Coronavirus | Page 356 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
nmjHr0l.jpg

@Zoodles95 GWS.

On or about November 12th, let’s have a virtual G&T to celebrate your birthday and that you beat this thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man will I ever celebrate. Today has been a turning point. First time since... Well... Let's just say that things moved. LOL...

A few days ago I was at a cross roads and was not sure if I was going to ever feel any better and I was pondering my mortality. Based on the contract tracers I am actually on day 11 now. I did perceive that I had a small head cold. It resolved and I had a dry cough for a day. Then I felt fine. Then I got worn out doing the hot tub pad work. Then on the Monday things hit the fan and everything went sideways.

I can eat now and not throw up. I can actually sit up and watch TV and be up more than an hour. Amazing what a gift it is to just be able to do "normal" things like being able to stay up an hour and not have your eyes feel like they are getting blown out.

My wife works part time at Joseph Brant so she has been off to look after and she is under quarantine of course so we are losing some income during this. When I am back on my feet I will gladly take some overtime or snag a shift here or there to make up the difference if she is too concerned about the budget. She said today that she is worried that she cannot get me something nice for my Birthday or Christmas. I don't care. My gift is her and that I am still here. Assuming that I am on the way out of this then I have all the gift I need for the rest of my life frankly.

My wife even called the hot tub guy today to check on his progress with the Hydromate. I honestly don't deserve her.

So... Depending on how I feel tomorrow Public Health may green light me. Believe it or not they assess when they think you started and work from there. At day 10 they can technically clear you. There is no way I am going back to work without a negative test. This may become interesting depending on how my work reacts. Hmmm...

The thing that is gnawing at me is that nothing has changed since I have been off work. Oh, I forgot to say that my wife got a Covid test and she tested negative. The 4 drivers I had some contact with are all negative so I did not catch it from a coworker (that can be determined anyways) and my wife is negative so I did not get it at home. They have blamed every other case of a sick driver with Covid on home transmission. No changes to passenger count (unlimited) and from what I am hearing the hard drives are getting pulled left and right to ensure drivers are spraying the disinfectant. It is weird to read the news about yourself. The CTV Kitchener and other Facebook pages are all full of people saying that the drivers are not wearing their mask. It is less than 5% of responses that reference any issue with passengers not wearing masks. So sadly I am going back to an unsafe work place. I did let the contact tracers know my concerns about GRT and public transit in general. Not sure if they will follow up on that or not. I still think this is goofy. Perhaps I will have some immunity; perhaps not.

Sigh... No sense being bitter. I am using sick time so bills can still get paid. I have a wonderful wife who has tirelessly looked after me and our sweet, crazy Frenchy/Pug cross Libby who has been my little sentinel and has snuggled up and kept an eye on me all week. I consider myself very lucky frankly...

Sorry for the ramblings... Thanks so much for the kind words and thoughts all.

Oh man will I ever celebrate. Today has been a turning point. First time since... Well... Let's just say that things moved. LOL...

A few days ago I was at a cross roads and was not sure if I was going to ever feel any better and I was pondering my mortality. Based on the contract tracers I am actually on day 11 now. I did perceive that I had a small head cold. It resolved and I had a dry cough for a day. Then I felt fine. Then I got worn out doing the hot tub pad work. Then on the Monday things hit the fan and everything went sideways.

I can eat now and not throw up. I can actually sit up and watch TV and be up more than an hour. Amazing what a gift it is to just be able to do "normal" things like being able to stay up an hour and not have your eyes feel like they are getting blown out.

My wife works part time at Joseph Brant so she has been off to look after and she is under quarantine of course so we are losing some income during this. When I am back on my feet I will gladly take some overtime or snag a shift here or there to make up the difference if she is too concerned about the budget. She said today that she is worried that she cannot get me something nice for my Birthday or Christmas. I don't care. My gift is her and that I am still here. Assuming that I am on the way out of this then I have all the gift I need for the rest of my life frankly.

My wife even called the hot tub guy today to check on his progress with the Hydromate. I honestly don't deserve her.

So... Depending on how I feel tomorrow Public Health may green light me. Believe it or not they assess when they think you started and work from there. At day 10 they can technically clear you. There is no way I am going back to work without a negative test. This may become interesting depending on how my work reacts. Hmmm...

The thing that is gnawing at me is that nothing has changed since I have been off work. Oh, I forgot to say that my wife got a Covid test and she tested negative. The 4 drivers I had some contact with are all negative so I did not catch it from a coworker (that can be determined anyways) and my wife is negative so I did not get it at home. They have blamed every other case of a sick driver with Covid on home transmission. No changes to passenger count (unlimited) and from what I am hearing the hard drives are getting pulled left and right to ensure drivers are spraying the disinfectant. It is weird to read the news about yourself. The CTV Kitchener and other Facebook pages are all full of people saying that the drivers are not wearing their mask. It is less than 5% of responses that reference any issue with passengers not wearing masks. So sadly I am going back to an unsafe work place. I did let the contact tracers know my concerns about GRT and public transit in general. Not sure if they will follow up on that or not. I still think this is goofy. Perhaps I will have some immunity; perhaps not.

Sigh... No sense being bitter. I am using sick time so bills can still get paid. I have a wonderful wife who has tirelessly looked after me and our sweet, crazy Frenchy/Pug cross Libby who has been my little sentinel and has snuggled up and kept an eye on me all week. I consider myself very lucky frankly...

Sorry for the ramblings... Thanks so much for the kind words and thoughts all.
Hope you continue to feel better.

Glad that you are on the path to recovery.
Congrats on having such a supportive life partner.
Hope that your supervisor takes cognizance of your concerns when you do go back to work.

Is this really news ? More fear BS.

Guess the killer hornet didn't do the job.
I look at it as interesting not fear-mongering. Asymptomatic, little risk of transfer from dog to human . . . Trials has been going on for months about infections in animals.

Every day that goes by we learn more. When you learn more you can adapt easier. The second wave in the UK does not have as many fatalities right now as the first wave although intensive care beds are still being filled. That’s because they have a better treatment regimen.

A year in, and it still takes 4+ hours in line or a room full of potential carriers, to get a test done. Then a few days to see the results.
Something seems messed up with the priorities, when dealing with commoners.
Is this world wide, country wide, province wide, or just here?

A year in, and it still takes 4+ hours in line or a room full of potential carriers, to get a test done. Then a few days to see the results.
Something seems messed up with the priorities, when dealing with commoners.
Is this world wide, country wide, province wide, or just here?
Part of it is he system has no official priority (unless you are a politician or connected). Karen could bring in her whole asymptomatic family for testing and those tests get placed in the same queue as the EMT that dealt with a known positive patient. I know a private facility in the GTA that has an arrangement where tests are conducted onsite and they are guaranteed results in 24 hours. Same system as the rest of us, they just have queue jumping priority.

I have no idea how jurisdictions outside of ontario deal with who gets a brain poke and who gets analyzed first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom