Coronavirus | Page 308 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old age security in some societies, that is to have a really nice grave some day.
... don't point at the grave with your finger either, that is forbidden.

How does a country get that low a median age? Ontario is double that.

Did something else bump off the elderly?
Kenya has a classic Expansive population pyramid. All of the factors mentioned by other posts are characteristics seen in a population with this shaped pyramid, which are usually seen in developing nations.

Reactions: J_F
For the vast majority it's a hard life. From my experience, not world vision bad for the vast majority but without a doubt access to clean water is not available to much of the population. A lot of people eak out a living doing illegal (and in most cases unsustainable) activities (turning trees into charcoal, buying one paper from a box taking them all and selling them to drivers, etc).

A decade ago a salary of $20 a month puts you near the top of blue collar kenyans. Many were surviving on a few dollars a month.

Sanitation in the slums was poop into a plastic bag and then spin it over your head and let it fly to get it away from your shack. Your neighbour a few alleys over does the same thing and it averages out with *&^*&^ spread everywhere. The water source was a few trickling brown streams (probably not much different volume than a garden hose) filled with garbage. That supplied ~100,000 people. 5 to 10 people living in each 100 sq ft shack. Fires burning in shack for cooking. Almost everything you look at isn't conducive to a long life.

This pic is reasonably representative of what I saw when I was there. For obvious reasons, busting out a big camera and taking pictures would have been a dumb idea. That water was used for cooking, drinking, clothes washing and bathing. I still don't understand how their clothes looked so damned clean.

foh-u11922631.jpg

where did you get the picture of Kingston roads?

The problem I have with masks is that most of them that people are wearing, don't do ****.
They may stop forward flow, if the virus particles are in droplets, but the masks aren't tight enough to prevent side and backflow, and most tests are done with droplets and not viruses. All those petri dishes are growing bacteria. I also don't like the backlash against people who can't wear masks. It may be partially the fault of people who don't want to wear them, but the escalation is from others.
Here's a guy vaping with a couple of masks on:

Last edited:
The problem I have with masks is that most of them that people are wearing, don't do ****.
They may stop forward flow, if the virus particles are in droplets, but the masks aren't tight enough to prevent side and backflow, and most tests are done with droplets and not viruses. All those petri dishes are growing bacteria. I also don't like the backlash against people who can't wear masks. It may be partially the fault of people who don't want to wear them, but the escalation is from others.
People that can't wear masks. Explain.

For psych reasons. I shouldn't have to explain, and neither should they really.
It's going to be an issue at some point. It'll be interesting to see which way people fall.

It might be better that they stay in and someone deliver their needs.

So two people with masks on talking to each other aren’t throwing spittle at each other with virus particles in those droplets...that’s the whole point. If you aren’t projecting the droplets forwards straight out of the mouth via a cough or via talking they aren’t travelling as far either.

These videos of “aha...I beat the scientists and proved a government conspiracy” are getting a bit tiresome.

Raised by parents that did not believe in discipline or spanking.

and It's being called a 'face covering' not a surgical mask, there is a huge difference.

there are people with ligitimate mental health issues, similar to clostrophobia , that cant wear a mask and there are some other challenges.
There will be those, similar to people that use handicap parking and have therapy bunnies they travel with that will work the system.
But not everyone can wear a mask, maybe they should just stay home, maybe they cant do that either.

Face covering, it's not a mask, you can wear a scarf you can wear a veil, you could wear a halloween costume and it still qualifies.

Claustrophobia is a fear of confined spaces and the treatment is to put the person in confined spaces, can these people that can't handle anything touching their face wear glasses? <- wtf phobia is that called? I think you're making **** up, show me where these people were diagnosed with this issue prior to face coverings being mandated and I might buy it.

We basically need two baseball bats, maybe three.

One for people who want 100% of the population to wear masks - Boom, back of the head - Thinking clearer now?

One for people faking it to not have to wear masks - Boom, back of the head - Thinking clearer now?

One for people who still have beards while wearing masks - Boom, back of the head - Thinking clearer now?

All three of these groups need to stop the whining, especially the first one.

The virus doesn't care about your politically-correct sensitivities. In areas where there is high community transmission, if you can't wear a mask or don't want to wear a mask, don't go to indoor crowded places. The end. Doesn't matter the reason (or excuse) for not wearing a mask.

Put a sock in it. As in all other things, it's not the loud self-righteous people on either side that are suffering. Work on your sympathy feels.
It's got nothing to do with political correctness. Like someone said above, it's much like handicapped stickers. There's always going to be a very small number who need them, and a much larger number who want them. We need to separate the wheat from the chaff.

From the CDC" Cloth face coverings should not be placed on young children younger than two years of age, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the cover without assistance," the CDC notes in its FAQ about masks. In these cases, a mask could actually do more harm than good.
The Only People Who Shouldn't Wear Face Masks, Per the CDC

Bad news from the world's Covid 19 safe haven.

I got an email from my sister in New Zealand and Corona-virus is back. The whole country is gong into some degree of lock-down. Listed as community transmission.

Raised by parents that did not believe in discipline or spanking.

and It's being called a 'face covering' not a surgical mask, there is a huge difference.

Spanking: Teaching a child that physical violence and the threat of physical violence is a valid way to alter behavior. It's a crappy way to train a dog but OK for the kids.

BTW I've been both a recipient and donor and have thought it out. All it takes is a penis for a guy to create a child. To raise one requires a brain.

If you want to expand on this open a psychology thread. There are thousands of trained psychologists on the forum waiting to comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom