive arguments here.
Good point.
OK, so with the number of cases here in Canada increasing at the rate that they are, how long do you think it will be before we are forced to go back to stage 1 lockdowns?

I know Waterloo Region is very strongly contemplating going back a step (51 new cases yesterday IIRC).

Good point.
OK, so with the number of cases here in Canada increasing at the rate that they are, how long do you think it will be before we are forced to go back to stage 1 lockdowns?

I know Waterloo Region is very strongly contemplating going back a step (51 new cases yesterday IIRC).
I bet Peel will be in full lockdown come December. Their cases are and have been out of control, and it's Diwali this weekend so it's not looking good.

I understand that...
Wonder if the huge gap in popular vote will finally convince them to alter their system a bit...
Extremely unlikely, as a super-majority would likely be necessary as it would be a constitutional amendment, correct?
The concept has its problems but also advantages. The screwed numbers have a lot to do with how the votes are distributed:

1605197755802.png

Due to the above a vote in a populous state is worth less than a vote in a rural or small state. The number of EC votes should be adjusted to even it out.

Next they need to just get rid of archaic ideas that the EC are actual people, get out of the 18th century and just assign them based on count to get rid of faithless votes from EC members. Each state all or nothing all the same.

The US has a lot to learn about democracy.

The concept has its problems but also advantages. The screwed numbers have a lot to do with how the votes are distributed:

View attachment 45833

Due to the above a vote in a populous state is worth less than a vote in a rural or small state. The number of EC votes should be adjusted to even it out.

Next they need to just get rid of archaic ideas that the EC are actual people, get out of the 18th century and just assign them based on count to get rid of faithless votes from EC members. Each state all or nothing all the same.

The US has a lot to learn about democracy.
No, the system is fine as is. It was designed intentionally to encourage unity. If you make it based on population then people in the coastal cities will dominate every election, to the point where large parts of the midwest/south will have no incentive to participate in the union whatsoever.

The US is not a democracy by the way, it's a constitutional republic. The states themselves are democracies.

Think for yourself. LOL

Is this the same press that had Russian collusion, quid pro quo , and obstruction as topic for 4 years .

Elections have been called by government agencies (IE secret service beefing up protection and a no-fly zone over Biden’s house once PA was called) and others (yes, including the media) forever and a day this way once It’s mathematically impossible for the opponent to win any longer. Call it “preemptive” or whatever one pleases until the official certified numbers come in, but it’s the way it goes

This assumes one doesn’t buy into the conspiracy theories this time around that what’s so very clearly happening in reality... somehow isn’t actually reality.
i get that, but they can 'call' it till their blue in the face, it's not done until it's done.

I'm not saying i support his POV, but i understand it.

(y) he just can't win
Technically not true; until they record the official vote he can always win.

okie, back to Corona!

Technically not true; until they record the official vote he can always win.

okie, back to Corona!

So....over 1500 cases...new records set. Fun...

Update on my buddy....NZ added an extra 100 hotel rooms for travellers to be quarantined in....his go back home date got moved up a few weeks,

I predict that in another week or two, there will be no choice for Peel and Toronto other than another lockdown. Thanks, antimaskers and partygoers.
Agree. The bigger question is how large the circle is. The same knobs that brought you the lockdown will not think twice about travelling to york/durham/hamilton/simcoe to continue their douchebaggery. I wouldn't be surprised if surrounding muncipalities also got significant restrictions to minimize incentive for idiots to travel.

EDIT:
New modelling does not look at all good.

Last edited:
Options. None pleasant.

Italy, Spain required you to carry a piece of paper stating where you were going any time you were out of your house. Anyone out on the street was subject to being checked.

Victoria, Australia required you to stay within a certain short distance of your house. Enough to shop for essentials but that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom